Research Scientist Level III2010 - 2015Xerox PARC
Technologies: Apache Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Java
- Submitted 12 patent applications (1 awarded so far) in the areas of automated business process management, data privacy management, data analysis, and distributed middleware.
- Led a project team (5 people) to design and prototype a scalable cloud analytics platform for the IT Outsourcing group at Xerox.
- Worked on a contribution to the Apache Hive open source project to extend functionality for large scale joins.
- Finalist in Services Cup contest of the IEEE International Conference on Service Computing (SCC), 2012, with Automating Reusable Workflow Development from design to instantiation.
- Successfully demoed, at a Xerox client symposium, a hybrid cloud workflow using 1000+ processors over 3 cloud sites.
Graduate Assistant and Post-doc2005 - 2010Rutgers University
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Java
- Received Academic Excellence Award from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Contributed to the creation of the NSF Center for Autonomic Computing, serving as Industrial Advisory Board Chair in 2012.
- Contributed to the design and early development of CometCloud (http://nsfcac.rutgers.edu/CometCloud), a virtual computational cloud infrastructure that integrates local computational environments and public cloud services on-demand.
- Co-chaired the Doctoral Symposium at the International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2009, 2010).
- Created a distributed clustering algorithm running on a peer to peer network that scaled to thousands of nodes.