Verified Expert in Engineering
Andy is a professional developer with over ten years of experience. He has taken on many different responsibilities during his career ranging from back-end development to front-end development. He has also had experience with DevOps. While most of Andy's expertise is in game development, he can also work in many other fields like tools development, finance, mobile development, and more.
MacOS, Slack, Git, Xcode, WebStorm, C++, Node.js, Unity3D
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was for the game Assassin's Creed Identity, a mobile version of Assassin's Creed developed with Unity.
Core Loop Inc.
- Developed a full game back-end service in Node.js using Express.
- Implemented a job service for delayed jobs using BullMQ.
- Implemented a high-efficiency Redis Streams-based communication channel for communicating from a real-time game server back to the job queue service.
- Created a complete iOS and Android app from scratch, all the way to the stores. The app is currently not listed anymore.
- Created a job server system based on AMQP protocol.
- Created a complete rest server in Node.js using Express.
- Integrated many 3rd party APIs like Yahoo Finance, Robinhood, TD Ameritrade, E-Trade, Plaid, IEX Cloud, Alpha Vantage, Edgar, and more to fetch data for the application.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a Qt 5 3D asset management tool for designers and artists to manage game content for our legacy game engine—this tool profoundly impacted productivity. Hired multiple team members for this project and led the team.
- Hired and mentored a small tools development team.
- Planned and executed a complex asset deprecation process for existing game projects to accelerate the games and increase user experience.
- Developed workshops for artists about how to effectively use the tools we were creating in the tools team.
- Contributed to the research and development team researching efficient 3D game map solutions using Unity on mobile devices utilizing Unity's DOTs system and multithreading.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and planned a new 3D mobile game engine from scratch with a research team using C++, OpenGL, and Metal.
- Developed a new high-performance mobile UI engine from scratch in C++ using OpenGL.
- Helped the game teams deprecate some old asset types in the games.
- Transitioned the entire developer team with two other colleagues and used CMake to increase efficiency.
- Developed the entire server logic for Assassin's Creed Identity.
- Set up high-performance client-server communication using Protobuf.
- Implemented a random map generator for the game to provide virtually unlimited game content for users.
- Developed a testing tool for our quality assurance (QA) that cut testing time by at least 30%.
Lead Game Developer
FISHLABS Entertainment GmbH
- Developed the majority of the back end for the game "Galaxy on Fire: Alliances".
- Performed a lot of MySQL query optimization to increase execution speed in some cases by 95%.
- Transitioned the back end from PostgreSQL to MySQL, which increased the speed of the back end by three times.
- Implemented the solar system map generator for the game using a Voronoi diagram.
StockFit: Long Term Investment, Simplified
The back end is written in Node.js and uses an express server and a WebSockets server. It is fully hosted in AWS.
Assassin's Creed Identityhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ_obTv5Vk&ab_channel=Ubisoft
My responsibilities were developing the database structure and implementing the entire client-server communication system. I also created multiple smaller tools that increased development and testing efficiency.
Jade: Game Asset Creation Tool for Artists
I also hired and mentored multiple team members for this project.
Qt 5, Unity3D, React Native, Hibernate, Unity
OpenGL, Node.js, Sockets, Plaid API, React Redux, React, AMQP, Slack API, Facebook API
Git, Xcode, Expo, CMake, AWS CloudFormation, WebStorm, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Auth0, Amazon EKS, Sentry
MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
MongoDB, MySQL, Redis Cache, NoSQL, Redis
Computer Graphics, APIs, IEX Cloud API, Games
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Bauhaus University Weimar - Weimar, Germany