Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2021AppLovin
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, CMake, Python, Lua, Unity3D, C#
- Developed a Qt 5 3D asset management tool for designers and artists to manage game content for our legacy game engine—this tool profoundly impacted productivity. Hired multiple team members for this project and led the team.
- Hired and mentored a small tools development team.
- Planned and executed a complex asset deprecation process for existing game projects to accelerate the games and increase user experience.
- Developed workshops for artists about how to effectively use the tools we were creating in the tools team.
- Contributed to the research and development team researching efficient 3D game map solutions using Unity on mobile devices utilizing Unity's DOTs system and multithreading.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2019Machine Zone
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, CMake
- Developed and planned a new 3D mobile game engine from scratch with a research team using C++, OpenGL, and Metal.
- Developed a new high-performance mobile UI engine from scratch in C++ using OpenGL.
- Helped the game teams deprecate some old asset types in the games.
- Transitioned the entire developer team with two other colleagues and used CMake to increase efficiency.
Game Developer2014 - 2015Ubisoft
Technologies: Java, NoSQL
- Developed the entire server logic for Assassin's Creed Identity.
- Set up high-performance client-server communication using Protobuf.
- Implemented a random map generator for the game to provide virtually unlimited game content for users.
- Developed a testing tool for our quality assurance (QA) that cut testing time by at least 30%.
Lead Game Developer2012 - 2014FISHLABS Entertainment GmbH
Technologies: Java, MySQL, Hibernate, SQL
- Developed the majority of the back end for the game "Galaxy on Fire: Alliances".
- Performed a lot of MySQL query optimization to increase execution speed in some cases by 95%.
- Transitioned the back end from PostgreSQL to MySQL, which increased the speed of the back end by three times.
- Implemented the solar system map generator for the game using a Voronoi diagram.