Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrew is a senior back-end developer with over ten years of experience, specializing in Python and Agile leadership. He built entire new CMS platforms, led Agile transformations, and ran an IoT tech startup. Andrew's stack specialty is Python with Django and PostgreSQL through AWS, although he has experience with NoSQL and serverless architectures.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an entire subscription management system for E.W. Scripps to handle access to news articles for nationwide subscribers.
Director of Software Engineering
- Led a company-wide Agile transformation effort from waterfall to scrum that was fully adopted by the business and significantly increased developer throughput.
- Handled issues and delegated between the customer success and development team to ensure fast resolution of customer issues.
- Migrated the existing codebase from Python 2.7 to Python 3.8 alongside the relevant Django upgrade with zero customer downtime.
- Managed off-shore teams simultaneously with local teams and aligned work goals between them.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed a system that sent uploaded images to an image-processing machine learning algorithm to have the machine's serial numbers parsed out.
- Created a process where parsed serial numbers could be linked to repair and service manuals in our database.
- Led a team of three to implement customer-requested features using Kanban methodologies.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Interfaced with a cross-functional team of business analysts, developers, and technical support professionals using Agile principles to develop robust storage and networking automation software with tests.
- Used Jira as a tool for bug tracking and software maintenance.
- Planned and delivered company-wide features by utilizing a scaled agile framework.
Web Application Developer
The E.W. Scripps Company
- Built a replacement CRM and subscription management platform to handle access to premium news and media content.
- Collaborated with a nutritionist to build a weekly meal planning service that generated recipes based on customers' dietary restrictions.
- Set up prototyping of new web deployment processes using AWS and Docker.
- Acquired a patent for a developed technology that emulated a virtual ethernet bridge over wireless for real-time analytical chemistry test data transmission.
- Managed a development team of three to deliver timely results for pilot clients.
- Led and presented at both investor and customer pitch meetings for fundraising and to drive initial early adopters for our product.
Virtual Ethernet APIhttps://github.com/Atumsoft/API
Python, HTML, XML, Python 3, HTML5, SAML, SQL, VBScript, Rust, C#.NET, Java, GraphQL
Django, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Flask, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), OAuth 2, Swagger
REST APIs, wxWidgets, Stripe, Stripe API, OpenAPI, SQLAlchemy, Pygame, React Redux, React, MTurk API
Slack, GitLab, Jira, wxPython
Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Agile Project Management, Management, Automation, Scrum, Serverless Architecture, Microservices, Kanban
Linux, MacOS, Windows, Arduino, Docker, Raspberry Pi, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda
Databases, JSON, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, MySQL
Back-end, Scripting, APIs, API Integration, Integration, Internet of Things (IoT), CTO, Technical Writing, Web Development, Technical Leadership, Team Leadership, Technical Documentation, Automation Scripting, Excel 365, VMware ESXi, Task Automation, GUI Design, Applicant Tracking Software (ATS), Architecture, Software Architecture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Excel Macros, Data Migration, VMware vCenter, Leadership, Scrum Master, Processing & Threading, Networking, Packet Communication, Graphics
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
University of Cincinnati - Cincinnati, OH, USA
SAFe Scrum Master