- Web DeveloperBlazeTrak (via Toptal)2015 - PRESENT
- Refactored the old platform, moving from Mysql_connect to PDO and Doctrine 2.
- Moved from a manual asset management to Bower, Gulp, and Elixir.
- Created a mini framework (Routing, Helpers, Security, Mail, Repositories) in order to standardize many of the functionalities in the platform using Composer.
- Refactored the submission process, moving from DropZone to fineUploader and CameraTag, storing the information in Amazon S3.
- Created cron jobs in order to manage all the automatic activities in the platform, avoiding manual review for several functionalities in the platform, mainly in email campaigns.
- Improved performance in the platform, refactoring the SQL queries and creating indexes as well as adding APC.
- Refactored all the front and back-end code, moving to an MVC pattern.
- Refactored the payment method, moving from legacy code to DirectPayment and ExpressCheckout from PayPal, adding Subuno for proven fraud transactions.
- Integrated multiple Symfony components (Console, DotEnv, Finder, Form, Debug) in the project using PSR-4 standard.
- Senior PHP DevelopereDoctrina (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: PHP, Docker, CKEditor
- Supported the development team in order to fix multiple bugs/issues on the platform.
- Improved student reports, allowing ordering by multiple fields and exporting to PDF.
- Created a new plugin for CKEditor in order to add in-line comments.
- Web DeveloperXFinityHealthTech (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: PHP, AngularJS, CSS
- Refactored the legacy code, moving from an unstructured to an OOP approach.
- Installed and set up the workflow with NPM, Gulp, and Composer.
- Moved the assets from local ones to AWS S3.
- Managed the deployment to all the different environments (dev, staging, demo, production).
- Implemented different modules for user, patients, doctors, and test management.
- Web DeveloperLumiary (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
- Integrated the platform with other services like Zendesk, MailChimp, Stripe, Bronto, Lob, and BigCommerce via API, fetching information and storing it in a Mongo database.
- Created an API in Node.js and different modules in order to support the new database schema (invitations, segmenting, accounts, authorization, dashboards, settings, orders).
- Implemented API support for several requests to the ElasticSearch server.
- Created a process to manage the application logs using AWS CloudWatch and cached queries using AWS ElastiCache.
- Created test cases as requests to the different APIs in the platform.
- Fixed bugs in the application.
- Lead Web DeveloperTICademia2013 - 2016
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, AWS S3, Bootstap, CKEditor, AWS Machine Learning
- Implemented social authentication using Facebook API, Twitter, and Google+.
- Implemented the online judge. It evaluates the codes submitted by the students.
- Supported the helpdesk, fixing bugs based on support tickets.
- Implemented course reporting using queues and jobs due to the amount of data.
- Implemented student dashboarding in order to summarize their performance.
- Implemented real-time features like duels, chat, and notifications using Pusher.
- Implemented a model and module using AWS Machine Learning to identify students in risk of failing a course.
- Freelance Web DeveloperOSF Global Services2015 - 2015
- Implemented a generic switch mechanism between several languages in demandware and eCommerce platforms.
- Implemented a mechanism for redirecting automatically to the user based on the default language in the browser.
- Developed several jobs to generate reports automatically using cron jobs.
- Created a module in order to generate a Google Adwords XML file.
- Improved the SEO implementing a mechanism to generate friendly URLs.
- Web DeveloperGlobant2015 - 2015
Technologies: jQuery, Java, Maven, Git
- Created several plugins to manage/show the content of the application using the Infuse.js plugin.
- Designed and implemented proofs of concept for several American newspapers.
- Read information from an API developed in JSP in order to integrate and add new features in the front-end.
- Maintained legacy code developed in JSP.
- Solved several issues related to cross-browser and mobile devices.
- Lead DeveloperMySmartHealth2013 - 2015
Technologies: Laravel 4, Laravel 5, AngularJS, jQuery
- Defined the architecture of an ophthalmology platform for doctors in order to manage the clinics.
- Created the application core and structure using Laravel 4 and jQuery.
- Migrated the platform from Laravel 4 to Laravel 5 and moved from jQuery to AngularJS.
- Oversaw the process of code review, QA, and deployment using Git and BitBucket.
- Maintained the hosting and domain of the application to be completely ready in case of any emergency or complaint from clients.
- Created the complete workflow for other developers, using Composer and Gulp in order to optimize the development.
- Web DeveloperNational University of Colombia2013 - 2015
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, AngularJS, CSS3
- Designed and implemented the back-end for the LMS in PHP to manipulate data in the LMS. The implementation was done using Laravel 4.
- Designed the database and models using Laravel migrations and modeling with Navicat.
- Implemented an algorithm judge in Java using threads in order to compile, run, and validate the algorithms implemented by the students, very similar to TopCoder and HackerRank validators.
- Maintained and implemented new modules in the platform according to the feedback received.
- Designed and implemented interfaces for a learning management system using CSS, CCS3, and Bootstrap.
- Created unit tests using PHPUnit and later used Codeception in order to validate the platform.
- Generated a complete front-end workflow using Gulp (minify, versioning, livereload) in order to optimize time in the project.
- Implemented all the models and queries using Eloquent based in the business logic.
- Freelance Web DeveloperColumbusSoft2013 - 2013
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, Bootstrap
- Implemented a module in Laravel in order to connect with the Amazon API and extract information to be published in the site.
- Designed and implemented graphic interfaces for an online vitamin shop using Foundation.
- Maintained several indoor projects (schedules, billing, tasks) and migrated some projects from Laravel 3 to Laravel 4.
- Implemented the checkout process using calls to the Amazon API using PHP.
- Generated XML files using PHP to be imported for an external application.
- Web DeveloperOptilodging2012 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap
- Built the bookings calendar in the application using jQuery promises.
- Implemented the module to manage the bills in the hotels using CodeIgniter framework.
- Programmed a generic method to export data about the current guests in order to be used by the national police in order to validate the information provided by the guests.
- Designed and implemented the database using MySQL and Navicat.
- Implemented the fully responsive graphic interfaces designed by a web designer using Bootstrap.
- Web DeveloperNational University of Colombia2010 - 2012
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Foundation
- Designed and implemented graphical interfaces using Foundation.
- Designed and implemented the database using MySQL.
- Implemented the protocol OIA-PMH in order to harvest information from several repositories.
- Implemented several triggers in PLPGSQL in order to maintain information of two synchronized databases.
- Created a generic file manager in order to maintain, update, delete, and change several resources uploaded by the users.
- Webmaster"Efe Gómez" Library2009 - 2010
Technologies: WordPress, Joomla
- Maintained the library web page implemented in WordPress.
- Changed several legacy pages implemented in Joomla.
- Integrated several plugins in WordPress in order to have a better service for users (reservations, chat, etc.).
- Designed the pages and advertising campaigns in order to get more guests.
- Created a free repository with the solutions of math, physics, and chemistry books.