Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Consultant2009 - 2020SCI MarketView
- Responsible for architecting and building relational and multi-dimensional hybrid data warehouse framework and environment, databases, tables, views, cubes, reports, ETL packages, jobs, scheduling, file exchanging, batch processing, and more.
- Modeled successful data warehouse and data marts for business intelligence and reporting.
- Built highly efficient and scalable ETL solutions using SSIS and SQL for moving data from OLTP databases to a data warehouse.
- Created online and distributed reports using SSRS and T-SQL.
- Developed an innovative Windows service program to distribute reports on schedule or ad hoc to receive and send batch files through SFTP.
- Created multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS for business intelligence.
- Built web applications using ASP.NET MVC business for the dashboard, operation tasks, and online reports.
- Writing T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions and SSIS packages with performance always in mind to handle big data including structured and semi-structured data such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Migrated data from in-house and third party system to a new third party system for a vehicle leasing system.
Software Consultant2007 - 2009RBC Financial Group
- Developed a client source management system for the RBC Wealth Management Group.
- Programmed major projects for adding new client types—upgrading AML (anti-money laundering) rules, updating KYC (Know-Your-Client) rules, and more.
- Fixed glitches in the bulk trading tool and commission calculator applications.
- Troubleshot and investigated production issues.
- Provided solutions and support for data cleansing.
Software Consultant2006 - 2007SCI MarketView
Technologies: ASP.NET, C#.NET, Agile Software Development, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, C#
- Developed modules for the initial loading of a lot of sales history data into the OLTP databases; daily, weekly, or monthly jobs to load ongoing large amount of sales history data, campaign programs, prospect data, and more into the OLTP databases.
- Developed a leads import module for importing real-time leads and processing batch files.
- Built Windows services for scheduling, prioritizing, and processing real-time leads and files.
- Developed business intelligence reports using SQL Reporting Services.
- Created SQL Server Integration Services packages to synchronize data across databases/servers.
Software Developer2003 - 2006RBC Financial Group
- Worked closely with stakeholders such as portfolio managers, regulators, compliance, business analyst, system analyst, and upstream and downstream IT teams to resolve application issues and get ideas, gather requirements, and further to create programs or reports users desire.
- Developed daily loading, transmission, and reconciliation of client positions and market data from the custodian systems, trading systems, and other systems.
- Built a web-based investment model communications application for RBC Global Private Banking.
- Developed a web-based equity transaction summary application for a compliance group.
- Wrote web-based reports for the back office.
- Enhanced existing and created new applications for electronic tax filing.
- Converted all the existing applications that were written in MS-Access and Excel/VBA to web and Windows services applications and jobs—significantly increased efficiency and reduced cost and risks.
- Built a .NET application development framework, library, and architecture.
- Coded complex SQL scripts and stored procedures to handle a large amount data.
Software Developer | Team Lead1998 - 2003Hi-Think Computer Technology Co., Ltd.
Technologies: Mainframe, COBOL, Oracle, SQL, VB
- Led a small team of ten out of 40 team players to convert existing client server financial applications to web-based applications.
- Coded complex SQL scripts and procedures for an Oracle database.
- Managed ten team players to develop a human resources information management system.
- Led four team players to develop financial applications.
- Developed a 3-tier architecture health care applications as part of a team.