Staff Software Engineer2020 - 2021One Concern, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Streaming, Datadog, Go, React, PostgreSQL, PyCharm, Software Engineering, Databases, GraphQL, Distributed Systems, Microservices, Machine Learning, Streaming Data, MacOS, Slack, Git, Simulations, Data Processing, RESTful APIs, Deployment, Team Mentoring, Mentorship, Mentorship & Coaching, Training, Recruiting, SQL, Cloud Computing, APIs, CircleCI, Helm, Argo CD, Argo Workflow, Forecasting, Optimization, Linux, Bash, SQLAlchemy, Microservices Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Jira, Agile
- Led the back-end software team to develop and scale forecasting products for disaster relief, focusing on flood forecasting for Japanese and American markets.
- Refactored and rearchitected the flood forecasting platform to increase reliability and scalability, resulting in a significantly more resilient platform.
- Mentored and trained the engineering team while adding processes and procedures to help them continuously deliver high-quality products.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2020Tesla
Technologies: Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Machine Learning, Splunk, Django, React, PostgreSQL, Go, Scala, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, MATLAB, Neural Networks, Forecasting, Optimization, Simulations, Software Engineering, Databases, Flask, Distributed Systems, Streaming, MacOS, PyCharm, Slack, Git, Jira, Data Processing, Microservices, RESTful APIs, Deployment, Mentorship, SQL, Cloud Computing, HTML, APIs, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Django CMS, Linux, Bash, SQLAlchemy, CI/CD Pipelines, Agile
- Launched eight applications for energy product analysis and trading that brought in $30 million+ in annual revenue. Managed the development and analytics of APIs, algorithms, and data stores.
- Led the development and operations of the 135-megawatt Hornsdale battery project in Australia and several other battery projects in the United States.
- Performed economic analytics of the Tesla supercharger network based on energy usage patterns and rates.
- Led technical execution and analysis of results for pilots and research projects on the use of solar energy as distributed energy resources in Hawaii and California. This work was in cooperation with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- Developed the trading platform for bidding batteries into the power grid markets in the United States and Australia.