- Owner, Software EngineerElapsus2004 - PRESENT
- Created desktop-based applications to interface with and gather data from a laser-induced plasma spectrometer (LIPS) and an electronic microscope, perform analysis on input data, and submit results to a remote web service. The LIPS application is used to determine the chemical composition of the observed sample, whereas the microscope application reconstructs an interactive 3D model of the analyzed surface (C#, WinForms, OpenGL).
- Developed an event organizer to record and report the organizational information related to events, such as races and marathons (ASP.NET 4, C#, SQL Server).
- Implemented a framework to parse RSS and Atom feeds and import articles into a Goss iCM CMS, designed to be easily extensible to other feed types. Also implemented a bulk user import procedure to scan CSV files, find matches between CSV content and CMS fields, check for data errors, and import users into the CMS (ASP.NET 2.0, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed the course administration/management module for an e-learning system built on top of the Kentico CMS (C#, ASP.NET 2.0).
- Created an App Engine Java application to pull data from an Encompass database (via MS Access and scheduled upload to/synchronization with Google Data Store) and display detailed employee/branch/company statistics, with automatic page rotation and optimization for full screen LCD TVs (App Engine, Java, JSF, MyFaces, jQuery, jQueryUI).
- Created a web-based calendar/scheduler to pull data from an Encompass instance and publish details and totals (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, Encompass).
- Developed a web-based application to send SMS messages, manage contacts and group lists, and buy and manage credit (Java, J2EE/JEE, JSF, IceFaces, MySQL).
- Implemented a Windows mobile order entry application, ported from an existing C++ application (C#, Windows Mobile, SQL Server Mobile).
- Re-engineered a costs and sales management application for a large Italian paper mill company/group (MS Access, VBA).
- Developed an online monitor for credit repair software which gathered data from clients and provided real-time statistics (PHP, MySQL).
- Created a database-driven website to search and filter a mortgage database as well as target loan officers (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed a web-based interactive door designer which allowed users to design and order doors (ASP.NET, C#, MSSQL).
- Developed a database-driven company website with protected areas for forum discussion and more (ASP.NET, DotNetNuke, C#, SQL Server).
- Created a job board specifically targeted at game designers and developers for the Canadian market (PHP, MySQL).
- Developed an ad banner management system consisting of an administrative interface for publishers and advertisers and a banner engine responsible for banner provisioning (Java, J2EE, JSP, MySQL).
- Created a website/service for a print, warehousing, and distribution service company which enabled users to order online and track previous/pending orders, and personnel to process orders (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Commissioned by the Newcastle Youth Council (UK) to develop a web portal with simple-to-use CMS and able-to-send SMS, ringtones, logos and WAP-push messages (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Developed a Windows Mobile order entry application for resellers/distributors of ice cream/frozen products. After initial development and release of version 1.0, the product evolved by gaining hundreds of new features over its 10 years of existence (C/C++, MFC, Windows CE).
- Software EngineerApps for Gaps (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: iOS, Swift, MapKit
- Worked on an app to discover stores around you with your favorite brands.
- Software Engineer, iOS developerILF Mobile Apps (www.ilfmobileapps.com, via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: iOS, Swift, VoIP, encryption, messaging
- Worked on a private messaging app (voice and text) and secure vault for images and videos.
- Software EngineerBrave (www.brave.ly, via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: iOS, Node.js
- Maintained an existing app (not yet launched) for connecting people that need help with people who can volunteer to provide it.
- Fixed bugs on the app.
- iOS developerMindTrust Labs (www.mindtrustlabs.com, via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: iOS, Swift
- Worked on a medical app to track sensorial and motor activities for child patients.
- Software EngineerSocial Scan (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Swift, iOS
- Maintained the app by adding new features and fixing some problems.
- iOS Software EngineerContra (www.contra-app.com; via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Contributed to Contra, a social opinions platform.
- Helped improve the app, add new features, and fix bugs.
- iOS Software EngineerKeepy (www.keepy.me; via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Contributed to Keepy, a kids’ artwork, schoolwork, and mementos organizer.
- Helped improve the app and fix some bugs.
- iOS Software EngineerBlue Lasso (www.bluelasso.com; via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: iOS, Swift, iPad
- Contributed to Blue Lasso, an iPad client for a training and advisory service, focusing on projects, people, and planning tools.
- Added new features and fixed bugs.
- Freelance Software EngineerVida.watch (www.vida.watch)2014 - 2016
Technologies: iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Node.js, MongoDB, Swift, Objective-C, CoffeeScript, Beacons
- Implemented a task/goal tracking service.
- Worked with beacons to implement basic indoor positioning.
- Created a watchOS app to start/stop trackers, linked to the iOS app.
- Designed and implemented a Node.js back-end, exposing REST APIs.
- Developed the iOS app.
- Freelance Software EngineerByteFactory (www.getvgl.com)2013 - 2016
- Fixed bugs and made improvements on a dating service with clients for both iOS and Android and a Java/Spring-based back-end.
- iOS Software EngineerRAD Fitkey (www.radfitkey.com; via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, Swift
- Contributed to RAD Fitkey, a body measurement app to create a body profile with just three pictures.
- Joined the team for bug fixing and for adding new features.
- iOS Software EngineerCrowdservice (www.crowdserviceinc.com; via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, PHP
- Contributed to Crowdservice, a platform for customers to post tasks where providers can bid and do the task when selected.
- Helped fix bugs and add new features.
- Freelance Software EngineerPooledHouse (www.pooledhouse.com; via Toptal)2015 - 2015
- PooledHouse is a service to track jobs, tips, and earnings.
- Designed the architecture and developed an iOS app for jobs and tips/earnings management.
- CTO, Software EngineerUbersimple, LLC (www.ubersimple.com)2012 - 2015
- Designed the high-level architecture of a mobile service used to share lists of apps and digital business cards.
- Implemented the native iOS client app, written in Objective C and Swift.
- Implemented the native Android client app, written in Java.
- Freelance Software EngineerBurnbook (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
- Designed the architecture and developed the iOS app for anonymous posting at Mashable (http://mashable.com/2015/03/26/burnbook-app/#IlyrdxGFEkqE).
- Began development in Objective-C, later progressively replaced by Swift for new features.
- Freelance Software EngineerRooted2013 - 2013
- Created new features and fixed bugs on a previously developed app, whose purpose is to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Analyst, Lead DeveloperAG Team S.r.l. (www.agteam.it)2003 - 2003
Technologies: Java, C++
- Redesigned an existing COBOL ERP application in Java/J2EE.
- Performed maintenance on a Windows CE order entry application.
- Project Leader, Analyst, Senior DeveloperKsolutions S.p.A.1997 - 2002
Technologies: C/C++, Java, Pascal, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, NewtonScript
- Created the first and most popular Italian free SMS service (Kataweb FreeSMS).
- Involved in strategic/pilot workforce management projects using mobile technologies (commissioned by the largest Italian mobile operator and railway company).
- Designed and developed applications on a variety of mobile platforms, such as Apple Newton, Palm Pilot, and Windows CE.
- Designed and implemented an SMS engine to target Windows CE platforms, capable of sending and receiving SMS using a GSM card/mobile phone connected to the device.
- IT ConsultantZappalà S.p.A.1996 - 1996
- Designed and implemented a controller for product delivery automation, identifying products by reading bar codes from a conveyor belt, assigning a client/destination basing on an orders database, and routing them accordingly.