QA Automation Lead and Developer
Andrzej is an IT professional with 19 years of experience, specializing in QA automation for 13 years. He has built extensive test automation frameworks, tests, and pipelines from scratch. After starting his career at Capgemini (including an engagement with BP) and Ericsson, Andrzej zeroed in on QA automation as a software quality analyst, engineer, lead, manager, and contractor. He has also solo-developed software that was used by interesting organizations, including a top-5 US patent owner.
ExperienceTesting - 13 yearsQA Automation - 13 yearsQA Leadership - 8 yearsApache JMeter - 7 yearsSelenium - 7 yearsTestCafe - 4 yearsNode.js - 4 yearsGitHub Actions - 3 years
MacOS, Node.js, TestCafe
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was applying ten years of coding knowledge to develop a new cloud service from scratch and expand the customer base.
Software QA Lead
- Built an extensive test automation framework from scratch.
- Assisted in finding and fixing several issues in the project as an early adopter of TestCafe.
- Created a custom visual regression test framework.
- Developed UseTFS, a Jira to Microsoft TFS interface plugin.
- Conducted presentations with many potential customers.
- Kept track of breaking changes in new Jira and TFS releases to ensure product compatibility.
QA Automation Contractor
- Created E2E test automation tests and CI pipelines.
- Raised the automation level from zero to 64% coverage (320 of 503 manual scenarios).
- Created a custom Cypress reporter for PractiTest integration.
- Developed a set of functional tests using TestCafe.
- Developed a set of API tests using the Karate framework.
- Completed the test automation task in two days, which the team had estimated would take two weeks.
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Conducted penetration testing and vulnerability assessments (black and white box).
- Implemented performance testing and tuning, including kernel settings, application configuration, and development.
- Developed a database anonymization tool with a heuristic approach to identify and replace sensitive data stored in a denormalized schema with corresponding fake entries while keeping the timekeeping data (mostly) consistent.
Development Operations Architect
- Defined infrastructure and software architecture for multiple clients.
- Researched and implemented proof of concept solutions.
- Participated in technical meetings with customers to define new products and services.
Software Quality Manager
- Built the entire QA department from scratch, putting in place processes and tools and recruiting QA team members.
- Assured quality during a nearly two-year transition of a legacy product into a new cloud-based, multitenant solution while still providing fixes to existing customers that stayed on the old product.
- Set up the entire CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Azure (early adoption), and custom tools.
Software Quality Engineer | Analyst
- Built automated functional, performance, and load tests.
- Developed an automated email visual regression test framework.
- Participated in the development of an international XML standard to connect rail operating companies worldwide.
Event Control Engineer
British Petroleum (Capgemini Client)
- Managed alerts for critical components and applications in BP's global IT infrastructure: analyzed the potential impact of failures on IT and the business and provided data for incident and problem management.
- Developed (as a personal initiative) an internal system to replace the Remedy Action Request System.
- Worked on-site for three months at BP's London European mega data center.
System and Network Test Engineer
- Tested GSM hardware and software for radio base stations, base station. controllers, mobile switching centers, and intelligent networks.
- Prepared test documentation and test cases and executed tests.
- Traced bugs and prepared bug fixes in PLEX-C and ASA languages.
Service Support Analyst
- Handled IT-related calls as a first-line of support for TXU Texas Utilities, a Capgemini client.
- Developed (as a personal initiative) simple tools for everyday use to improve the quality of services.
- Found several major security issues within a client’s intranet and DMZ.
Integration Between TFS and Jira
TestCafe, Cypress, Selenium, Express.js, .NET, Codeception, NHibernate, NUnit, Windows PowerShell, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), WIF
WebDriver, Node.js, TFS API, Jira REST API, Doctrine 2, React, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Chai, FFmpeg, ImageMagick, JDBC, Moment.js, Passport.js, Protobuf, Puppeteer, SendGrid API, Doctrine, Visual Studio SDK, REST APIs
Apache JMeter, Jenkins, TFS, Git, cURL Command Line Tool, SonarQube, NGINX, CircleCI, Jira, Karate API Testing, REST Assured, Cucumber, NuGet, NPM, ADFS, Confluence, TestRail, FitNesse, ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, SunOS, SoapUI, Parasoft SOAtest, Mercurial, Subversion (SVN), Adobe Flash, Apache Tomcat, AWS CLI, Babel, Bitbucket, ELK (Elastic Stack), Lotus Notes, Makefile, Mocha, SendGrid, Sentry, MS Silverlight, SourceTree, Vagrant, VSS, Wireshark, Postman, GitLab
Testing, Agile, REST, Load Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps, Management, Scrum, Kanban, Test Automation, Manual Testing, E2E Testing, Automated Testing
Percy, QA Automation, QA Leadership, Software QA, QA Testing, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Plugins, A/B Testing, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Security, Debugging, QA Test Plan Management, Leadership, Shell Scripting, Technical Leadership, Scraping, Web Scraping, IT Service Management (ITSM), Storybook, Symphony, Remedy AR System, Remote Desktop, ASA 210, PLEX-C, ISO 9001, TIBCO, EDI, ESLint, Groovy Scripting, IIS, LDAP, Scrumban, SSH, Velocify, PDF Scraping, Applitools, Inno Setup, Test Automation Frameworks, Regression Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), TFS Work Items, TFS Customization, Jira Administrator, Jira Administration, TFS Administration, Sales, IT Support, Remote Support, Manual QA, Manual Software Testing, UI Testing, GUI Testing, UX Testing, API Testing, Automated UI Testing, Automated Deployment Scripts, HTTP REST, Defect Logging, Defect Management, DOM, Scripting, Test Scripting, Scripting Languages
Docker, New Relic, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, TestLink, Windows, Unix, Oracle, LAMP, Linux, Mailgun, Telerik, MacOS
JSON, Google Cloud, MySQL, SQL Server 2012, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Datadog, IBM Db2, PostgreSQL, Redis
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management