Back-end Engineer2019 - PRESENTBrightlobe
Technologies: GraphQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Full-stack, Django REST Framework, Back-end, React, Flask, Docker, AWS, Terraform, Python, Django
- Designed and implemented a Django GraphQL API to collect data from a Unity Client and store the data in PostgreSQL.
- Created a tool to upload and encrypt Unity Asset Bundles in S3. Added functionality to download and decrypt the bundle within the game.
- Deployed the code base locally using Docker and to AWS using Terraform. There were multiple Terraform modules across multiple environments.
- Created a data pipeline using Kinesis to stream data into AWS Redshift for further data analysis.
- Built the whole stack to be HIPAA compliant.
Owner2019 - PRESENTSoftware Crafts
Technologies: GatsbyJS, Full-stack, Process Management, Web Development, Web Design
- Designed and built websites for clients using Squarespace.
- Used JAMstack to design and built websites.
- Provided technical architecture advice to clients.
Head of Engineering2018 - 2019Founders4Schools
Technologies: Leadership, Architecture, Process Management, Recruitment
- Managed all aspects of the engineering team across both the Workfinder and the Founders4Schools product. This included line managing up to six people, hiring and on-boarding new team members, and leading all areas of engineering.
- Explored and developed new partnerships to reimagine the current state of the platform and take practical steps towards a vision while still delivering product features.
- Started a satellite office in Cambridge to match the growth of the team in the region.
- Worked as a member of the senior management team.
Technical Lead of Workfinder2016 - 2019Founders4Schools
- Responsible for the technical design and implementation of the database and back-end application APIs that serve the Workfinder apps (iOS and web).
- Implemented the first prototype of the web app for employers.
- Worked as the primary engineering contact with the agencies who built the first prototype of the iOS and web app.
- Pushed for the adoption of tools that ensured smooth communication across all business areas with a focus on flexibility and transparency.
Full-stack Developer2013 - 2018Founders4Schools
- Implemented changes across the entire Founders4Schools platform ranging from new features, bug fixes to maintaining the underlying infrastructure. Major achievements include transitioning between the Duedil V2 API to the Duedil V3 API.
- Migrated the codebase from Python 2.7 to Python 3.6 and upgraded major dependencies to the latest stable versions.
- Automated deployments to production.
Cloud Services Engineer2013 - 2015Ocado Technology
- Joined the Cloud Services team to facilitate the creation of the Ocado Smart Platform using the AWS and Google Cloud offerings. Experience with AWS, in particular, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, CloudFormation, and AMI automation.
- Utilized the Apigee Edge platform to securely expose internal endpoints to apps running on Google.
- Developed on a hybrid cloud platform for new warehouse systems using Docker and Mesos to allow developers to deploy across cloud and on-premise environments.
- Responsible for reviewing CVs and interviewing new candidates for teams across the department.