Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...thing is converting something that is very complex to be much more sound and simple.
- Established best practices around SLI, SLO, PDV, monitoring, and analytics.
- Worked across different teams and over three different time zones.
- Led the UI development for my department and kept our multilingual interfaces efficient for customers and maintainable for developers.
- Developed a map engine capable of storing, processing, and efficiently displaying millions of POI.
- Developed a comment system capable of handling tens of thousands of comments on a single page.
- Developed efficient algorithms to process and transfer to the client-side and display complex polygons representing administrative divisions.
- Created the majority of the graphics pipeline, from VML to WebGL, and all the rocket science to handle it 24/365/60FPS.
- Created a real estate search experience, augmented with map view with the first class, and the first-on-the-market client-side data clustering.
- Created a sophisticated data-driven sell-house experience, full of custom selects, autocompletes and options dependent on each other.
- Implemented the first Google Map v3 integration in Russia and the first Streetview (self captured) solution in Russia.
- Created a real-time server-side renderer for the cartographic information serving up to 2k requests per second for the last ten years, powering up the Wikimapia.
- Refactored Wikimapia server side to act better in a render farm (16 servers) environment.
- Developed VoIP solutions from the hardware point of view.
- Implemented EDSS (Q.931) protocol using finite state machines.
- Migrated control service from Win32 to POSIX environment.
Fully Packed GitHubhttps://github.com/theKashey/thekashey
I know my craft and know it in deep detail.
Google Maps, Yandex Maps API, React, jQuery, Redux-Saga, Node.js, WebGL, Stripe, Three.js
Webpack, Jira, WebStorm
Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming, BEM
MySQL, Memcached, SQLite, Elasticsearch
Critical-path CSS, Code Splitting, Freelancing, Application State Management, Website Optimization, Monorepos, CSS-in-JS, UI Animation, Cairo, ParcelJS, Redux-observable
MacOS, Oracle, Linux
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics
Moscow Technological University - Moscow, Russia