Backend Developer2016 - PRESENTAdmass, Inc. (Admassinc.com)
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, React.js, Celery
- Created the integrations with multiple social networks (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest) as Celery tasks for information retrieval of Influencers.
- Worked on a REST API built with Flask and SQLAlchemy with a very strict TDD practice.
- Maintained, investigated and improved query performance of our PostgreSQL database using advanced SQLAlchemy features.
- Built multiple front-end views using React.js, Webpack, and styled-components that allowed users to configure their environments on the platform.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Take2 (DashSigns.com)
Technologies: Ember.js, Node.js, Loopback, Redis, MySQL
- Created a client side editor for vector based images (a mini Illustrator) for end users to design with. This was built using Ember.js.
- Implemented an SVG processing server using Inkscape and Docker.
- Built a REST API using Loopback in Node.js to support the eCommerce platform.
- Implemented and maintained server-side rendering for our single-page app using Ember FastBoot improving our page speed index significantly.
- Created an admin for the eCommerce platform to manage all products, orders, categories, etc. using Ember.js.
Lead Developer2013 - 2014Elemental Studio
Technologies: Google App Engine, Python, Objective-C, Flask
- Developed the back-end and mobile iOS app for a restaurant reservations system called TuMesa.
- Built a RESTful API using Google Cloud Endpoints in Python.
- Programmed the native iOS application.
- Wrote an admin panel single page application using Ember.js for restaurant owners.
- Integrated external services to send native push notifications and SMS to diners and restaurant owners.
CTO and Co-Founder2012 - 2014ScoreMat SAS
Technologies: Google App Engine, Python, Google Cloud Endpoints, Ember.js, NDB, Cordova/PhoneGap
- Designed and developed a highly scalable back-end for our social mobile game in App Engine with a Python runtime.
- Utilized a variety of systems including Google Cloud Datastore with NDB, Google Cloud Endpoints, Search API, Tasks API, Images API, Memcache API, Mail API, Blobstore, and Google Cloud Storage.
- Integrated external services with our back-end, including Pusher, Parse for native push notifications, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, TipGin score statistics API, and Firebase.
- Managed two mobile app developers, a back-end developer, and a front-end developer.
- Developed multiple components for our iOS and Android apps using EmberJS and Cordova.
- Created a custom Cordova plugin for our iOS and Android applications that allowed a seamless integration between the existing View Controllers and the HTML5 web views.
- Built a real-time score listings view using Firebase and Ember.js for the iOS and Android applications.
Research Assistant2012 - 2013EAFIT University
Technologies: Python, Scipy, MySQL, C
- Worked on the team that designed and developed Colombia's first electric solar vehicle for racing, called Primavera.
- Developed several mathematical models for different components of the vehicle and its interaction with the race environment, using Python and Scipy.
- Designed the circuits and developed the firmware for the telemetry system in the vehicle using C.
- Built the telemetry data storage and real-time analysis webserver software in Python with MySQL and a HTML5 front-end.
- Coordinated and designed the race strategy during the competition.
- Terappy (Development)
https://www.terappy.co/ is a platform to connect professional psychologist with patients. It was all built by me using Django, PostgreSQL, Firebase, Celery with RabbitMQ, and Redis in the back-end. On the web front-end, it uses React for the patient interface, and includes an online chat with the therapist. It also has an iOS mobile app built using React Native.
- ScoreMat (Development)
A mobile and web social game for competing around football predictions with other fans around the world. We have iOS, Android, and web clients. The API is built using Google Cloud Endpoints in Python to automatically generate statically typed libraries in Objective-C and Java. We make use of almost every service available in Google App Engine including the Search API, Mail API, NDB Datastore, Memcache API, and Tasks API. The iOS and Android applications were built with the native frameworks of each platform but also include Cordova/PhoneGap components for rapid iteration.
- TuMesa (Development)
A restaurant reservations mobile app. I built the RESTful API using Google Cloud Endpoints in Python and developed the native mobile app using Objective-C. With its simple yet scalable architecture, we have been able to gain recognition in Medellín's restaurant reservations space.
FrameworksDjango REST Framework, Loopback, Ember.js, webapp2, Google Cloud Endpoints, Django, Redux, React Native, Express.js, Cordova, Flask
Libraries/APIsReact, Ember Data, Google Task Queue, SQLAlchemy, Ember FastBoot, Node.js, Flask-RESTful
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Agile Software Development
StorageGoogle Cloud Datastore, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
ToolsWebpack, Amazon SQS, Git, Sublime Text
PlatformsHeroku, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Google App Engine, iOS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechatronic Engineering2007 - 2012Antioquia School of Engineering (EIA) - Envigado, Colombia