Founder2018 - PRESENTRollyk
Technologies: Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Unity, Apple Watch, Machine Learning, Swift 5, C#, Objective-C, Objective-C++, Web3, Bluetooth LE, Core Location, Core Bluetooth, ARKit, Firebase, Firebase iOS SDK, OpenCV, Python, Arduino, Internet of Things (IoT), iOS, GitHub, Unity3D, Games, GitFlow, Xcode, Swift, SwiftUI, Creative Tech
- Founded a creative tech practice helping clients design, prototype, and build digital experiences for iOS and Unity3D. Published multiple apps and games, taking the lead in transforming initial ideas into finished products.
- Published Follothru, an Objective-C iOS app to help golfers record their swings. Used OpenCV with CoreML to classify video frames. Used Firebase for authentication, cloud storage, and notifications. Subscriptions are managed through Apple payments.
- Built SplatMachine, a Swift iOS AR app that allows holders to place their NFTs in the world around them. Created video and photo capture to make sharing a breeze. Used WalletConnect for authentication and OpenSea REST API to query on-chain data.
- Created CrossyToad, a 3D platform game in Unity3D and C#that allows holders of Frogland NFTs to log in and play with a unique NFT. I was the gameplay engineer and designer. My team used GitHub and GitFlow to manage development with CI/CD tasks.
- Published Piñata Party, a multiplayer VR fitness game in Unity3D for Oculus Mobile. Completed the concept, design, and engineering. IMU sensor data and custom ML classifiers are used to drive player locomotion and Photon Engine for multiplayer.
- Built Apple Watch companion apps in Objective-C. Apps used background and CoreMotion processing for user notifications. Integrated Apple Health and conformed to all Apple guidelines, enabling successful submission to the App Store.
- Created ML tools to build datasets and train classifiers. Used custom IMU integration using Arduino over Bluetooth and video frame analysis using OpenCV preprocessing. Realtime classification performed in Objective-C, C++, C#, and CoreML.
- Developed marketing collateral for several projects with Adobe CC. Designed images, logos, videos, documentation, and websites for several products, including all required materials for publication on Apple App Store and Oculus Store.
- Hired remote UI/UX designers, illustrators, concept artists, sound designers, and algorithm engineers to assist in building projects. Worked directly with each individual, ensuring deliverables were on-time, on budget, and up to quality standards.
System Software Engineer V2018 - 2019NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Technologies: Unity, Java, Arduino, GitHub, Unity3D, SOLIDWORKS, 3D Modeling, 3D Printing, Virtual Reality (VR), Creative Tech
- Led software development and creative tech in Unity3D for a room-scale display of the GRACE-FO mission. Collaborated with designers while working directly with stakeholders to define all requirements and build a custom app and CMS.
- Created a tool in Unity3D to design room-scale mechanical sculptures celebrating JPL's mechanical engineering group. The app enabled users to "sketch" complex mechanical sculptures in VR that combined robotics, algorithmic motion, and architecture.
- Built a 20-foot high data visualization driven by real-time data from NASA's Deep Space Network.
- Developed controlling software in Java and designed the physical piece in Solidworks. Created a separate Java client to control the final installation remotely.
- Designed and engineered functional prototypes for room-scale installations using Arduino, Dynamixel actuators, custom LED displays, and custom 3D-printed parts.
Lead Design Technologist2014 - 2017BCG Digital Ventures
Technologies: iOS, Arduino, GitHub, Xcode, Objective-C, Bluetooth LE, 3D Printing, Objective-C++, Swift, Creative Tech
- Built an iOS app in Objective-C to be used in clinical trials for a health and wellness device. The app was used with a wearable device to record fetal heartbeats. Used a custom REST API with AWS to store patient data and compressed audio.
- Created a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) library for iOS, written in Objective-C for a connected wellness device. The library was consumed in multiple connected iOS apps allowing transmission of heart rate data, motion, and activity data.
- Designed hardware architecture for an intelligent dog collar and a fetal heart rate monitor. Devices integrated multiple MCUs, audio sensors, IMUs, BLE radios, LED displays, and OTA updates. Functional prototypes built with Arduino and custom PCBs.
- Developed a macOS app in Objective-C to run an end-of-line testing machine during factory production of our connected health device. Using a custom fetal simulator, the app performed a final radio and functionality test. AQL's defective rate was below 2%.
- Led internal innovation lab consisting of a small team of hardware, software, and industrial design experts. The lab delivered production software, firmware for connected products, and functional prototypes.
Creative Technologist2013 - 2014Self-employed
Technologies: Unity, Unity3D, Arduino, 3D Modeling, 3D Printing, iOS, Xcode, Creative Tech
- Developed simulation in Unity3D to explore a future in which thousands of UAVs roam the urban air space. This gallery installation ran continuously, showing an ever-changing environment. Viewers could enter the world through a companion iOS app.
- Created a prototype for a mechanical visualization of global earthquake data for CalTech. Built a Java client to consume global earthquake data and communicate with an Arduino-driven sculpture containing over 50 individual actuators.
- Built an Arduino toolkit composed of sensors for GPS, motion, presence, and LED displays for use in design education. The kit was a resource for designers to use pre-built components with code in their projects.