CTO & Founder2016 - PRESENTOuibring
Technologies: Python, Serverless, JS, AWS, PostgreSQL
- Built from the ground-up with modern technologies.
- Joined a successful accelerator as part of Ouibring.
- Successfully acquired seed funding.
- Employed a CI/CD environment to deploy and test code automatically.
Development Manager2015 - 2015Agoda
Technologies: C#, Hadoop, Scala, Vertica, Graphite, Graphana, Elasticsearch
- Led a cross-functional team in maintaining legacy products and implementing new features.
- Designed the software architecture of new features.
- Prototyped a transformation-based service for page branding.
- Promoted best practices in implementation and testing of software.
- Participated in the hiring process for software engineers.
Director of Technology2014 - 2015Insydo
Technologies: Python, AngularJS, Swift, Docker, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Created a level 3 RESTful API for a shared device web-based API.
- Created an internal workflow and information management system, including aspects of research, editorial, and approval processes for processing all information.
- Create a mini-framework for fan-out and aggregation patterns of distributed information. Implemented this framework for creating social newsfeeds.
- Built a continuous deployment system that would verify Docker containers by running high-level feature tests before deploying containers to the production system.
- Led the development of a recommender search system integrating tools such as NumPy, SciPy, and Elasticsearch, and techniques such as word vectorization, machine learning (clustering), and lexical databases.
- Created the alpha version iOS application using Swift for iOS.
VP of Engineering2014 - 2014Qordoba
- Implemented a dynamic image resizing library for Django.
- Assisted in creating a custom ebook viewer for books.
- Advocated containerization of services using Docker.
- Prototyped NLP services using various NLP libraries such as NLTK.
- Managed remote teams to bring a sister product to fruition in less than two months.
Technical Team Lead2012 - 2014Dubizzle
Technologies: Python, Django, Docker, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Created a new user experience and interface for the core Place-An-Ad component of the site, the first step in a redesign and a huge boon to the number of conversions through this particular funnel.
- Analyzed and improved the mobile UX for the jobs vertical, leading to a 650% increase in engagement within a year.
- Implemented a series of analytical measures of quality for user-generated content to measure the effect of product updates engineered towards increasing said content.
- Managed multivariate testing for many features to be released on the web platform.
- Created the first full website analytics integration covering all user behavioural data.
- Created a scalable distributed task scheduling system based on containers and cloud-based resources.
- Managed the release process, including deployment and code-review for several teams.
- Created a high-level BDD feature testing framework to allow product owners and developers to write testable user stories using a Gherkin parser.
Web Developer2010 - 2012Siamland Pty., Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku
- Created a property management CRM for internal property management.
- Managed project requirements and estimates using the OpenUP planning framework.
- Created a user-facing website for viewing available property listings.
- Implemented a community-based recommender system for searching through property listings.
- Created a fully BDD-based regression testing environment.
Web Developer2008 - 2010Vida Homes
- Created a feedback service for uploads to show upload progress.
- Created website using Ruby on Rails.
- Implemented weighted, customizable searches using Solr search functions.
- Comprehensively tested application using RSpec and Cucumber.