C Developer in Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Co-founder, Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTTagalong Tour
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, C#, ASP.NET WebAPI, Azure
- Won first place at Startup Weekend Pittsburgh in March 2014.
- Built a native iOS self-guided walking tour app in Objective-C.
- Built ASP.NET WebAPI back-end running on Azure that provides data to the iOS application.
- Built scalable analytics tracking and a dashboard based on Keen IO.
Co-founder, Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTgiftbug.co
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Heroku
- Assisted in design and user experience of the application.
- Architected a scalable web application built on Ruby on Rails, Postgres, and Heroku.
- Made strategic decisions on the direction of company.
Co-owner, Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTTwo-Eyed Designs
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, WordPress, Ruby on Rails
- Provided top-notch consulting, development, and web design services to the client.
- Led a team of developers on a year-long rewrite of multiple large web applications for physical therapist licensing.
- Designed and developed a new WordPress website for the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall.
- Wrote an item scheduling system for ATI Metals to track items through their new hot-rolling plant.
Director of Software Engineering2013 - 2013CTR Systems
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server
- Was responsible for the long-term direction of the product.
- Managed client projects, often on-site.
Software Development Manager2008 - 2013CTR Systems
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server
- Managed a team of twelve software engineers, QA engineers, and business analysts.
- Led the design and development of an airport commercial vehicle tracking and revenue system.
- Managed the PA-DSS compliance process throughout the company.
- Learned and applied Scrum methodology across the company to improve engineering quality and communication.
- Developed a new parking cashier POS system.
Software Engineer2004 - 2008CTR Systems
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, C++, SQL Server
- Developed a new ASP.NET web application for a parking garage management system.
- Developed a building access control system.
- Led the effort to establish standard development guidelines for the team.
- Led the initiative to use development best practices such as source control and bug tracking systems.
- Developed custom time management applications in C++/MFC.
Programmer Analyst1998 - 2002AIG
Technologies: Visual Basic, C++, COBOL, Classic ASP, Sybase, Oracle
- Worked on a data warehousing project to store and analyze large amounts of mainframe data using Oracle.
- Developed a high-speed document scanning system to provide customers web access to their paperwork.
- Developed a workflow management system to increase the speed of communication and reduce errors among customer support personnel.
- Developed custom call center support software.
- Ported applications from mainframe COBOL to Visual Basic.
- Winner of Startup Weekend Pittsburgh, March 2014 (Other amazing things)http://tagalongtour.com/
A team of nine developers, designers, and marketing experts came together for over 54 hours to build a mobile app that offers self-guided walking tours around Pittsburgh. Since then, they've formed a company around the idea and are now in the App Store.
I developed the main tour list screen and API communication layer of the iOS application, as well as the analytics tracking and dashboard.
- giftbug.co (Development)http://giftbug.co/
In 2013, my wife, Shannon, and I quit our jobs to create giftbug, a startup built around the idea that giving gifts should be fun and simple.
I built the application on Ruby on Rails, Postgres and Heroku.
FrameworksASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Kendo UI, ASP.NET, Sinatra, ZURB Foundation, Ember.js
ToolsMicrosoft Visual Studio, TFS, GitHub, Git, Vim Text Editor, Xcode, Subversion (SVN)
PlatformsiOS, Linux, Unix, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rackspace Cloud, Rackspace, Oracle, WordPress
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Course completion degree in Computer Science1998 - 2000University of Houston - Houston, TX
- Course completion degree in Computer Science1996 - 1997Allegheny College - Meadville, PA