Andrei Mosso Mendoza
Java Developer in Denver, CO, United States
Member since February 25, 2014
Andrei is a senior full-stack software engineer and architect with experience developing Java, Node.js, PHP, and iOS applications. He has worked in all phases of the project life cycle, using a wide variety of tools and frameworks. He has a strong drive to efficiently deliver effective software solutions.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Quadwrange (via Toptal)
Technologies: Play Framework, AngularJS, MongoDB, Ionic Framework
- Implemented bug fixes and new requirements using Play framework and AngularJS.
- Fixed bugs in Ionic apps.
- Used the Scrum methodology.
- Created a WYSIWYG editor to customize various pages.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Prolific Interactive (via Toptal)
Technologies: Laravel, MongoDB, AWS S3, AWS Elastic Transcoder
- Created mockups with Sketch.
- Implemented bug fixes and new requirements using Laravel.
- Integrated AWS S3 API to store image content.
- Integrated AWS Elastic Transcoder to process video uploaded by users.
- Automated most of the regression tests.
- Integrated testing into the continuous integration system.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016uDown (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ionic, Node.js, Feathers.js, MongoDB
- Designed and implemented back-end REST services using Node.js and Feathers.js.
- Integrated with Facebook API.
- Integrated with Twitter API.
- Worked under the Scrum methodology.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Smyle, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Swift, iOS, Redis, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Designed and implemented high-performance back-end REST services.
- Developed using Spring MVC, Redis, and Hibernate.
- Developed for iOS using Swift 2.
- Integrated with Facebook and Dropbox APIs.
- Maintained project control with JIRA and GitHub.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015Systems USA
Technologies: Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, jQuery
- Implemented new HHSC dispositions with Java EE, Hibernate, and in-house frameworks.
- Supported the HHSC's welfare production portal.
- Created batch jobs to process client requests for support using Java and Hibernate.
- Migrated a legacy system to a web-based application using IBM Portal and AngularJS.
Software Architect2013 - 2013Noiselab Apps
Technologies: Cocoa Touch, Objective-C, iOS, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Implemented the user interface using Xcode.
- Invoked back-end services to populate the screens with data.
- Implemented user interaction flow with storyboards.
- Implemented back-end REST services using Spring-MVC and Hibernate.
- Enjoyed programming for mobile devices.
Lead Specialist2012 - 2012Grupo ASSA
Technologies: Java EE, Maven, Redmine, Mercurial, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, Oracle Service Bus, Oracle Service Registry, Oracle Data Integrator
- Installed Dev and QA environments using WebLogic, Oracle SOA Suite, Service Bus, Enterprise Repository, Service Registry, and a load balancer.
- Created detailed instructions allowing the infrastructure team to install the production environment.
- Developed Web Services to expose JD Edwards business functions.
- Integrated services with SalesForce.com.
- Created an interface to periodically transfer data from JD Edwards to a legacy system using Oracle Data Loader.
Software Architect2008 - 2011Glider Software Solutions
- Created a checks and savings account opening system for IXE bank, using Java EE and Oracle BPM.
- Created a checks, savings, and credit card accounts opening system for Banamex - Citi bank, using Java EE and Oracle BPM.
- Migrated an Aqualogic BPM 5.7 project to Oracle BPM 10.3.
- Designed and implemented a budget proposal and approval system, using Aqualogic BPM 6.0 and Flex Builder 3.
- Assessed best practices for Aqualogic BPM implementations.
- Installed development, QA, and production WebLogic, including Aqualogic BPM and Oracle BPM environments.
- Provided on-site support for WebLogic, Aqualogic BPM, and Oracle BPM environments.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008Softtek
- Received a non-functional system and took it to production in 6 months.
FrameworksAngularJS, Bootstrap, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Ionic, Play Framework, FeathersJS, JUnit, Hibernate, CakePHP, RestKit
ToolsApache Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, AWS Elastic Transcoder, Eclipse IDE, Apache, Git, Subversion (SVN), Oracle Business Process Management (BPM), Oracle Service Bus, Oracle SOA Suite, Jira, Mercurial
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, Database Design, MEAN Stack, Scrum
PlatformsLinux, Oracle, Unix, Windows, iOS, AWS EC2, DigitalOcean, Rackspace Cloud, MacOS
OtherSoftware Architecture, WebLogic, WebSockets, PCI Compliance
Libraries/APIsNode.js, Dropbox API, Facebook API, jQuery, Google Drive API, jQuery UI
StorageRedis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2002 - 2006Tecnologico de Monterrey - Cuernavaca, Mexico.