C++ Developer in Chicago, IL, United States
Member since March 27, 2016
Anna is a software engineer with over 15 years of experience in C++—focusing on distributed real-time financial applications. For the last two years, she has been working as the CTO of a startup, architecting the full-stack solution for the web and iPhone MVP, and developing all of the back-end processes and APIs in Node.js and Firebase, as well as implementing the majority of the front-end in Swift and Angular.
CTO2014 - 2016Hesta
- Designed the full-stack architecture for our MVP, including the back-end APIs, data models, security rules, user roles, registration, invites, and more.
- Implemented all of the back-end APIs and processes in Node.js, using Firebase, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed and implemented automated email notifications, including calendar event reminders and chat message alerts.
- Managed a team and implemented the majority of the web app in Angular and later in React.
- Managed a team and implemented the majority of the production for an iPhone app in Swift.
- Designed and implemented batch jobs with monitoring and failure handling that connected and downloaded real-estate data via RETS API (Real Estate Transaction Standard).
- Researched and chose solutions for image uploading, email notifications, calendar sharing, and other functionality.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015DRW
- Part of the core team designing and developing high-performance trading platform and strategies.
- Implemented various performance improvements using state-of-the-art C++.
- Implemented the client library to upgrade to the new CME market data API.
- Worked on real-time web UIs using Java, WebSockets, KnockoutJS, and other web frameworks.
- Reconciled and implemented historical vs. production regressions.
Software Architect2004 - 2012Citadel
Technologies: C++, Python, R
- Worked with traders to implement and deploy high-frequency trading frameworks and strategies.
- Designed and implemented a proprietary Reliable Multicast messaging protocol used to distribute data internally in a scalable and robust way.
- Solely responsible for design and development of real-time market data infrastructure, supporting hundreds of clients and multiple sites in US, Europe, and Asia.
- Responsible for capturing and access to historical market data for quantitative research and analysis.
- Implemented a framework for internal exchange/order quoting.
- Hesta Home Web App (Development)
A Hesta home production web app.
- Open Source Firebase Project (Development)
A management dynamic Firebase for subscriptions.
- Hesta Home iPhone App (Development)
A Hesta Home production iPhone app.
Libraries/APIsNode.js, React, ReactiveX, Google Maps SDK, Google Calendar API, MobX, Vue.js
PlatformsFirebase, iOS, Azure
FrameworksIonic, React Native, Redux, AngularJS
ToolsAngularFire, Mobservable, Mocha
StoragePostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS S3
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science1997 - 2001Northwestern University - Evanston, IL, USA