Head of Engineering2020 - 2021Wizshops
Technologies: Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Terraform, Helm, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon RDS, MySQL, ProxySQL, Go, Python, Bash, Amazon KMS, AWS Lambda, DevOps, AWS DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Jira, Atlassian Jira, GitFlow, AWS, PHP, SaaS
- Designed and implemented on-demand deployment of environment for new tenants for a SaaS startup using AWS EKS, RDS, KMS, Go, and Terraform.
- Set up GitFlow and deployment process using GitLab and GitLab CI, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Designed and implemented architecture of data analytic applications based on Amazon managed services.
Head of Engineering, DevOps, CTO2020 - 2021Eve Virtual
Technologies: Twilio API, Agora, Azure DevOps, Azure App Service, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Front Doors, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Azure Application Insights, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Apache JMeter, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), CI/CD Pipelines, Terraform, PubNub, Azure Web PubSub, SignalR, Azure Functions, .NET Core, Azure, Azure Active Directory, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Jira, Atlassian Jira
- Configured CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps to deploy front-end and back-end applications.
- Hosted .NET Core application on Azure App Services backed by Azure SQL database. Configured Azure Front Door with load balancing, WAF, and CDN.
- Configured application logging, monitoring, and tracing with Azure App Insights. Created several dashboards in Azure and Power BI.
- Hosted several front end React applications on Azure Static Websites with Microsoft CDN.
- Implemented an authentication service based on Azure AD B2C.
- Distributed stress tests with JMeter and Kubernetes In Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Configured multizone failover and HA for Azure SQL Database.
- Designed and implemented video-conferencing browser application based on Twilio and Agora API.
- Designed and implemented chat and signaling system for multiplayer game-like application using PubNub API, Agora RTM, Azure WebRTC, Azure SignalR Service, and Azure Functions.
IT Consultant2020 - 2020M.H. Alshaya Co.
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cloud Services, OpenAPI, Swagger, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Search, Python, Flask, Jira, Atlassian Jira, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Atlassian Confluence
- Conducted research of requirements and justification of selecting an architecture and cloud platform for the new eCommerce project.
- Researched available platforms for the eCommerce marketplace.
- Implemented eCommerce search services using Azure Cognitive Search, Azure Search API, Python, Flask, Azure Blob storage, and OpenAPI.
Head of Engineering, Infrastructure, Architecture, Cloud, DevOps2014 - 2020Awok.com - eCommerce Marketplace, Dubai, UAE
Technologies: Google Cloud, AWS, Nginx, PHP, Python, Linux, Apache HTTP Server, Akamai, Grafana, ELK (Elastic Stack), Zabbix, Google Pub/Sub, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), F5 Networks, Apache Airflow, ProxySQL, SQL Server 2012, Hyper-V, Cisco, GitLab CI/CD, CI/CD Pipelines, Redis, Docker, Asterisk, Bash Script, ETL, Google BigQuery, Tableau, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), DevOps, AWS DevOps
- Migrated cloud infrastructure nodes from Amazon AWS to Google Cloud Platform—20+ VMs, databases, load balancers, log, and monitoring systems. Reconfigured CI/CD.
- Configured automation delivery of code to environments using GitLab CI. Set up deployment environments and configured CI/CD pipelines for automation. Switched deployment from direct to CI/CD.
- Set up monitoring and alerting services for applications and infrastructure using Zabbix, Grafana, and Elasticsearch.
- Configured multiple content delivery networks—Akamai, CDNetworks, G-Core, Cloudflare, Cloud Front, and Google CDN. Automated invalidations and included into CI/CD process.
- Created ETL scripts (bash) to load transactional data to Google BigQuery.
- Created ELT solution based on Apache Airflow and Kubernetes to load data to data to external systems (BigQuery, Google catalog, and Facebook catalog).
- Designed and developed a real user monitoring (RUM) solution to collect metrics from the user's browser using Akamai's opens source tool "Boomerang" and stream to Elasticsearch thru Logstash.
- Adopted Git flow to specific software development lifecycle. Designed CI/CD and pipelines accordingly.
- Designed and set up a "canary" deployment scenario for a monolithic PHP/MySQL application.
- Designed several microservices and communication between them using Google Pub/Sub.
Head of IT Department2007 - 2013XM LTD, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Technologies: ASP.NET, Hyper-V, Proxmox, SQL Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows SBS 2003, Hardware, Asterisk, CCTV, Computer Networking, Cisco, Linux, Android, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Antivirus Software, C#.NET, Bash, Windows PowerShell
- Developed the company's eCommerce website using ASP.NET C# and connected it to ERP. Hosted on-premise and configured routing, connections, security, and disaster recovery.
- Led the IT-related company's activities, including internal projects, collaboration with vendors and providers, IT budgets.
- Designed and implemented a disaster recovery plan. Moved physical servers to virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V. Configured high availability and failover.
- Introduced a monitoring and alerting system based on Zabbix 1.4.
- Switched an analog Panasonic phone system to Asterisk PBX. Developed a plugin for ERP to connect call center agents to Asterisk PBX from the desktop OS.
- Designed and implemented a local network. Switched from 802.3a network to 802.3i and later to 802.3u network.
- Designed and implemented the interconnection between the head office and remote branches using IPSec VPN and Cisco equipment.
- Implemented centralized OS patching using Windows Software Update Server and protection with Kaspersky Antivirus.
- Designed and installed an intrusion alarm and surveillance system for critical company premises.
Software Engineer2000 - 2007Kharkivmetall JSC, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Developed and supported the ERP system. Maintained the POS and other office devices.
- Supported end users, their workplaces, and the peripheral equipment.