Software Engineer2019 - 2020Megaphone, LLC
Technologies: React, CSS, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Docker, PostgreSQL, Redis, Google Cloud Platform
- Delivered performance and UX improvements to customer-facing UI.
- Refactored legacy Rails-views and jQuery logic into React components.
- Implemented state-of-the-art testing practices.
- Upgraded numerous outdated dependencies, including React from 15.6 to 16.8.
- Delivered a highly parallelized, dockerized, Elixir application for forecasting orders.
- Rewrote a legacy Ruby component as a new Phoenix microservice.
- Tracked down and resolved bugs in an existing Ruby on Rails application.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Aspiration Partners, LLC
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Node.js, Java, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Vault, GraphQL
- Designed and delivered an SOA system for financial account opening and management.
- Implemented a solution for the processing and storage of PII and other sensitive data.
- Increased account security by building a 2FA solution.
- Mitigated the amount of fraud by setting up a system for identity verification.
- Built a mechanism for migrating users from one banking partner to another.
- Optimized the performance via algorithms and query tuning; in one case, reducing the job execution time from eight hours to under one second.
- Proactively identified and communicated risks to management; created plans to mitigate risk in each of the projects.
- Managed the application deployment and post-deployment verification.
- Delivered improvements to the internal admin portal built on React and Node.js.
- Implemented a system for ingesting files from a banking partner using Python.
Tech Lead2014 - 2016The Honest Company, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Optimizely, MongoDB, CoffeeScript
- Increased the customer conversion rate by 10% by optimizing the performance and UX of a web-based checkout flow.
- Enhanced an order management system with the capability to fulfill an order from multiple distribution centers.
- Built and A/B tested experimental features on top of an existing platform.
- Managed a cross-functional team of eight developers.
- Ensured the application performance by monitoring the system and delivering optimization patches.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Fiksu, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Highcharts, MySQL
- Developed a customer-facing web portal for the management of advertising campaigns.
- Crafted APIs and interactive data visualizations.
- Designed and delivered rapid prototypes of web GUIs.
- Expanded the functionality and improved the performance of administrative tools.
- Wrote and executed database migrations.
- Improved API performance via database query tuning.
- Integrated a web portal with Stripe.