Antoni is an experienced developer with an extensive background in enterprise systems, currently focusing on mobile apps. During the past 15 years, he has worked for established corporations, government agencies, and startups allowing him to easily adapt to different organizational cultures. As a fast learner, Antoni can easily pick up new technologies, allowing him to work effectively and adhere to best practices.
ExperienceJava - 15 yearsDesign Patterns - 12 yearsAndroid - 10 yearsGoogle API - 5 yearsiOS - 5 yearsJEE - 5 yearsSwift - 3 yearsReactiveX - 2 years
Git, IDEA IDE, Xcode, AppCode, Android Studio, MacOS
The most amazing...
...app I’ve developed and designed was a Dublin city guide for AerLingus airlines with offline data synchronization and the use of iBeacons.
Mobile Apps Developer
- Developed Android applications for Polish and French branches of Sanitech.
- Created iOS and Android app CityBcon for AerLingus - an offline Dublin City Guide including support for iBeacons-triggered special offers and information (iBeacons in iOS only).
- Built Android app for Polish startup - prototype of a social network allowing users to organize events based on location.
- Created a web application presenting complicated Excel documents as web forms based on Google Docs for UK-based architecture office.
- Developed the prototype of a very fast message exchange server based on Jetty, Memcached, and Protobuf.
Android and iOS Developer
Rasoul Holdings (via Toptal)
- Developed Android social media related app Tudoo.
- Co-developed iOS version of Tudoo app.
- Developed new Android version of language-exchange app Idyoma.
Senior Android and iOS Developer
- Developed apps for both big, established companies (camera producer, big transportation company, events organizers, fast-food chain, newspaper publisher) and startups (social apps, augmented reality app, etc).
- Contributed to both iOS and Android native apps (depending on project requirements), using each platform best practices and a number of different libraries.
Developer, Technical Team Leader
PB Polsoft (Poland)
- Contributed to different projects in different roles for government agencies, banks, and telecom companies (like WBK, ministry of environment, TPSA).
- Served as developer, architect, technical leader, and team leader depending on the project.
- Managed teams of up to 20 people.
- Designed system architectures.
- Developed all of the projects using enterprise-level software stack (like J2EE), and designed to work in multi-user, concurrent environment with emphasis put on security, consistency, and correctness.
Developer, Team Leader
Wokiss Association (Poland)
- Designed and developed proprietary public information portal system (including CMS) successfully deployed in over 150 polish local government offices.
- Managed a team of several developers, graphic designers and consultants.
Android App for Stagecoach UK
I was a lead programmer in this project and responsible for creating project architecture and foundations. The app was using reactive patterns and a number of standard Android libraries
iOS App for Greggs Fast-Food Chain
The app was built using MVVM architecture, using behavior pattern and extensive use of observers.
I was the only iOS programmer, building the app from scratch to the first released version until I was assigned to another project.
Android App for Canon Europe
The app featured content downloaded from the CMS with many different custom presentation types such as exercises, interactive maps, lenses comparisons, and more.
I was lead programmer of Android version of the app
CityBcon - Dublin City Guide with iBeacons
I developed this application from scratch, including the design of UX and advising the client on how to best implement the required functionalities. Two apps were created - a fully featured iOS app and a limited-in-functionality Android app. I also extended the existing back-end CMS app to provide API required by the application.
Unfortunately, this project was canceled due to business reasons.
Corporate Banking System for WBK
The objective of the project was to create a web-based front-end for corporate clients that would replace the existing stand-alone application and offer, at least, the same user experience as a native app. The secondary goal of the bank was to push as much processing, such as sorting or filtering data, as possible to the client app to avoid server strain. This meant we had to make sure that the app would be able to handle thousands of records without degrading performance.
We were using GWT and PureMVC for front-end, and Spring for the back-end. All the data and business operations were handled by bank core systems, exposed as SOAP WS, so it had to be processed before sending to the client.
I was the lead programmer and co-author of architecture in this project.
Document Flow Management System
My role was to propose the architecture - my main goal was to make it lighter and easier to develop, hence I proposed significant changes to the technology stack used - like using Spring and Dependency Injection instead of Service Locator (which was standard in J2EE), iBatis instead of pure JDBC, etc.
I was the technical leader and product owner, managing approximately 20 people, helping them to solve difficult problems and making sure that the whole work produced would be consistent and fit together.
Public Information Portal System for Local Governments
I managed a team of two other developers and several consultants and graphic designers.
During this project, I developed a custom HTML parser to clean HTML code produced by MS Word (most of our clients had their materials prepared in this format) that provided much better results than any available software at that time.
Java, Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, PHP, HTML, SQL, CSS
Android SDK, Rx, GWT, iBATIS, Dagger 2, OAuth 2, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Core Data, JPA, Laravel
RxJava, RxJava 2, ReactiveX, Retrofit 2, REST APIs, Jackson, Google Maps SDK, Protobuf, RxSwift, Retrofit, Alamofire, Fabric, Google API, Facebook API
Android Studio, IDEA IDE, Git, AppCode, Jetty, Xcode, Braintree SDK
Android, JEE, iOS, MacOS, Jakarta EE, Oracle Database, WebSphere, JBoss, WebSphere MQ, Firebase
JSON, SQLite, Realm, Memcached, MySQL
Design Patterns, Functional Reactive Programming, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Scrum, Agile Software Development
Oracle Certified Master in Java EE 5 Enterprise Architecture
Oracle - -
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science - Software Engineering
Poznan University of Technology - Poznan, Poland
Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect