Senior Data Analyst2021 - PRESENTPACCAR
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SQL, Snowflake, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Science, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Python, Git, Data Engineering, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Forecasting, Jupyter Notebook, Machine Learning, NumPy, Linux
- Developed over ten Tableau dashboards connected to remote diagnostic data, used by engineers throughout the organization to identify problem trucks and overall truck performance trends.
- Created a model that forecasts KPI and how it is affected by potential investments into the business. The model is used by management to inform significant budget decisions.
- Automated complex data-aggregation tasks in Snowflake SQL.
Production Editor2012 - 2021Mathematical Sciences Publishers
Technologies: Linux, LaTeX, Writing & Editing, Shell Scripting, Vim Text Editor, SSH
- Edited papers for grammar, readability, and consistency and typeset them in LaTeX to the highest typographical standards to prepare for publication in top math journals.
- Developed processes and tools to improve editors' efficiency, such as Vim macros and a shell script to automatically populate missing bibliographical data using the Crossref API.
- Interfaced directly with authors to ensure they were satisfied with the formatting of their papers and worked with them to implement requested changes and corrections.
Systems Administrator2016 - 2020University of Washington
Technologies: Linux, Shell Scripting, Server Management, SSH, SQL, Java, Technical Support, Technical Training, Python, HTML, Docker, High-performance Computing, Scientific Computing, MATLAB, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Maintained seven high-performance Linux servers used by graduate students and faculty in the applied mathematics department to perform cutting-edge research in climate modeling, mathematical finance, and mathematical biology.
- Provided training to the department's students on various scientific computing topics, such as shell scripting, SSH and the Linux command line, common Python packages, and maintaining an academic website.
- Oversaw the transition to a new auto-grading system used by instructors to evaluate Python code submissions for classes of over 300 students.
Graduate Research Assistant2015 - 2020University of Washington
Technologies: C++, Python, Artificial Intelligence (AI), HDF5, Research, Big Data, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), University Teaching, ANSYS, High-performance Computing, Numerical Methods, Scientific Computing, Fortran, Keras, SciPy, NumPy, Subversion (SVN), Linux, Server Management, LaTeX, Writing & Editing, Vim Text Editor, Data Science, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Parallel Programming, MPI, Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Added machine-learning capabilities to legacy Fortran/C++ code to speed up fluid simulations by a factor of 16.
- Post-processed large fluid-simulation datasets on the order of 100 GB, using Python to visualize important fluid phenomena and perform analysis to make new scientific discoveries.
- Assisted in teaching a graduate-level course on computational fluid mechanics, including designing and grading exams and homework assignments, holding office hours, and giving lectures on using ANSYS Fluent.