Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
During his 10 years of experience, Antony participated in different roles that are part of the software development lifecycle. Because of that, he gained solid experience in quality assurance, as well as back-end and front-end development. He performed testing at almost every layer involved in a modern web application, including testing for UIs, APIs, performance, data ingestion, and accessibility. He also led multiple strategic initiatives and big QA teams.
The most amazing...
...system I've tested is a security threat detection environment while I served as an SDET and tech lead of the whole QA automation group.
QA Automation Lead
- Created and maintained automated tests for native iOS and Android applications.
- Reduced automation execution times by 50%. This was achieved by optimizing the driver settings with more appropriate wait times.
- Helped the team to ramp up the existing mobile test cases by migrating them to a more appropriate platform, aiming for a better organization of the tests and reducing duplicity between the different scenarios.
- Created multiple shell scripts to provision test data in the Django back end.
Principal QA Automation Engineer | Project Lead
Growth Acceleration Partners
- Automated hundreds of different kinds of tests using tools like Cypress, Pytest, k6, Google Lighthouse, Sitespeed.io, and Postman.
- Created a Python program to help manual QAs create automated release notes for a given product launch.
- Led a team of 15 QA automation engineers, helping them with technical challenges and feedback.
- Executed multiple technical interviews for new positions opened in the project.
- Implemented testing strategies from scratch and adjusted them to the needs of each empowered team.
- Participated in a QA Automation boot camp as a professor, using it as a strategy to speed up the hiring process in my team. Here I taught things like UI automation with Cypress and API automation.
- Took my Jira experience to another level by helping the client create advanced dashboards with important metrics, and also helped them automate repetitive Jira actions using Jira automation.
Senior Data Engineer
- Developed multiple Python scripts to extract, transform, and load data into different databases.
- Created scripts to run reconciliation of data to ensure that no data were missed during the ETL process.
- Automated different checks on data, such as null trends, data types, and data integrity.
- Created scripts to compare data between two different databases using Python and Pandas.
- Optimized various database queries to extract the data using the most efficient way possible. This was very helpful whenever we wanted to upgrade a database to a newer version, as it helped me determine if the upgrade caused any data differences.
- Created a script that fetches data from different database views and then parses it into a PowerPoint presentation. This helped the management team to populate presentations with data directly from their databases in a smart and automated way.
- Created a script to send email notifications whenever an integrity issue was found in one of our databases.
Software QA Engineer
Growth Acceleration Partners
- Automated many UI and API tests using tools like selenium and requests library for Python.
- Automated repetitive tasks, such as the configuration of a high availability architecture, by creating shell scripts that would automatically take care of the whole configuration.
- Executed multiple testing activities such as regression testing, smoke testing, sanity testing, test plan creation, QA planning, and appliance testing.
- Assisted with training and technical support for any new team members.
- Created automation metrics such as pass rate, flakiness report, and test coverage.
- Worked on test maintenance, verifying any failed tests from the nightly execution and then maintaining the ones failing due to intentional application changes.
- Participated in various learning sessions with my coworkers, where I taught them important topics, such as creating proper CSS locators, the proper use of Selenium, and automation patterns.
Software QA Engineer | Web Content Developer | Technical Lead
Growth Acceleration Partners
- Managed to grow quickly even though this was my first professional experience, and started leading people after one year of working here.
- Helped the QA team with manual testing at the UI level. I executed various testing activities, such as smoke and regression testing.
- Worked on converting PSD templates into functional webpages, using technologies like HTML, CSS, jQuery, and content management systems.
- Performed multiple management tasks as part of my leadership role, including technical support, one-on-one meetings, performance reviews, and metrics collection.
- Created Jira reports for the client and tracked general metrics using advanced Jira filters, for example, the trend of bugs reported per month, bugs reported by area, and velocity reports.
- Performed other non-functional testing, such as UI performance, semantics, and SEO validation.
- Conducted localization testing for pages supported in different languages, such as English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Japanese.
Test Automation on the Threat Detection System
Apart from my regular testing activities, I also led the whole QA automation group and provided technical guidance and implemented different testing strategies based on the ever-changing priorities.
QA Bootcamp Teacher
Then on the second bootcamp, I taught about automated UI testing with Cypress. Sharing my knowledge with the testing community is something that makes me feel very motivated. I've also done online talks at QA events to go through interesting topics around testing.
In fact, using the following link, you can hear one of my talks in Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUKNBDJCi3U.
Data Testing for an Asset Management Company
Testing an Advanced IT Monitoring Application
QA Testing, UI Testing, API Testing, QA Leadership, Leadership, Quality Assurance (QA), User Interface (UI), Performance, Data, CI/CD Pipelines, Cloud, Agile Software Testing, Software Development, K6, QA Automation, Visual Regression Testing, ETL Testing, SIEM, Network Monitoring, REST API Automation, Automated UI Testing, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Manual QA, Website CMS, Front-end, SEO Tools, Website Optimization, Mobile Device QA Automation, Sauce Labs, Mobile App Testing, Web App Testing
Cypress, Robot Framework, Selenium, Capybara, Appium
Pandas, jQuery, REST APIs
GitLab CI/CD, Autosys, Apache Ant, Jenkins, Zenoss, RSpec, Photoshop CS3, Ektron CMS, Kentico, Postman, CircleCI, BrowserStack, Cucumber
Agile Software Development, DevOps, ETL, Automated Testing
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, CentOS, Oracle, Denodo
MemSQL, Databases, Database Testing
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Universidad Autonoma de Centro América - Curridabat, Costa Rica