Owner, Software Engineer2004 - PRESENTElapsus
- Created desktop-based applications to interface with and gather data from a laser-induced plasma spectrometer (LIPS) and an electronic microscope, perform analysis on input data, and submit results to a remote web service. The LIPS application is used to determine the chemical composition of the observed sample, whereas the microscope application reconstructs an interactive 3D model of the analyzed surface (C#, WinForms, OpenGL).
- Developed an event organizer to record and report the organizational information related to events, such as races and marathons (ASP.NET 4, C#, SQL Server).
- Implemented a framework to parse RSS and Atom feeds and import articles into a Goss iCM CMS, designed to be easily extensible to other feed types. Also implemented a bulk user import procedure to scan CSV files, find matches between CSV content and CMS fields, check for data errors, and import users into the CMS (ASP.NET 2.0, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed the course administration/management module for an e-learning system built on top of the Kentico CMS (C#, ASP.NET 2.0).
- Created an App Engine Java application to pull data from an Encompass database (via MS Access and scheduled upload to/synchronization with Google Data Store) and display detailed employee/branch/company statistics, with automatic page rotation and optimization for full screen LCD TVs (App Engine, Java, JSF, MyFaces, jQuery, jQueryUI).
- Created a web-based calendar/scheduler to pull data from an Encompass instance and publish details and totals (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, Encompass).
- Developed a web-based application to send SMS messages, manage contacts and group lists, and buy and manage credit (Java, J2EE/JEE, JSF, IceFaces, MySQL).
- Implemented a Windows mobile order entry application, ported from an existing C++ application (C#, Windows Mobile, SQL Server Mobile).
- Re-engineered a costs and sales management application for a large Italian paper mill company/group (MS Access, VBA).
- Developed an online monitor for credit repair software which gathered data from clients and provided real-time statistics (PHP, MySQL).
- Created a database-driven website to search and filter a mortgage database as well as target loan officers (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed a web-based interactive door designer which allowed users to design and order doors (ASP.NET, C#, MSSQL).
- Developed a database-driven company website with protected areas for forum discussion and more (ASP.NET, DotNetNuke, C#, SQL Server).
- Created a job board specifically targeted at game designers and developers for the Canadian market (PHP, MySQL).
- Developed an ad banner management system consisting of an administrative interface for publishers and advertisers and a banner engine responsible for banner provisioning (Java, J2EE, JSP, MySQL).
- Created a website/service for a print, warehousing, and distribution service company which enabled users to order online and track previous/pending orders, and personnel to process orders (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Commissioned by the Newcastle Youth Council (UK) to develop a web portal with simple-to-use CMS and able-to-send SMS, ringtones, logos and WAP-push messages (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed a Windows Mobile order entry application for resellers/distributors of ice cream/frozen products. After initial development and release of version 1.0, the product evolved by gaining hundreds of new features over its 10 years of existence (C/C++, MFC, Windows CE).
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Apps for Gaps (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift, MapKit
- Worked on an app to discover stores around you with your favorite brands.
Software Engineer, iOS developer2017 - 2017ILF Mobile Apps (www.ilfmobileapps.com, via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift, VoIP, encryption, messaging
- Worked on a private messaging app (voice and text) and secure vault for images and videos.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Brave (www.brave.ly, via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Node.js
- Maintained an existing app (not yet launched) for connecting people that need help with people who can volunteer to provide it.
- Fixed bugs on the app.
iOS developer2017 - 2017MindTrust Labs (www.mindtrustlabs.com, via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift
- Worked on a medical app to track sensorial and motor activities for child patients.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Social Scan (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, iOS
- Maintained the app by adding new features and fixing some problems.
iOS Software Engineer2016 - 2016Contra (www.contra-app.com; via Toptal)
- Contributed to Contra, a social opinions platform.
- Helped improve the app, add new features, and fix bugs.
iOS Software Engineer2016 - 2016Keepy (www.keepy.me; via Toptal)
- Contributed to Keepy, a kids’ artwork, schoolwork, and mementos organizer.
- Helped improve the app and fix some bugs.
iOS Software Engineer2016 - 2016Blue Lasso (www.bluelasso.com; via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift, iPad
- Contributed to Blue Lasso, an iPad client for a training and advisory service, focusing on projects, people, and planning tools.
- Added new features and fixed bugs.
Freelance Software Engineer2014 - 2016Vida.watch (www.vida.watch)
Technologies: iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Node.js, MongoDB, Swift, Objective-C, CoffeeScript, Beacons
- Implemented a task/goal tracking service.
- Worked with beacons to implement basic indoor positioning.
- Created a watchOS app to start/stop trackers, linked to the iOS app.
- Designed and implemented a Node.js back-end, exposing REST APIs.
- Developed the iOS app.
Freelance Software Engineer2013 - 2016ByteFactory (www.getvgl.com)
- Fixed bugs and made improvements on a dating service with clients for both iOS and Android and a Java/Spring-based back-end.
iOS Software Engineer2015 - 2015RAD Fitkey (www.radfitkey.com; via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift
- Contributed to RAD Fitkey, a body measurement app to create a body profile with just three pictures.
- Joined the team for bug fixing and for adding new features.
iOS Software Engineer2015 - 2015Crowdservice (www.crowdserviceinc.com; via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, PHP
- Contributed to Crowdservice, a platform for customers to post tasks where providers can bid and do the task when selected.
- Helped fix bugs and add new features.
Freelance Software Engineer2015 - 2015PooledHouse (www.pooledhouse.com; via Toptal)
- PooledHouse is a service to track jobs, tips, and earnings.
- Designed the architecture and developed an iOS app for jobs and tips/earnings management.
CTO, Software Engineer2012 - 2015Ubersimple, LLC (www.ubersimple.com)
- Designed the high-level architecture of a mobile service used to share lists of apps and digital business cards.
- Implemented the native iOS client app, written in Objective C and Swift.
- Implemented the native Android client app, written in Java.
Freelance Software Engineer2014 - 2014Burnbook (via Toptal)
- Designed the architecture and developed the iOS app for anonymous posting at Mashable (http://mashable.com/2015/03/26/burnbook-app/#IlyrdxGFEkqE).
- Began development in Objective-C, later progressively replaced by Swift for new features.
Freelance Software Engineer2013 - 2013Rooted
- Created new features and fixed bugs on a previously developed app, whose purpose is to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Analyst, Lead Developer2003 - 2003AG Team S.r.l. (www.agteam.it)
Technologies: Java, C++
- Redesigned an existing COBOL ERP application in Java/J2EE.
- Performed maintenance on a Windows CE order entry application.
Project Leader, Analyst, Senior Developer1997 - 2002Ksolutions S.p.A.
Technologies: C/C++, Java, Pascal, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, NewtonScript
- Created the first and most popular Italian free SMS service (Kataweb FreeSMS).
- Involved in strategic/pilot workforce management projects using mobile technologies (commissioned by the largest Italian mobile operator and railway company).
- Designed and developed applications on a variety of mobile platforms, such as Apple Newton, Palm Pilot, and Windows CE.
- Designed and implemented an SMS engine to target Windows CE platforms, capable of sending and receiving SMS using a GSM card/mobile phone connected to the device.
IT Consultant1996 - 1996Zappalà S.p.A.
- Designed and implemented a controller for product delivery automation, identifying products by reading bar codes from a conveyor belt, assigning a client/destination basing on an orders database, and routing them accordingly.