Oracle Consultant2022 - PRESENTClub 21
Technologies: Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Cloud, ETL, Database Design, Data Warehouse Design, Analytic SQL, Relational Database Design, ETL Development, Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Oracle Application Express (APEX), SQL Views, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Modeling, HTML, Databases, Oracle Database, SQL, Database Schema Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Data Architecture
- Developed a data warehouse for sales, advertising, and inventory data, while designing used external tables for data loading.
- Deployed the data warehouse to the Oracle Cloud environment.
- Prototyped an Oracle APEX reporting application to view data warehouse information.
Oracle APEX Developer2009 - 2010Pearson
- Developed APEX application to support online education content authoring while creating APEX pages with forms and reports for the system.
- Managed rollouts between development, test, and production for Oracle codebase and APEX application.
- Implemented PL/SQL packages to generate XML-based Excel spreadsheets for users to download, including custom XML formatting to create Excel output.
- Assisted quality assurance staff with unit and coverage review tests.
- Estimated project effort for new feature requests and system enhancements while creating proof of concept examples to assist with evaluating complex requirements.
Database Architecture Consultant2008 - 2009Comcast
Technologies: Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Database Design, Documentation, OLTP, Oracle Performance Tuning, Database Instrumentation, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Database Rollout Scripting, Relational Database Design, SQL Views, Data Modeling, Databases, Oracle Database, SQL, Database Schema Design, Data Analysis, Data Architecture
- Adapted Oracle database table, complex view design, and performance for the video-on-demand system while integrating various enterprise data components into the design.
- Researched and implemented advanced Oracle time zone conversion. features for geographically based menu items availability while deploying the database system nationally on a distributed server environment.
- Implemented a benchmarking system to evaluate system performance through design iterations.
- Exposed functionality to Java application clients using PL/SQL packages with stored procedures while assisting Java developers with unit testing.
- Used Oracle object types to streamline complex views while integrating sys_context to create parameterized views for performance tuning.
- Composed system documentation for database architecture.
Oracle Database Architect | Team Lead2004 - 2008Siemens Energy
Technologies: Data Modeling, Oracle PL/SQL, Parallel Processing, Advanced Queuing, ETL Development, Database Migration, Analytic SQL, Database Instrumentation, Enterprise Data Landscape Integration, Team Mentoring, PL/SQL Code Generation, Data Structure Mapping, Oracle Performance Tuning, XML, Data Warehouse Design, OLTP, Oracle SQL, SQL, Oracle Database, Databases, SQL Stored Procedures, Database Triggers, SQL Views, Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Relational Database Design, Oracle Database Rollout Scripting, Oracle Database Triggers, Database Migration Scripting, PL/SQL Developer, Database Design, ETL, Writing & Editing, Documentation, Database Schema Design, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Data Architecture
- Designed a powerplant inventory system with PL/SQL-based XML interface to expose all database functions as web services.
- Completed PL/SQL API code generation to recreate the system while reflecting new tables, changing, and adding columns in schema tables.
- Implemented parallel ETL processing using Oracle Advanced Queuing to optimize data transformation pipelines.
- Integrated various data silos in the enterprise data landscape and worked directly with the architecture team to ensure new systems conformed to data standards. Diagrammed enterprise data structures in ERD design tools and PL/SQL Developer.
- Scripted deployments to move Oracle codebase between development, test, QA, and production systems. Assisted Database Administration (DBA) staff in diagnosing and solving performance issues.
- Supported .NET, Java, and web service applications with database functionality using PL/SQL, including engineering data warehouse, customer portal, document management, and powerplant inventory systems.
- Implemented complete database instrumentation with error logging and trigger-based row-level change auditing.
- Addressed all project planning and design aspects with end-users, project managers, and developers.
- Performed technical interviews and screenings for Oracle developer candidates, assisted project managers with performance evaluations of team members, and mentored team members in Oracle technologies.
- Conducted code reviews to discover potential performance bottlenecks and refactor PL/SQL code for effective maintainability and reuse.
Visual Basic | Oracle Developer2001 - 2004Bellsouth Communications Systems
Technologies: Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), XML, SQL, Oracle Database, Databases, Data Modeling, SQL Stored Procedures, Database Triggers, SQL Views, Oracle PL/SQL Packages, ETL Development, Relational Database Design, Oracle Database Rollout Scripting, Oracle Database Triggers, Database Migration Scripting, Database Migration, Database Instrumentation, Team Mentoring, Oracle Performance Tuning, OLTP, Database Design, Writing & Editing, Documentation, Database Schema Design, Data Analysis, Data Architecture
- Migrated Visual Basic 6 application to Visual Basic .NET framework and created wrappers for ADO data access to standardize and simplify stored procedure calls.
- Created custom PL/SQL-based XML parser to optimize large data transactions performance with Visual Basic application and designed compression algorithm for XML messages.
- Prototyped Oracle PL/SQL pricing engine to replace existing Forte pricing engine, demonstrating significant performance improvements.
- Implemented an error logging system using autonomous transactions to assist support staff in working proactively with end-users problems.
- Developed PL/SQL API for database interactions with Visual Basic sales quotes application while creating scripts to port database code between development, test, QA, and production systems.
- Helped completely rewrite the Visual Basic 6 sales quotes application while developing PL/SQL API for all database interactions with the client application. Used stored procedures for DML operations and ref cursors to return data to the application.
- Contributed to project design meetings for new features and wrote system functionality documentation.
Client Server Developer1999 - 2001ABC Distributing
Technologies: Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle8i, Crystal Reports, Oracle PL/SQL, Database Design, OLTP, Oracle Database Triggers, Oracle Database Rollout Scripting, Relational Database Design, Oracle PL/SQL Packages, SQL Views, Database Triggers, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Modeling, Databases, Oracle Database, SQL, Oracle SQL, Database Schema Design, Data Analysis
- Developed Visual Basic applications and databases for warehouse management, domestic shipping, and internet sales support.
- Designed Oracle database to support collections department activity, including views and PL/SQL packages, while training end-users in writing Crystal Reports.
- Implemented Oracle database with PL/SQL API to manage international shipping while working with project managers to clarify business requirements.
- Supported existing Visual Basic 6 applications for the client-server department while fixing bugs and implementing new feature requests.
- Revised barcode label printing application for RMA warehouse to optimize performance, saving thousands of labor hours annually by the management assessment.
- Attended Oracle Corporation's advanced classes in PL/SQL.