Staff Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTCommunity.com
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Cypress, Elixir
- Led web team in restructuring itself and tackling major web tech debt and related initiatives.
- Built features for front-end applications, including the UI for client-side data modeling and filtering. This included TypeScript type modeling for robust type safety around arbitrary data.
- Helped make key architectural decisions for front-end applications, from providing input on cross-team initiatives to setting standards.
Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2022Community.com
Technologies: React, Cypress, CircleCI, Elixir
- Led the web team and web team initiatives. Including merging a dozen front-end applications into a monorepo, which encouraged cross-collaboration and knowledge/code sharing across applications.
- Built an Elixir service for fetching and displaying website metadata for user-submitted links.
Senior Engineer2015 - 2020Landdox
Technologies: PostgreSQL, OCR, Angular, AngularJS, React, Phoenix, Elixir, Node.js
- Built a front-end single-page application in AngularJS and spear-headed efforts to migrate and hybridize into an Angular application, and then worked on rewriting the application from scratch in React and Redux.
- Decided on the stack, streamlined the dev workflow, worked on performance, and created a comprehensive test suite and a collaboration protocol. Developed application architecture.
- Managed project development and momentum and hired for the team in the initial years of the startup.
Full-stack Development and Design2005 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: React, AngularJS, WordPress, Node.js, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Speedily converted Photoshop and Illustrator designs to WordPress websites and implemented a performant workflow for the process.
- Designed numerous websites for small businesses and converted those into WordPress websites.
- Oversaw the deployment of web properties to servers.
- Developed sites in Wix, Squarespace, and Webflow for small businesses to showcase their portfolios and services and empowered them to make content updates.
AngularJS Consultant2014 - 2015ZURB
- Built out the AngularJS side of an open-source product called "Foundation for Apps."
- Helped manage the open-source aspect of "Foundation for Apps."
- Worked on the popular Foundation CSS framework for bug fixing and bug triage.
Applications Developer2013 - 2014Consumer Media Network
Technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Node.js, Symfony, PHP, AngularJS
- Developed an email remarketing aspect to the lead generation funnel.
- Developed high-performance APIs and front-ends to serve data to millions of users.
- Developed and tuned existing lead generation engine to increase conversion rates as well as performance.
Lead Developer2012 - 2013PushFire
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Knockout (Knockout.js), Sass, Laravel, PHP
- Developed an internal set of tooling for others on the team to use.
- Managed project development from start to finish as well as tracked feature development.
- Utilized UX and UI popular design principles to improve application experience.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2012SIOPCO
Technologies: CSS, Knockout (Knockout.js), C#
- Developed a link-sharing feature with preview fetching for a social network.
- Established CSS architecture and patterns for others to follow.
- Developed a link preview aspect of a link-sharing social network.
Director of Development2011 - 2012Adhere Creative
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, HubSpot, CSS, WordPress, PHP
- Developed and streamlined a WordPress development flow to increase productivity.
- Designed and presented website and logo designs for various companies in their rebranding process.
- Implemented up-to-date search engine optimization recommendations on WordPress sites and streamlined the SEO process for new projects.
- Implemented website designs in Hubspot -- a low-code, marketing-first CMS that allows users to easily update content on their own.