- Full-stack DeveloperStartgrid (via Toptal)2015 - 2017
Technologies: Django, AngularJS, Meteor, Node.js, Go, Ansible
- Refactored the user account API and implemented profile settings SPA in AngularJS.
- Developed new features in both the Django back-end and AngularJS front-end.
- Created an AngularJS generic application for displaying forms and handling submissions based on custom schema.
- Developed a prototype of a WYSIWYG form builder in Meteor.
- Built an app to manage, schedule, and execute batch processes. An example of a batch process is building an activity feed for one of the company's apps.
- Refactored the app responsible for managing login sessions across the suite of apps.
- Built a microservice in Go for consolidating the platform's Elasticsearch indexing needs.
- Full-stack DevelopereKids Daycare Management (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: Web Components, CouchDB, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js
- Developed a web component that displayed bookings in a calendar.
- Developed a web component for creating and cancelling bookings.
- Developed a web component for managing notes with specific information regarding a child (e.g., allergies).
- Devised a common strategy for developing and building web component projects.
- Integrated components with the existing application.
- Front-end DeveloperZippy.pt2014 - 2014
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Nginx, Redis
- Worked in the team responsible for building the new eCommerce infrastructure for the largest national private company (Sonae).
- Wireframed and developed the back-office used to manage all the online stores and product catalogs.
- Bootstraped the front-end architecture in order to make it future-proof (e.g., compatible with multi-stores and multi-catalogs per store) and ready to be worked on by a large team.
- Implemented a prototype for a common messaging platform for the several application blocks.
- Contributed to the design and specification of the company's core APIs.
- Full-stack DeveloperDataloop.io (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: CoffeeScript, Marionette.js, Node.js, Python
- Worked on the development of a SaaS product for server and application monitoring.
- Developed a test application to evaluate different charting libraries that was later open-sourced and improved one of them.
- Implemented several new dashboard widgets in the CoffeeScript/Marionette.js front-end application.
- Improved and solved bugs in the Node.js back-end application.
- Created a Vagrant VM that bootstrapped the entire environment required for running the application stack to speed up the setup of a local development environment.
- CTOSkin.pt2012 - 2014
Technologies: Backbone.js, Django, Magento, WordPress, Git, Ubuntu
- Involved in the store’s template design.
- Customized, deployed, and maintained a Magento-based eCommerce store.
- Devised strategies for SEO.
- Involved in the specification of the order fulfillment operation workflow.
- Engaged in full-stack development of several applications supporting the company’s operation and workflows such as: order fulfillment and internal stock management, cataloging and pricing management, a segmentation engine, a content management system, and a stock information exchange for all our providers.
- Handled DevOps.
- ConsultantGetsimi.com2012 - 2012
Technologies: Backbone.js, Python, Play Framework, PhoneGap
- Helped create specifications for the company's procedures.
- Contributed to the recruitment of a development team.
- Led development kick-off meetings with the key partner in the project.
- Designed the initial technology stack and overall architecture of the project.
- Developed a connector in Python to the POS terminals of the partner company.
- Lead Software ArchitectFbmgaming.com2011 - 2012
- Worked in research and development. Was responsible for the creation of the team and its subsequent performance.
- Developed an online gambling platform.
- Contributed to the specifications of a multi-purpose, scalable game math protocol.
- Helped develop a prototype for a distributed math simulator.
- Developed an HTML5 game.
- Developed a multi-purpose gambling game logic engine.
- Contributed to the development of a 3D game engine prototype making use of information extracted directly from Adobe After Effects.
- Software ArchitectAlert-online.com2008 - 2010
- Worked as part of the security architecture team.
- Designed and developed an authentication framework from scratch.
- Designed and developed a biometric authentication framework from scratch.
- Worked on the implementation of a single sign-on solution for all the company’s products.
- Developed Smartcard-based authentication.
- Devised ways to speed up the application in low-bandwidth environments.
- Advocated use of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) as more flexible integrated design principles for the rapidly growing, deeply customized medical business.
- Devised best practices regarding code obfuscation.
- Developed a library enabling encryption of database access passwords in Tomcat servers.