Verified Expert in Engineering
Antonio's experience is in the areas of embedded systems, firmware, hardware, and software development. He has worked in the automotive, avionic, and defense sectors as a senior software engineer with full hands-on in all software development levels, including performance, functional, integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing. Antonio is a supportive and passionate team player and a leader dedicated to streamlining processes and efficiently resolving project issues.
Flutter, Ruby, Python, C++11, C, Eclipse IDE, Scripting, Shell, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...things I've developed were a lot of embedded products for automotive, industrial, and military industries.
Embedded C++ Developer
Toyota Material Handling, Inc - Main
- Collaborated with the architecture team leader to manage three teams responsible for the architecture documentation and development. Also accountable for integration team of two members.
- Managed the document review process, code review, Ci/CD, and integration process using Azure DevOps.
- Reached documentation integration, design review, and validation in eight months of work, allowing Toyota Material Handling to have clear visibility of the business and system requirements versus implementation.
Senior Software Embedded Engineer (Remote Role)
- Developed the system control unit using soft-device from nRF52 of Nordic and ANT+ framework.
- Created the library and drivers for the implementation of the different sensors, CAN, pressure sensor, battery management systems, and gyroscope.
- Developed the Manta5 app for the initial 300 users for the first hydrofoil bike.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed the entire CI/CD environment for the legacy and new development process. Used open-source tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, and enterprise tools like LDRA.
- Created a new ballistic and fire system control for the regimental applications using rugged laptops.
- Implemented a full development process for enterprise-level without any external dependencies because the all system is maintained locally by the company.
Software Integration Engineer
- Developed and integrated a few systems during my short time. For example, I tailored all old databases saved in CSV files to MongoDB.
- Fixed a few bugs in the flight data recorder system. It was developed using embedded software in a Cypress microcontroller PSoC 5LP Cortex-M3.
- Added a bootloader to the Flight Data Recorder and improved the download speed via USB from 40 to 8 minutes.
Senior Software Engineer
Link ECU Management
- Moved Link ECU products to a brand new platform because the main microcontroller was obsolete.
- Used reusable programming based on commonalities of the current and new features of the system. I implemented the set up for all compilers, debuggers, trace, and IDES for these new technologies.
- Trained the previous team about the technologies and coding using the MISRA C rules for the defense coding approach. It solved the problems related to bad practices in the previous products.
Embedded Engineer - Contractor
- Developed firmware for architecture ARM Cortex-M0/M3 microcontrollers and PIC18F. Also uCLinux development for Gateway using Wifi and Bluetooth. These products were the beginning of the HomeAutomation product family,.
- Implemented SVN server and subversion system training for the team because they had not any supervision system in place before.
- Helped the R&D team to move from a simple product to a new and sustainable product development process.
- Managed a team of five developers for supporting all products from database servers and electronics product production/development.
- Reduced the production cost by rearranging the product portfolio. It turned the production management more efficient and improved the roadmap for the new products.
- Used Agile methodologies to improve the deliverables from the R&D team and reducing the project's timelines.
- Developed the prototype for a new body computer using Linux Embedded in a platform Cortex-A8, Cortex-M4 for sensors, GSM, and GPS technologies. This prototype was phase one for the new product generation.
- Learned the entire Linux toolchain. Built and developed process for Linux Embedded within three months.
- Delivered the project on time for the next stage for testing. The time frame for this project was 14 months.
- Developed communication and interface between the user and ECUs via USB, wireless, ethernet, CAN (controller area network). Also created products using micro-controllers 8/16/24/32bits. It is in several architectures as RISC, MIPS, ARM, and PowerPC.
- Created a testing rig for an automated test using a microcontroller for the automation of ECUs.
- Developed bootloader firmware for all products in each specific embedded platform.
Embedded System Developer
Actia of Brazil
- Reverse engineered automotive electronics modules and developed the test processes within the ISO TS16949:2002.
- Simulated ECU using Vector CANalizer for automated tests.
- Created documentation for users and training for retailers.
Embedded Systems, Firmware, USB, AUTOSAR, ISO 26262, Real-time Operating System (RTOS), MISRA Compliance, WiFi, Military, Scripting, Software, Electronics, DSP, Reverse Engineering, Renewable Energy, Physics, Wireless Protocols, Projects, Product Delivery, Post-production, Safety-critical, IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), IoT Protocols, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive Controller Area Network (CAN), Intel MCS-51 (8051), Bluetooth, Nordic nRF52, Cortex M4, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Ethernet, M2M, RFID, File Systems, ARM Architecture, uClinux, Linux Device Driver, PIC16, PIC32, Microchip PIC18, Bootloaders, Cortex M3, Communication, Device Firmware Updates (DFU), GPS, Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART), Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), I2C, Cortex-M0 Processor, Cortex-M Microcontrollers, Internet of Things (IoT), CANopen, CAN Bus
Embedded C++, C, C++11, Python, Ruby, Embedded C, Python 3, C#, C++
Google Test, Flutter
CMake, Subversion (SVN), Shell, Eclipse IDE, MATLAB, Jenkins, GNU Toolchain, Bitbucket, Git
Defensive Programming, DevOps
ARM Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, Docker, Bluetooth LE, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Automotive, Telecommunications, Project Management
Altium, Bitbucket API, Accelerometers
Master's Degree in Project Management
Unisinos University - São Leopoldo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS) - Porto Alegre, Brazil