Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrew has eight years of experience developing high-performance back-end systems from scratch. He has led the development of internal APIs for derivatives trading, genomics and proteomics machine learning pipelines for AI-driven biotech, and infrastructure to support rapid delivery of on-chain data to front-end user interfaces. Andrew is very flexible and has worked both independently and led projects with up to ten people.
Windows, Linux, BSD, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a machine learning platform that led to the discovery of numerous drug leads and multiple Phase I and II clinical trials.
- Developed highly efficient low-latency back-end systems to support proprietary trading algorithms abstracted over centralized and decentralized exchanges of many types.
- Advised multiple cryptocurrency startups on blockchain protocol development.
- Solved numerous problems, including front-end responsivity, blockchain data retrieval using The Graph, and algorithm implementation in low-compute environments.
Senior Data Scientist | Back-end Developer
- Built a proprietary machine learning platform to identify drug targets through predictive analysis of large, proprietary omics datasets and integration with a large amount of public data.
- Created a visualization tool that consisted of a high-performance back-end caching layer and a responsive and user-friendly front end to communicate analyses and identify cross-dataset relationships.
- Developed high-performance implementations of novel statistical methods from literature and internal tools to facilitate usage.
- Managed the entire intake, processing, and warehousing pipeline for over 100 gigabytes of diverse biological data and developed high-speed querying and analysis tools.
- In-licensed three clinical-stage molecules and initiated multiple preclinical development programs, two publications, and three provisional patents.
- Headed an early-stage drug discovery program that included the KOL outreach, protein expression, screen initiation, hit-to-lead synthesis, ADME screening, and the development of biochemical, cell-based, and in vivo assays.
- Coordinated the startup and execution of international clinical trials using BGE-117, a small molecule HIF prolyl hydroxylase inhibitor.
Signal Data Science
- Provided bespoke statistical consulting services to industry clients, including large-scale companies, while primarily focusing on analytics projects that drove key consumer-facing decisions, such as management and website A/B testing interpretation.
- Developed a customized data science curriculum for ex-FAANG employees who wanted to transition into the machine learning field.
- Oversaw the customer intake process and high-level project management across all clients to ensure that critical timelines were met.
- Applied novel compressed sensing techniques to identify genetic predictors of prosopagnosia and cognitive ability in a proprietary dataset.
- Developed an end-to-end analytics pipeline that connected sequencer data generated in the lab, passed it through standard normalization and transformation steps, and applied proprietary statistical analysis to refine our predictive models.
- Took ad-hoc, in-house computational pipelines, standardized them into internal tools with a consistent interface and documentation, and optimized C++ code to improve algorithmic runtime.
Trading System Infrastructure
Machine Learning Pipeline for Drug Discovery
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), ETL
Windows, Linux, BSD, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Blockchain, Ethereum
NoSQL, Database Administration (DBA), MySQL, PostgreSQL
Machine Learning, Mathematics, Web Development, Scraping, Web Crawlers, Back-end, Front-end, Full-stack, User Interface (UI), APIs, Data Structures, Deep Learning, Text Classification, Manufacturing, CNC, Regression, Statistics, DWG File Format, DXF
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA