- ConsultantTimeDoctor, LLC2016 - 2016
Technologies: Node.js, PostgreSQL, Slack API, React, Redux
- Performed code reviews and provided feedback to the client during the hiring phase for a special project.
- Provided advice on the schema for a Postgres database.
- Provided advice on architecture for recovering from crashes and restarts.
- Implemented a front-end in React and Redux with Mocha tests.
- Wrote a script to load-test the application with 100K users.
- DeveloperWhoYou2016 - 2016
Technologies: Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, GRPC, Protocol Buffers, React, Redux, Flow
- Created an RPC back-end with Go and GRPC.
- Created the front-end with React and Redux.
- Developed a high-uptime solution with continuous deployment to Kubernetes.
- Designed a third-party authentication system with JSON web tokens.
- Verified implementation with unit and integration tests in Go and Mocha.
- Back-end DeveloperPeppermint2015 - 2016
Technologies: AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud messaging, DynamoDB, Node.js, ElasticBeanstalk, Swagger
- Created a RESTful back-end for mobile and web clients.
- Created AWS Lambda functions for each method on a resource.
- Developed API schema with Swagger used for both documentation and deployment to AWS API Gateway.
- Implemented push notifications to Android and iOS devices with Google Cloud Messaging.
- Verified implementation with unit and integration tests.
- Designed the back-end to scale without a server or database bottlenecks by using AWS Lambda and DynamoDB with logic to handle eventual consistency in the application layer.
- Web DeveloperTacBoard2015 - 2015
Technologies: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Hapi.js, React.js, Paper.js, Handlebars, Elastic Beanstalk, FanOut
- Created a RESTful API with Hapi.js, consumed by multiple clients.
- Created an Ajax-driven web app with React.js and Paper.js to manage user-created art on a canvas.
- Created a schema for a PostgreSQL database extended with PostGIS to manage conflicts between user postings on a two-dimensional plane.
- Integrated FanOut to provide real-time features to multiple viewers of the same boards.
- Designed and implemented an image processing component with AWS Lambda to manage user uploads.
- Web Developer2ndLine.tv, LLC2013 - 2014
Technologies: Meteor.js, MongoDB, Underscore.js, Node.js, Golang, Heroku, AWS
- Created, tested, and deployed an original application during my first week.
- Implemented scripted cross-platform browser testing with Selenium and Mocha.
- Created a ticketing system with Braintree and PayPal integrations.
- Created a pseudo-live streaming video player with Brightcove integration.
- Implemented a pipeline for uploading very large, resumable video files directly from the browser to AWS to Brightcove.
- Web DeveloperMillwork2013 - 2013
Technologies: Node.js, Socket.io, MongoDB
- Created an API for searching for domain names from multiple third parties.
- Implemented a Web Sockets solution for pushing responses to the client as soon as available.
- Inherited a broken project, identified existing problematic design decisions, and completed the project.
- Verified a solution with acceptance tests in Mocha.
- Advised a front-end developer on API integration.
- Web DeveloperTeam Cora, Inc.2012 - 2013
Technologies: Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, Backbone.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Ported a Grails app to Express.
- Improved response times with Redis caching.
- Created a testable user interface with AngularJS and Karma.
- Implemented a testable API with Node and Mocha.
- Cut the number of database queries per HTTP request from more than ten to zero or one.
- Assistant Manager (Research)FactSet Research Systems, Inc.2006 - 2010
- Managed content collection teams for FactSet's global fundamentals database.
- Performed QA on team content changes.
- Analyzed database consistency with SQL.
- Taught seminars to improve accuracy and enforce database policies.
- Merged third-party content sets with FactSet's proprietary database.