IT Senior Support Analyst2002 - PRESENTDHL Supply Chain
Technologies: Windows Server, SQL Server, C#, MS Access, MS Excel (VBA), Power BI, QlikView
- Created a transport system to synchronize demand from an external database in Oracle that mainly contains suppliers, plants, parts, demand, and packaging and calculates the forecast volumes per route. The information is transformed in SQL Server stored procedures and the front-end is MS Access and the final output is entered to the program that designs the transport routes.
- Built an assumptions system to guess the most suitable packaging that may be assigned to a part in the cases that it still has not been entered in the system. It has about 15 different rules and gives traceability to the operator to understand which rule has been applied.
- Constructed a strategic system to show the real demand (in trailer linear meters) ordered for the next days per route in order to request the number of trailers to be ordered in the following days.
- Developed several EDI programs to read demand or arrivals and upload the information in the servers to have visibility of the forecast and the actual demand.
- Optimized several SQL Server databases to analyze the main reason and make the corresponding changes in the indexes in some cases, sometimes creating the processes to archive or remove obsolete information and sometimes supporting the developers to follow best practices to reduce the workload in the servers. One recent achievement was for a C# program that took almost 20 minutes to open, after the migration of the code to a stored procedure to do all hard work it took only 15 seconds.
- Created the main program that stores the information about KPIs that is exported to QlikView to obtain the final reports. Also supported the team that developed the QlikView dashboards with best practices, especially when linking with the database server.
- Designed and developed an ETL tool in C# to move data across databases to create a data warehouse that several advanced users can query to extract the relevant information.
- Built an automatic archiving system for the EDI files in order to keep a ZIP copy in a tidy manner so that the system archives them following clear criteria (YYYY-MM-DD-FileName) so that every file can be easily found. Additionally, the system removes the temporary or obsolete files.
- Managed the jobs in the main SQL Servers and finding and fixing issues when any of them fails.
Computing Services Department Manager2002 - 2002Hurtado Muebles y Decoración, S.A.
Technologies: Unix, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, Sculptor, VPN
- Fostered relations with suppliers searching for a solution to establish a VPN between two factories to work in a WAN.
- Found and fixed the performance issues in the existing UNIX server that was producing delays.
- Supported the migration to a new factory to keep everything working during the move.
Computing Services Department Manager1997 - 2002Primer Grupo Gestión Inmobiliaria
Technologies: Informix-4GL, Unix, Delphi, SQL Server, Windows NT, MS Exchange Server, Linux, IIS
- Maintained computers (hardware and software) and the servers (Unix, Windows, and Windows NT) with the corresponding network permissions.
- Coached two IT juniors.
- Designed and maintained the corporate web and the intranet with Windows NT and IIS.
- Designed and maintained a system to oversee the mortgage management from the moment of the signature until all taxes had been paid, controlling every single step along with alarms if some steps are pending and close to the end date.
Computer Systems Designer and Analyst1997 - 1997Primeramano Editorial, S.L.
Technologies: Clipper, Windows, Novell
- Maintained computers and configuration of a new network (Novell) and assigning permissions to the users.
- Created a program in Clipper to maintain a database for the properties and export the current data to XPress to publish in a newspaper.
- Provided support to the users on the different sectorial programs and offering them tailor-made solutions.
Computer Systems Analyst1996 - 1997General Española de Recursos Humanos S.L.
Technologies: Windows, Clipper, Delphi
- Maintained computers.
- Created the infrastructure designs with the IT suppliers.
- Designed a system to enter the CV in a database it where was possible to conduct searches based on different criteria.
Computer Systems Analyst1995 - 1996Hippo Gestión, S.A.
Technologies: Informix-4GL, Unix, Gupta (SQL Windows)
- Maintained computers.
- Designed and developed a program in Informix-4GL to manage the number of trips that the agencies can book internally.
- Created an application in Windows to book hotel rooms. The system allows to enter the stock of rooms per day and allows the agencies to book if there is availability.
- Maintained the main server in Unix.
Computer Systems Designer and Analyst1993 - 1995Ortopedia Vicente, S.A.
Technologies: Clipper, MS-Dos
- Maintained the computers.
- Designed and developed a program in Clipper for the billing system including EDI (by floppy disk) to the national health services.
- Maintained relations with IT suppliers.
- Connected the billing system with the accounting system.