Software Engineer2020 - 2020Raven Black
- Produced a unique animation for determining whether an airborne object is an aircraft.
- Delivered dynamic and static visualizations of weather data.
- Improved the performance and clarity of existing code.
- Massaged weather and aircraft track data, making it suitable for visualization.
- Prototyped experimental data visualizations.
Software Engineer2019 - 2020Megaphone, LLC
Technologies: React, CSS, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Docker, PostgreSQL, Redis, Google Cloud Platform
- Delivered performance and UX improvements to a customer-facing dashboard.
- Moved large chunks of a legacy multi-page application into the single-page application paradigm.
- Implemented state-of-the-art testing practices.
- Delivered a highly parallelized and dockerized application for forecasting orders.
- Rewrote a slow legacy component as a new, and optimized, microservice.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Aspiration Partners, LLC
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Node.js, Python, Java, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Vault, GraphQL
- Designed and delivered an SOA system for financial account opening and management.
- Implemented a solution for processing and storage of PII and other sensitive data.
- Built a mechanism for migrating users from one banking partner to another.
- Optimized the performance via algorithm and query tuning; in one case, reducing the job execution time from eight hours to under one second.
- Delivered improvements to the internal admin portal.
- Implemented a system for ingesting files from a banking partner.
- Managed the application deployment and post-deployment verification.
Tech Lead2014 - 2016The Honest Company, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Optimizely, MongoDB, CoffeeScript
- Increased the customer conversion rate by 10% by optimizing the performance and UX of a web-based checkout flow.
- Enhanced an order management system with the capability to fulfill an order from multiple distribution centers.
- Built and A/B tested experimental features on top of an existing platform.
- Managed a cross-functional team of eight developers.
- Ensured the application performance by monitoring the system and delivering optimization patches.
- Delivered UI and UX improvements to both customer-and admin-facing web applications.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Fiksu, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Highcharts, MySQL
- Developed a customer-facing web portal for the management of advertising campaigns.
- Crafted APIs and interactive data visualizations.
- Designed and delivered rapid prototypes of web GUIs.
- Expanded the functionality and improved the performance of administrative tools.
- Wrote and executed database migrations.
- Improved API performance via database query tuning.
- Integrated a web portal with Stripe.