Software Engineer2014 - 2016HealthJoy
Technologies: AngularJS, RQ, Flask, Python
- Gained knowledge of the American health insurance system.
- Contributed to the composition of up to 70% of the project's test coverage.
- Tried several XMPP solutions and created a high-load solution with ejabberd.
- Wrote a Cron-like daemon for RQ.
- Collaborated with team members in an Agile/Scrum environment, which increased productivity.
- Improved ability to communicate with clients in English.
- Created docker-based development environment, which allows new and current developers quickly setup required project infrastructure.
Entepreneur2010 - 2014Visamap
Technologies: GeoDjango, Python
- Created a custom world map using MapServer.
- Created a number of fetchers from different sources.
CTO2013 - 2013Skiliks
- Converted a prototype with write-only code to a production-ready project, including working architecture and unit-tests (PHPUnit and Buster.JS)
- Switched development to a Scrum-like process.
- Founded a team of qualified software/QA engineers in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Replaced buggy code (built over two month of development) with a remote API of existing services.
- Refactored and rewrote numerous project parts.
- Covered code with JS/PHPUnit tests (over 180 tests created).
- Administrated development/production servers.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Mybook
Technologies: Jinja, Celery, Django, Python
- Chose the programming language and technology package for the company (Python/Django 1.4/Celery).
- Created a CI environment with 1100 passing tests (tests were mostly for used applications)
- Used a variety of public modules instead of writing redundant code, patching them if needed.
- Created a large project with an efficient, clean code structure.
- Created numerous bugreports in Django bugtracker with patches.
- Developed a public API with Django Tastypie.
- Improved Django Coffin so that it worked as a transparent template loader.
Software Engineer2011 - 2011Kinohod
Technologies: jQuery Mobile, Catalyst, Perl
- Refactored a complex body of code, making it more supportable.
- Created a cell phone website version of the code using jQuery Mobile.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Rambler-Afisha Internet Holding
Technologies: PHP, PL/pgSQL, Node.js, C++, Catalyst, Perl
- Developed highly-scalable internet applications
- Optimized a database for high load processing.
- Refactored a service handling over 10 million requests per day.
- Improved the libpurple library to support a large number of accounts.
- Improved the speed and code quality of existing code.
Software Engineer2007 - 2009Privatbank
Technologies: C#, Lua, Perl
- Created a peer-to-peer money transfer application.
- Developed a service to take 25 web site screenshots per second.
- Created a sandbox for using compilers with online IDEs.
- Used a partial MySQL master-master replication to create two interfaces: one was public with public data and one was private in a bank network with private data.
- Created a complex administrator panel for payment transaction monitoring.