President2000 - PRESENTNase Technology Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: DevOps, Software Development, Software Engineering
- Developed applications on a freelance basis for clients. Focused primarily on the LAMP stack.
- Began to hire developers as the demand became overwhelming. Grew the engineering team to a total of four trusted engineers.
- Maintained the freelance business for over 20 years while also focusing on my W2 career.
Senior Solutions Architect2018 - 2018Nuix
Technologies: Ruby, Elastic, Apache Derby, Apache Lucene, Java, Python
- Closed a deal worth nearly $10 billion TCV on the proof of concept I developed.
- Rearchitected a SaaS platform from a monolithic architecture to a distributed architecture to support on-demand horizontal scaling.
- Gave presentations at industry conferences about the company's new approach to deploying and supporting software within a CI/CD context.
Senior Professional Services Engineer2015 - 2018Puppet
Technologies: Puppet, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps
- Designed and implemented a complete CIS compliant security strategy for Splunk to enforce continuous compliance to CIS benchmarks.
- Architected a global, high availability configuration management infrastructure with strict failure tolerance parameters to serve high-security use cases in the public sector. This project was delivered for IBM Global Business Services.
- Wrote Puppet plugins to facilitate native APIs for EC2 metadata and other AWS-specific parameters.
Senior Lead Software Engineer2013 - 2015Cox Media Group
- Retooled deployment pipelines to support rapid blue and green deployments.
- Led two teams of engineers to deliver a platform redesign.
- Acted as a release manager and liaison to business stakeholders.
Senior Web Developer2011 - 2013Lehigh University
- Developed a mobile-first responsive front end for campus portal application.
- Spearheaded migration project between major versions of the Luminis portal application (v4 to v5).
- Taught extracurricular classes on Python, Ruby, RoR, and Python on Django to a mixed audience of students and staff.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2011Smarter Travel Media, LLC (TripAdvisor)
- Designed and implemented a retooled SEO strategy to increase organic search engine traffic.
- Worked closely with marketing department on strategic initiatives to facilitate organic search optimizations to paid ad campaigns.
- Oversaw object-oriented refactor during the upgrade from PHP 4 to PHP 5. This resulted in a net reduction of production bugs reported in the quarter after completion by 47%.
IT Manager2006 - 2008JD2 Environmental
Technologies: MySQL, Windows Server 2000, PHP, Microsoft Access
- Moved the company from physical paper compliance reports to records in a database with the ability to export to a digital report to print if desired.
- Completed training in field operations of an underground storage tank and pipe inspection. Subsequently, I frequently went into the field to perform inspections and environmental remediation.
- Secured and administered the corporate network and internal applications.