Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Polyglot Developer
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Go, Kubernetes, Django, Python, Vue, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Node.js, React, Java
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed is a complex microservice stack with more than five languages that could be deployed into any cloud provider, including on-premise.
Co-founder | CTO
- Built a highly scalable crawl service using AWS Infrastructure that would scrape over 10,000 websites in a short period with minimal resources.
- Indexed all crawled websites into the Elasticsearch engine.
- Reduced the indexing time of Elasticsearch indexes from weeks to about an hour.
- Increased stability and reliability of the banking platform using AWS.
- Built a product from scratch that would remind people through SMS, Telegram, WhatsApp, and email. It can also share events with family and friends. It was built using React and an Apollo GraphQL client.
- Developed a matrimonial product that would help bridge prospective profiles and grew it from 1 to 200 paying customers every month (Ruby on Rails and Vue architecture).
- Created a product that parses handwritten forms and extracts the handwritten fields into a structured database using OpenCV, Python, and Django.
- Built an HR product from scratch using Express.js and Node.js.
- Built the entire software architecture from scratch.
- Built a system capable of handling a huge volume of documents and processes them using purely horizontal scalable models, removing time from the equation mainly using Kubernetes.
- Designed the UI/UX for the product from the ground up. Built with Vue, Bootstrap, and Vuex for state management.
- Improved volume document transaction time from four days to under two minutes using pure horizontal scalability techniques.
- Created a test framework using RSpec to help young developers write tests with the least friction and maximum coverage (less than four times of lines visited) and implemented full TDD across the team.
- Conducted iterative feedback sessions with the customer for the UX and incorporated changes to the most used sections.
- Led a team of approximately 15 and managed the complete end-to-end delivery.
- Created a one-click install using Docker Compose for the software to be deployed in on-premise environments.
- Automated the entire infrastructure using Terraform.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Built the app from scratch in Next.js, MUI, and React. This involved using the Next.js framework to create a server-rendered application and the MUI and React libraries to create the application's user interface.
- Synced Google Calendar events to PostgreSQL on demand for the boost events. This involved creating a custom synchronization service that would periodically poll Google Calendar for new events and then store the events in a PostgreSQL database.
- Integrated complex templates for coaches in the UI using markdown. This involved creating a custom markdown parser that could be used to render complex templates in the application's user interface.
- Implemented the Stripe API for payment. This involved integrating the Stripe API into the application's codebase and creating and configuring Stripe payment products and plans.
Next Jump Inc.
- Launched a small business store for a travel booking platform with custom styling and built-in Vue with the back end in Laravel and Go.
- Performed several enhancements in various parts of the application.
- Fixed several issues in various parts of the application. Enhanced performance of a heavily used page.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Built the Go application that ingests several gigabytes of data using Apache Kafka, processes it, enriches the data, and saves it in Apache Druid.
- Leveraged the power of Goroutines and channels to process and enrich the data.
- Wrote the code to process the data in 50,000 routines, thus saving a considerable amount of money for the client.
- Integrated payment capabilities to the product using Braintree.
- Implemented an alert system capable of delivering millions of alerts to various end customers (built using Solr, PostgreSQL, and Rails).
- Added search capabilities for a result set of over 5 billion complex datasets (built using Solr). Integrated the Solr engine with the Python project using Django Haystack, and the front end was built with Angular.
- Implemented charting capabilities for advanced analytics that is reactive and in real-time using Highcharts.
- Created a Ruby framework that helps improve developer productivity to avoid connection overheads when working remotely. Open-sourced it as well.
- Automated fully the email workflow sending a huge volume of emails (over 6 million) using SendGrid, Action Mailer, and Premailer.
- Designed and implemented delivering confidential data through Amazon S3 safely using Express.js.
- Automated the deployments using AWS infrastructure, ensuring zero downtime.
- Designed end-to-end monitoring using New Relic, Honeybadger, and Monit.
- Generated PDFs with different layouts using Prawns/PdfKit.
- Improved the performance from minutes to seconds which also worked across multiple timezones.
- Implemented texting capabilities that notified about an upcoming schedule using the Delayed Job, Rails Whenever library.
- Integrated OAuth 2.0 with Google for students to sign-up for the course.
- Setup a VPN with a bastion host for securely access to Rosetta Stone servers.
- Overhauled the UI/UX workflow to move away from web-only standards to a responsive design.
- Optimized code that was written in Java/Spring to efficiently cater to thousands of concurrent users accessing the platform.
- Adopted the Rails authorization framework, CanCan, early on to move all authorization related code to one place which hugely improved both the efficiency and maintainability of code.
- Worked on the entire spectrum of the OpenHub application, developing several features in it; also implemented Highcharts-based graphs and badges.
- Played a key role in introducing D3.js-based streamgraphs.
- Automated builds using Jenkins and GoCD and introduced continuous integration and continuous delivery to the team.
- Helped Adobe fix major problems in their Flex framework.
- Used Mingle, an agile management tool that helped estimate and deliver the task with efficiency.
- Ensured 100% code coverage and followed TDD best practices using JUnit.
- Managed the communication and deployment complexity among ~150 microservices built using C#, .NET.
- Worked with more than 50 pairs in a pair-programming program and acquired skills from different developers.
- Reduced processing time from two hours to under three minutes to process a 2GB file that had pricing of various products within a supermarket using Spring Batch framework.
- Developed a migration project from scratch that transformed legacy web-logic application into a Spring-based one.
- Introduced Ajax (Web 2.0) standards to the team and migrated from conventional server-side rendering.
- Converted hard-coded SQL queries that were nonversion-tracked into structured Hibernate query language and tracked them via source control.
- Introduced reusable component development to the team using Spring and Hibernate.
Top Bidding Apphttps://www.bzinga.com
Insights for RPX Corporation
Django-Haystack Contribution | Open Sourcehttps://github.com/django-haystack/django-haystack/pull/1285
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Spring, Factory Girl, Spring Boot, Flask, Laravel, AngularJS, Stimulus, Angular, Hibernate, Ember.js, Flutter, Spring Batch, .NET, Express.js, Next.js, MUI (Material UI), MUI CSS
Sidekiq, Vue, React, CanCanCan, Node.js, REST APIs, Sockets, jQuery, Documentum API, Google Calendar API, Stripe API
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Fargate, SemaphoreCI, CircleCI, AWS ELB, RSpec, Docker Compose, RabbitMQ, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon EKS, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Caddy Server, Terraform, Jira, React Apollo, Apache, Prisma
Refactoring, Microservices Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), B2B, REST, DevOps
Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Linux, Embedded Linux, Mailgun, Android, AWS Lambda
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, MariaDB, MongoDB, Amazon Aurora, Memcached, Druid.io, CockroachDB
Identity & Access Management (IAM), Architecture, Back-end Development, APIs, Full-stack, Web Scraping, Web Development, Scraping, Financial Services, FastAPI, Regular Expressions, Internet of Things (IoT), Prompt Engineering, ChatGPT, Pinecone, Amazon Route 53, Apollo, Machine Learning, SOAP, Elastic Load Balancers, Software, Information Technology, Computer Science, Transcoding, Technical Architecture, Cloud
Master of Science Degree in Software Systems
BITS Pilani - Rajasthan, India
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Information Technology
Anna University - Chennai, India
AWS Certified Solution Architect — Associate
Amazon Web Services