Senior iOS Developer2017 - 2017OpenSignal
- Developed the Meteor iOS app from scratch.
- Helped translate business requirements into actionable work items.
- Established core application architecture, code style, and development process for the project.
Senior iOS Developer2015 - 2017Sky
- Development of the Sky Q app through to launch and subsequent releases.
- Led a small sub-team responsible for the delivery of large features in the app.
- Delivered several technical talks while mentoring and training developers in various Sky teams.
- Advocated the transition to Swift within the team.
Senior iOS Developer2015 - 2015Whistle Group
- Developed and profiled an iPad finance application as part of a distributed team.
- Evaluated and integrated a complex charting solution for displaying stock market data.
Senior iOS Developer2014 - 2015Net A Porter
Technologies: Sketch, AFNetworking, Objective-C
- Developed the Outnet eCommerce application. Adopted a pragmatic approach to influence the UX direction of the app and gained consensus from the team and stakeholders.
- Liaised between the development and design teams to deliver a high-quality application within planned milestones.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Snupps
- Developed and maintained the Snupps iOS application from initial specifications to post-launch.
- Liaised with designers, developers, and testers to deliver a high quality product across multiple milestones.
- Improved development and test processes by introducing an issue tracking solution.
- Wrote highly reusable components for the app.
- Adopted Agile methodology to effectively complete all sprints.
Senior iOS Developer2013 - 2013Monitise
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Worked on a financial applications project for the Visa account.
- Improved Monitise’s existing verification tool for submission to the App Store.
Senior iOS Developer2012 - 2013OpenSignal
Technologies: Objective-C, GHUnit, AFNetworking, Core Data, MapKit, Core Location, iOS
- Led the full development of the OpenSignal iOS application from origination to release to the App Store.
- Provided post-release support.
Senior iOS Developer (Contract)2012 - 2012Meri Media
Technologies: AVFoundation, Core Animation, OpenGL ES
- Participated in the full lifecycle development of the Altered Earth 2.0 application.
- Provided client with insights of technical details.
- Interacted with main designer to find the best possible solution.
Acceleration Architect2010 - 2012Maxeler Technologies
Technologies: Core Data, RestKit, Core Animation, UIKit, iOS
- Led a complex oil and gas industry project throughout the full development process and delivered a faster product by an order of magnitude. This report resulted in continued and improved business with the client.
- Developed compute kernels and unit tests for a low-latency financial trading platform while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Improved the existing data flow framework by speeding up the network's performance. This resulted in a significant performance gain on the application side, which was in line with aggressive sales projections.
- Performed interviews of candidates.
Graduate Development Engineer2008 - 2010Imagination Technologies
Technologies: OpenGL ES, C++
- Developed several successful C++ and OpenGL ES 2.0 demos to showcase the capabilities of the company’s graphics IP.
- Supported a number of key customers on platform integration processes.
- Used and modified the company's 3D graphics pipeline to deliver complex camera capture and decode video.
- Authored two articles on real-time graphics applications for past editions of GPU Pro, a well-known reference book for game developers.