Quality Assurance Engineer and Developer
Ankur has more than 11 years of experience as an automation test engineer. He has been developing test automation frameworks for web apps and APIs from scratch. He has extensive experience creating test plans, providing test estimations, and developing test suites for various projects. Additionally, he has around four years of experience leading a team of QA engineers for end-to-end project delivery. Ankur has exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
ExperienceQA Automation - 11 yearsPostman - 10 yearsTest Automation Frameworks - 10 yearsREST - 7 yearsGraphQL - 3 yearsCypress - 3 yearsGitHub - 3 yearsTestCafe - 2 years
The most amazing...
...thing that I've developed is the test automation framework for an eCommerce web application using the TestCafe tool.
Senior Software Development Engineer
- Developed test cases for GraphQL API service using Insomnia and Postman.
- Created end-to-end test cases using the Cypress tool.
- Involved in testing pull requests in the local machine before merging them into the master.
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Developed an automation test framework for testing web applications using TestCafe.
- Built a test framework in Postman for testing a GraphQL API.
- Integrated an automated test framework in GitHub using GitHub Actions.
- Led QA initiatives in the technology team and guided other team members.
- Supported the testing of new features from an end-to-end delivery standpoint.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed test cases for new product features during story development.
- Collaborated closely with product managers, developers, and other QA engineers to define test cases for automated and manual execution.
- Involved with all phases of development, from design to implementation, to delivery.
- Recommended test priorities and assessed quality risks. Reported on test progress and raised issues as required.
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Developed API automation tests using Postman and Newman CLI.
- Integrated the API automation test script with the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins.
- Implemented an automation test framework using Testcontainers in Java.
- Verified AWS Lambda functions locally using SAM CLI.
- Conducted code reviews for the pull requests in the project.
Software Development Engineer in Test
DDS Wireless International
- Developed and executed UI automation test cases for a mobile native application using Appium.
- Understood a microservice architectural framework that facilitates the extension of the overall system with new services with clearly defined interfaces.
- Planned and documented testing for a given area or service.
- Managed the complete QA tasks as a part of end-to-end project delivery.
- Developed an automation framework for API testing using Groovy scripting in the SoapUI tool.
- Built UI automation tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Mentored junior resources for day-to-day activities.
- Performed Blackbox testing for real devices in the Stryker test lab.
- Attended meetings with developers and managers for risk assessment of the product.
- Analyzed test requirements and mapped them to the test cases using Quality Center.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed automated test cases using the Selenium WebDriver page object model.
- Performed API testing of SOAP web service using the SoapUI tool.
- Created a test plan and strategy to provide estimations for testing new features.
- Executed manual and automated test cases in various project environments.
Web Automation Using TestCafe
Their solution involves a React-based app with a GraphQL API. I analyzed various automation frameworks and made comparisons for feasibility.
I developed a test automation framework from scratch using TestCafe and a behavior-driven development test strategy. I also integrated the framework with GitHub workflows and executed the automated tests in the cloud using the Lambda test.
Additionally, I developed collections for testing GraphQL calls using Postman and Newman CLI.
API Automation Using Postman
Their software leverages REST-based APIs to provide the solution. I developed collections to verify various services using Postman, automated the API testing using Newman, and used Jenkins to integrate tests with a CI/CD pipeline.
API Automation Using SoapUI
I developed a test automation framework to test the APIs using SoapUI and leverage Groovy scripting language. Included regression test cases as a part of the solution that will execute after each new build. It helped in mitigating regression issues and improved the product's overall quality.
Automated Testing, Manual Testing, Testing, Software Testing, REST, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test Automation
Software QA, API Testing, Test Automation Frameworks, Regression Testing, UI Testing, QA Automation, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, QA Testing, Groovy Scripting, Human Resources (HR), Machine Learning, LambdaTest, CI/CD Pipelines, Test Cases
Selenium, TestCafe, Appium, Cypress
Postman, Cucumber, SoapUI, HP Quality Center (QC), Jenkins, GitHub, Bitbucket, TestRail
Selenium WebDriver, Newman, React
Windows, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Human Resources
Indira Gandhi National Open University - New Delhi, India
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication
Guru Nanak Dev University - Amritsar, India
ISTQB | Foundation
International Software Testing Qualifications Board