Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Machine Learning Developer
Anna is a data scientist with four years of experience in data analysis and machine learning. She works on end-to-end processes, from data scraping, data collection, and pre-processing, cleaning, and data visualization to predictive modeling development. She is skilled in training a number of ML models, comparing them, and conducting error analyses. Anna is looking for projects that allow her to use data and machine learning to solve complex problems.
Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Pandas, Scikit-learn, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a banking loan approval system that helped the bank understand how likely the customer is to pay the loan back and why.
Gyumri Information Technologies Center
- Led educational workshops and practical classes for a group of 15 students about machine learning techniques and programming best practices.
- Prepared lecture materials on machine learning algorithms and Python.
- Implemented well-known algorithms from scratch using Python. Compared running times for different implementations.
- Conducted comprehensive data analytics and pattern recognition for the students.
Teacher Associate of the Machine Learning Course
American University of Armenia
- Implemented most of the machine learning algorithms from scratch in Python.
- Conducted one class weekly on the Machine Learning course.
- Led office hours and solved problems encountered by students.
- Facilitated discussions and solved practical problems with the students.
- Developed an automated machine learning tool that a team of eight data scientists used, speeding up the work by more than 20%.
- Worked on tabular data and end-to-end processes, including data collection and preparation, cleaning, modeling, testing, and error analysis.
- Implemented state-of-the-art computer vision techniques, including classification, object detection, metric learning, and few-shot learning.
- Integrated with great success MinIO and MongoDB in the project.
- Collaborated with the engineering team for model deployment. Provided APIs for deep learning models.
- Conducted statistical analysis on banking data. Experimented with machine learning models like support vector machines (SVM) and boosting algorithms. Provided a predictive model that helps identify whether the user will be able to pay the loan.
- Developed a recommendation engine that increased the average duration of users' visits by more than 10%.
- Worked with tabular data. Helped to identify database inconsistencies and patterns.
- Conducted data analysis, built visualizations, and developed predictive models.
Automated Machine Learning Tool
The tool accepts the dataset and outputs consistency issues if present, data cleaning tips, provides comprehensive dynamic graphs, gives the ability to clean the data with only one click, and later trains the machine learning model.
The user chooses either default cleaning ways the tool offers or gives custom values and decisions. Ability to train the model is provided. The tool gives some tips and precalculated values for predictive model parameters; however, the user is free to choose any model and parameter value.
This ML tool became a great way of optimizing the company's AI teamwork, as it speeded up our work by more than 20%.
Predictive Model for the Banking Industry
I was responsible for this project from the first stage of its development. I conducted data analysis and provided reports to the Bank. I trained multiple machine learning models, compared them, and checked for possible biases.
I developed the whole pipeline. It takes raw data concerning the user as input, encodes it, and gives it to the predictive model. The model outputs the probability of the person paying back the loan.
Logo Detection Technology
I developed the project from the first to the last stage, including data gathering and scraping, cleaning, model development, and testing.
Python, Python 3, SQL, R
Scikit-learn, Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy, PyTorch
Seaborn, Jupyter, GitHub, Git
Data Science, Database Design
Ubuntu Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Jupyter Notebook, MacOS
Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Programming, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Data Modeling, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Mining, Statistical Modeling, Data Analysis, Data, Analytics, Deep Learning, Data Scraping, Object Detection, Metric Learning, Few-shot Learning, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Computer Vision Algorithms, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Statistical Analysis, Windows 10, Statistics, Algorithms, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, MinIO, Data Queries, Recommendation Systems, Data Reporting
MongoDB, Databases, Relational Databases, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
American University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia