Verified Expert in Engineering
Andy's career focus is building consumer-facing tech products. He has worked on and helped build projects for large and small for companies such as Intel, NASA, phpBB, BlueTech LLC, Gojimo, and others. His goal is to be the best at what he does, which is helping people build products that change the world.
The most amazing...
...project I was able to work on was doing research and idea validation for NASA JPL. I identified important use-cases and wrote hundreds of pages of writeups!
- Developed an IT architecture roadmap to support 500 scientists in the research branch.
- Included in the large contract renewal for software developers.
- Collaborated on enterprise data management planning.
Director of Analytics Engineering
Spring Venture Group
- Responsible for ongoing operations for lead bidding, agent matching, and record reconciliation systems.
- Acted as a hands-on team lead—managing a small team to organize and monitor the company's data architecture with a focus on data science.
- Worked with data science to plan the team roadmap to support data science efforts.
Tech Product Consultant | Developer
- Developed back-end and front-end components.
- Managed the product development.
- Designed efficient systems for dealing with a large number of vendor microservices and displaying the results to users in real time.
Full-stack Developer Consultant
Sundial Capital Research
- Won accolades: "Andy is awesome. I'd hire him in a heartbeat again. His work is the best I've seen. If you need a developer, hire him." - Dr. Eric Brown, CIO.
- Modernized infrastructure to lower costs and improve product quality.
- Implemented and delivered high-value features to encourage growth.
Full-stack Developer Consultant
- Filled a large variety of roles, including integrating key features and fixes to the client's product.
- Integrated MailChimp into the Ruby on Rails back-end server to increase user retention, while maintaining ethical concerns by ensuring subscribers wanted the emails.
- Built microservices and tools to automate complicated but often done tasks.
- Developed the content pipeline to massively increase content availability.
- Won accolades: "Andy was the best freelancer we've ever worked with [remotely], so much so that we continued to work together for 18 months, having only originally hired him for a small project. In the end, Andy was fully integrated with our full time team and worked excellently remotely. He communicated extremely well and was very responsive at all times. In addition, he used his initiative to make highly beneficial changes to our platform for which we are forever grateful." – George Burgess, CEO.
Google Summer of Code Intern
- Worked on a patch to refactor phpBB's session back-end to operate on memory-backed data stores like APC, Redis, and Memcache.
- Refactored critical modules in a legacy codebase.
- Worked remotely as part of a large open team spread across several different countries.
- Won accolades: “I think you are doing a pretty good job.” – Andreas Fischer, Mentor, phpBB Core Developer.
Validation Technician Intern
- Delivered mission-critical hardware specification tests for software and hardware.
- Won accolades: “I did not expect an intern this competent.” – Mike Cunningham, Supervising Manager, Senior Team Lead.
- Installed and configured testing hardware infastructure.
Software Developer Intern
- Developed production websites in a growing software business.
- Operated with others in an open agile work environment.
- Created a customizable downtime system that took down web servers and put up a maintenance notification page.
- Used initiative to clean up legacy parts of the code base to increase team happiness and long term software maintainability.
Snapcoin: Bitcoin for Feature Phoneshttps://andychase.me/snapcoin/
Codebook: Organized Software Resource Directory
Reparse: Natural Language Parsing Libraryhttps://reparse.readthedocs.io
It is used in data extraction and web scraping projects that work with the primary natural language.
Git, PyCharm, RabbitMQ, Tableau
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web
Full-stack, APC, Back-end
Flask, Django, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Agile Software Development, Agile
Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Memcached
Pandas, Scikit-learn, jQuery
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
Portland State University - Portland, OR, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Oregon State University - Corvallis, OR, USA
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
Salesforce Certified Administrator