Java Developer in Tampere, Finland
Software Developer2013 - PRESENTFreelance
- Created Mindly, an app for Android and iOS.
- Designed prototypes.
- Consulted to improve client SW development processes.
- Created two company websites for app promotion.
Group Leader2011 - 2012Accanto Systems (Italy)
Technologies: Scrum, Jira Agile
- Led a distributed team of developers.
- Established Agile SW development practices within the team.
- Ensured timely delivery of commitments for development projects.
Product Manager2008 - 2011Anritsu Solutions
Technologies: Data Warehouses, Reporting, Oracle BI, UMTS
- Created a new eoPath (CEM) product suite within the telecommunications industry.
- Acted as product owner in the product development process.
- Negotiated contracts with partners (for product development/OEM).
- Presented product at trade shows.
- Conducted sales support activities.
Software Designer2006 - 2007Anritsu Solutions
Technologies: Java, Corba, DWH, Oracle, PL/SQL
- Contributed to design and development of an in-house data warehouse framework.
- Conducted requirements analysis and design for a new alarm module.
- Led the development of implementation projects.
Software Designer2004 - 2005Exdec Oy
Technologies: C#, Java, Python, FIX/SWIFT protocols
- Contributed to various software development projects for financial applications. The financial applications included FIX market gateway, SWIFT client, reporting tool, fund management software, and some minor projects.
- Implemented an extranet that offers customers the possibility to download software updates, track software versions, and send feedback.
Software Designer2002 - 2004Advanced Technology Solutions S.p.A
- Realized various financial applications (MTA/MCW, IDEM, MEFF, XETRA and EUREX financial markets).
- Performed acceptance tests for the Milan Stock Exchange.
Software Designer2001 - 2001Balance Consulting Oy
Technologies: Java, RMI, XML, SQL, Prolog
- Designed Analysaattori, multi-client financial company analysis software. This project was about technology transformation. The existing software was written in Prolog (over 1 million lines) and our task was to make something more manageable with modern (at that time Java) codebase.
- Mindly (Mind Mapping) (Development)http://www.mindlyapp.com
Mindly helps to organize your inner universe. Give a structure to your thoughts, capture ideas, plan a speech, or take notes.
Mindly uses custom animations and highly fine-tuned user-interactions to provide best-in-class experience for mind mapping on mobile phones.
I made the initial concept design, user interaction design, and implemented the app on Android and iOS.
- eoLive (Real-time Analytics) (Development)http://www.anritsu.com/en-GB/service-assurance/eolive-real-time-analytics
eoLive Real-time Analytics is part of eoPath suite. The product helps telecom companies to get real time insight into the customer experience.
In this project, I acted as product owner for the development and supported sales activities (trade show presentations, customer meetings, trials, etc.).
FrameworksiOS SDK, Android SDK, Redux, AppKIt, PEG.js, CherryPy
Libraries/APIsCore Graphics, Core Animation, Dropbox API, Backbone.js, jQuery, RxSwift, React, Reactive Extensions, Node.js, D3.js, RxJava
ToolsXcode, Android Studio, Apache Ant, ANTLR, Jira, Git
OtherData Warehouse, UI Kit, Prototyping, FIX Protocol
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Scrum
PlatformsWordPress, iCloud, Firebase
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, JSON
- Master of Science in Engineering degree in Information Technology1996 - 2001Tampere University of Technology - Finland