Webmaster | App Developer2001 - PRESENTFreelance Work
- Developed an app for an automatic, template-based website and printed materials creation.
- Consulted on an API design for a worldwide medical assistance organization.
- Developed websites for a local playground designer and for a local preschool.
- Advised a local ad agency on UX improvements for their client's sites.
- Used PHP-based CMSs such as WordPress, Joomla, and CMSMadeSimple including custom templates.
Front-end Architect2017 - 2018InfoArmor
- Led a team of five in a complete remake of InfoArmor's Identity Theft Prevention platform.
- Architected the front-end for a new log-in and authentication system.
- Developed work-flow charts and diagrams to ensure compliance with client deadlines.
- Provided methodologies for object-oriented software development and efficient database design.
Senior React Consultant2017 - 2017ADP
- Architected a drag-n-drop, WYSIWYG desktop application for creating page layouts which compiled into a JSON specification.
UI/UX Developer (Contract)2016 - 2017Remine
- Completed front-end development on version 1.0 of real estate analytics app.
- Handled and was responsible for implementing interface design requirements from Photoshop mock-ups.
- Provided UX consultation and advised senior staff on best-fit languages and app structure.
- Worked with Google Maps API.
- Transitioned the code base from standard CSS to SCSS.
UI/UX Developer (Contract)2016 - 2016Rezli
- Handled and was responsible for the development and strategy of the front-end for rezli.com.
- Worked 100% remotely using Slack and Zoom.us.
- Created multiple views using HTML/Slim Templates and CSS/SCSS.
- Integrated (and in some cases de-integrated) functionalities using React.
- Did some back-end work in Ruby on Rails as well.
UI Engineer2015 - 2016CodeScience
- Created a SPA for administrative interfaces.
- Recreated an Excel-like interface for tabular insurance data.
- Created a community blog platform for use by sales people inside SalesForce's HQ.
- Worked individually and with a team.
Front-end Engineer2015 - 2015OrthoBanc
- Created a database administration GUI using Ember.
- Created a landing page/marketing mini-site for a new product line.
- Provided support in the Node back-end; architecting their API.
- Taught myself Ember from scratch while on the job.
- Worked as part of a five-person Scrum team.
Senior Technical Consultant | Lead Developer2009 - 2015Firma 8
- Created an e-learning system for an accredited university.
- Helped to create a live-streaming video platform.
- Developed a translation plugin for Adobe InDesign.
- Converted a legacy website into a responsive, mobile-friendly design.
- Created real-time website and document translation engines using Rails and Sinatra.
- Led a team of three in creating a real-time, translating chat system for call centers.
- Consulted with outside clients to create solutions for their needs.
- Oversaw teams of two-to-five other developers.
- Produced product demo videos including screencasts, copywriting, and video editing.