Technical Lead2021 - 2021Anthem AI (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Python, OAuth, Healthcare
- Led a team of developers in the design and development of a provider-focused healthcare dashboard written in React.
- Led the team in a scrum-based project management workflow, including daily standups, sprint kickoffs, and backlog grooming sessions.
- Managed communication with project management and product owners on priorities and deadlines.
Senior Solutions Architect2018 - 2020Computer Enterprises, Inc.
Technologies: Azure Cosmos DB, Linux, Java, Git, Azure, Data Visualization, Robotics, Angular, Python
- Designed and developed a data visualization platform for a robotic retail inventory system using Python and Angular.
- Led a team of developers and designers on best practices, design, and architecture.
- Designed and developed highly scalable Java web services processing tens of thousands of transactions per second in Azure.
- Interfaced with complex machine learning models to process images of retail store shelves using Python and Java.
- Designed and developed cost-effective and performant cloud solutions by pre-generating static content to be displayed in Angular visualizations.
Senior Solutions Architect2017 - 2018Blackboard (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Apple Pay, Azure
- Helped design and develop Blackboard's Apple Pay integration for college stored value cards, allowing students to pay by phone using their university stored value account.
- Designed and developed scalable microservices using C#, ASP.NET, and Azure.
- Designed and developed complex encryption schemes to ensure the security of student accounts.
Co-founder, Software Engineer2014 - 2018Tagalong Tour
Technologies: Azure, ASP.NET Web API, C#, Objective-C, iOS
- Won first place at Startup Weekend Pittsburgh in March 2014.
- Built a native iOS self-guided walking tour app in Objective-C.
- Built ASP.NET WebAPI back end running on Azure that provides data to the iOS application.
- Built scalable analytics tracking and a dashboard based on Keen IO.
Co-founder, Software Engineer2013 - 2018giftbug.co
Technologies: Heroku, PostgreSQL, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Assisted in the design and user experience of the application.
- Architected a scalable web application built on Ruby on Rails, Postgres, and Heroku.
- Made strategic decisions on the direction of the company.
Co-owner, Software Engineer2013 - 2018Two-Eyed Designs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, WordPress, C#, ASP.NET
- Provided top-notch consulting, development, and web design services to the client.
- Led a team of developers on a year-long rewrite of multiple large web applications for physical therapist licensing.
- Designed and developed a new WordPress website for the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall.
- Wrote an item scheduling system for ATI Metals to track items through their new hot-rolling plant.
Senior Solutions Architect2014 - 2016Sittercity (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Go, AWS
- Developed back-end microservices in Ruby and Go to serve front-end iOS clients for new on-demand childcare services.
- Interfaced with multiple messaging platforms, including Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Analyzed the performance of back-end Go services and provided six times performance improvement by designing better algorithms.
Senior Solutions Architect (Consultant)2014 - 2014ATI Metals
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET
- Developed an app to replace legacy excel spreadsheets to manage steel inventory, production, and shipping.
- Built a scalable ASP.NET solution on Azure accessible to 50+ users.
- Successfully translated client's needs into more than they knew they wanted.
Senior Solutions Architect (Consultant)2013 - 2014FSBPT
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Azure
- Led a team of developers in greenfield rewrite of legacy physical therapy licensing tools used by all 50 states in the US.
- Designed innovative data import tools to allow users to quickly and easily import 50 disparate data sets into the central system.
- Oversaw the transition to cloud-based infrastructure from on-prem data centers.
Director of Software Engineering2013 - 2013CTR Systems
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET
- Owned the long-term direction of the product as part of my role.
- Managed the client projects, often on-site at client facilities.
- Managed a large software engineering department consisting of engineers, business analysts, and testing.
Software Development Manager2008 - 2013CTR Systems
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET
- Managed a team of twelve software engineers, QA engineers, and business analysts.
- Led the design and development of an airport commercial vehicle tracking and revenue system.
- Managed the PA-DSS compliance process throughout the company.
- Learned and applied Scrum methodology across the company to improve engineering quality and communication.
- Developed a new parking cashier point of sale system.
Software Engineer2004 - 2008CTR Systems
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C++, C#, ASP.NET
- Developed a new ASP.NET web application for a parking garage management system.
- Developed a building access control system.
- Led the effort to establish standard development guidelines for the team.
- Led the initiative to use development best practices such as source control and bug tracking systems.
- Developed custom time management applications in C++/MFC.
Programmer Analyst1998 - 2002AIG
Technologies: Oracle, Sybase, Classic ASP, COBOL, C++, Visual Basic
- Worked on a data warehousing project to store and analyze large amounts of mainframe data using Oracle.
- Developed a high-speed document scanning system to provide customers web access to their paperwork.
- Developed a workflow management system to increase the speed of communication and reduce errors among customer support personnel.
- Developed custom call center support software.
- Ported applications from mainframe COBOL to Visual Basic.