- Lead Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTShiftForward
Technologies: Scala, Akka, Mesos, Marathon, AWS
- Developed a column-oriented serialization library to allow efficient data analysis of log data in Scala.
- Deployed and managed auto-scalable services on AWS using Ruby scripts and Terraform to automate the operations.
- Led the development of a big-data forecasting engine for online advertising campaigns that facilitated prediction of the performance and reach of a campaign by projecting the number of impressions and unique users targeted by the campaign given historical performance.
- Contributed directly to hiring and growing an engineering team.
- Worked on external projects, interacting directly with the client.
- Created an API documentation tool that generated a professional documentation site given a Swagger API definition.
- Developed an SPA with Ember.js used as a demo app for an API service.
- Software Engineer Intern2011 - 2011PT Inovação (renamed to Altice Labs)
Technologies: Ruby, Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL
- Created a framework in Ruby to benchmark distributed databases which facilitated benchmark workload definitions in a simple DSL and also provided cluster-specific tests like horizontal scalability and cluster rebalancing time (when a node leaves).
- Researched the existing solutions for non-relational databases.
- Developed design patterns for data modeling with non-relational databases which took advantage of database-specific features and allowed an easier migration from a relational database domain.
- Developed several prototypes using non-relational databases which assessed their applicability to the problem domain of a telco.