Python Developer in London, United Kingdom
Web Developer2014 - 2015Gambit.com
Technologies: Node.js, Backbone.js, Web Sockets, PostgreSQL, Mocha
- Wrote three of the 20 game currently on the platform: "Dominoes", "Rock-Paper-Scissors", and "Grab'em Poker."
- Took part in redesigning ORM models to be testable.
- Designed and implemented a testing library which can be used for integration testing + scripting user behaviour.
- Wrote an SDK that allowed players to write bots for Gambit.
Lead Developer2013 - 2014NOVP
- Solely created a distributed system for transcoding video.
- Wrote an open-source library for controlling FFmpeg from Node.js.
- Dealt with synchronizing servers and data, wrote and utilized deployment tools and scripts.
- Improved my knowledge on decoupling components, writing tests and generally code that's readable.
- Accumulated enough experience with NOVP to begin freelancing.
Web Developer2012 - 2013Innologica AG
- Created web applications for Swiss telecommunication providers.
- Utilized AngularJS as a front-end MVC library, wrote the back-ends in Flask.
- Learned how to prevent most common attacks that happen on the Web.
- Used and wrote some tools/scripts for deploying.
- Started thinking about writing testable code, both on the back-end and the front-end.
- Learned about configuring Nginx and Apache.
Student, Python Developer2012 - 2012Google Summer of Code
- Wrote an add-on for a data mining software called Orange.
- Orange was designed to work only with text data, I added functionality so it could work with images.
- Learned a solid bit of Qt and its Python binding.
- First time working solely on a project, so learned a lot about managing time and motivation.
- Project is free and open-source.
Web Developer2011 - 2012Reform Solutions
- Created multiple websites using Contao CMS.
- Delivered projects while working on small teams.
- Developed several government websites.
- Understood the trouble when using a poorly documented CMS
Software Validator2010 - 2011Ein-Sof
Technologies: Java, Jython
- Tested software written in Java -- checked if the product matched the specification.
- Collaborated on creating a diagnostic tool for Honda.
- Had the chance to review enterprise code written in Java.
- Wrote automated tests in Jython.
- Worked in an environment that utilized a V-Model software development cycle.
- Behance Appreciate Button (Development)http://www.behance.net/gallery/Embeddable-Appreciate-Button-for-Behance/7321861
A series of exploits I found that enabled me to create an "Appreciate" button for Behance that's usable outside of the website. Became #1 Most Appreciated Programming project of all time.
- Plain FFmpeg (Development)https://github.com/NOVP-Open-Source/plain-ffmpeg
Open-source Node.js wrapper for controlling an FFmpeg process.
- EventList.mk (Development)
Side-project; website that aggregates Facebook events for my city
FrameworksExpress.js, AngularJS, Flask, Django
ToolsGit, Sublime Text, Mercurial, Jenkins
ParadigmsREST, Imperative Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming
Libraries/APIsReact, Backbone.js, jQuery
StoragePostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering2008 - 2013South East European University - Tetovo, Macedonia