Data Lead2015 - PRESENTGeneral Services Administration | 18F
- Acted as the tech lead for the Federal Election Commission's new legal search portal, making their legal documentation (laws, regulations, etc.) easily searchable online.
- Wrote Checklistomania—an enterprise checklist tool optimized for onboarding that reached #4 spot on hacker news.
- Helped, as the data lead, the organization collect and implement the best practices around data storage and management.
- Wrote Coffeemate—a slackbot designed to break down silos within a remote organization by pairing people up for virtual coffee.
- Managed a team of 5—including 1:1s, problem resolution, and biweekly meetings.
Freelance Developer2013 - 2015Freelance Work
Technologies: Python, Django, Numpy, SciPy, Scikit-learn
- Developed and deployed a statistical model to predict niche domain name profitability.
- Conducted an evaluation of high-performance messaging systems (RabbitMQ & Kafka), and built prototypes to determine the performance for high-volume payment data.
- Built a poker bot capable of playing optimal statistical strategy (no bluffing) in real online poker games.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015ZS Associates
- Led the research and implementation of a business rules engine for sales alignment decisions.
- Wrote the Social Infograph—a MEAN stack app for exploring textual data.
- Conceived of and implemented a rapid analytics process for analyzing social media from a key conference—including automatically categorizing Twitter authors into predefined types and running SQL workflow to produce data for visualizing social activity for clients.
- Categorized audio files to detect topics for call center assistance.
- Implemented standard organizational duties: mentoring, stand-ups, sprint planning, and pairing.
Chief Technology Officer2012 - 2012Index Companies, LLC
Technologies: MATLAB, Neural Networks
- Acted as the primary developer and architect behind a platform for a predicted hurricane landfall on the East Coast based on 1 TB of satellite weather data.
- Presented findings to the CEO on a weekly basis, and presented findings to Warren Buffet's GenRe.
- Achieved a near parity with analytical methodologies with a purely statistical approach.
Research Assistant2011 - 2012Columbia University
- Built a web-based tool for calculating the high resolution carbon footprints at a massive scale.
- Discovered a new algorithm to reduce the carbon footprint calculation complexity from O(n^2) to O(n).
- Effected impacts including: code deployed at Ben & Jerry’s and a publication in the Journal of Industrial Ecology.
Senior Instrumentation Engineer2007 - 2010Nanosolar, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, LabVIEW, MiniTAB, JMP
- Led two teams of two in research, design, and construction of metrology instrumentation and a pilot production solar cell manufacturing tool.
- Mined a data set of 1,000+ manufacturing variables recorded every second.
- Presented findings to the C-suite executives on a weekly basis.
- Performed a thermo-mechanical and electrical modeling of solar cell manufacturing processes and devices.