- Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTPaylocity
Technologies: C#, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC, Knockout.js, jQuery, MS SQL
- Created a dashboard and processing system internal to our payroll offering to manage filing and compliance for the Affordable Care Act.
- Built an internal file storage API leveraging Azure app service and storage.
- Pioneered microservices migration through reference implementations, API gateway management and support, and building tooling to simplify our build, test, and deployment processes.
- Founder/Principal Engineer2013 - 2015The Form Factory
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Knockout.js, RESTful APIs, Postgres, jQuery
- Created a crowdfunding platform from scratch utilizing Ruby on Rails, Devise, jQuery, and Stripe API.
- Refactored the front-end of a cryptocurrency exchange for modularity and performance with Knockout.js and RequireJS.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2013TrainingPeaks
- Collaborated with teammates on the full-stack development of a next-generation web application based on HTML5, jQuery, Backbone.js, and Web API.
- Served as the primary contributor to a RESTful API, integrating between the front-end rewrite and the legacy code base.
- Held primary responsibility for the growth and maintenance of our queued/asynchronous processing subsystems.
- Managed technical debt by identifying and refactoring legacy subsystems that did not meet current coding standards.
- Maintained continuous integration on Cruise Control .NET and initiated the migration over to TeamCity to improve the reliability of the deployment process.
- Programmer II2009 - 2011Deckers Outdoor Corporation
- Designed and implemented a transactional email system leveraging XSLT hosted in WCF and administered through an ASP.NET UI.
- Supported the legacy eCommerce platform using ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server.
- Built a custom framework for the web application to support Omniture tracking metrics to report customer experience and usage.
- Provided reports and data mining as needed for business analysis.
- Collaborated with a front-end design team to implement back-end functionality while keeping consideration for design and user experience.
- Software Developer2007 - 2009Matrix Solutions
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL
- Collaborated with a team of in-house and offshore software developers during the rewrite of an existing media sales analytics tool into an enterprise-ready product using WinForms, ASP.NET web services, C#, and MS SQL.
- Defined and managed the customer database upgrade process for subsequent product versions with Redgate database tools.
- Built a virtual training environment based on VMWare for the product education team.
- Provided mentoring for database design and SQL performance tuning.
- Reviewed and critiqued the existing business data models to improve the accuracy and precision of reporting metrics.
- Programmer, Analyst2005 - 2007Giant Eagle, Inc.
- Developed BI and KPI dashboards that summarized massive amounts of data.
- Developed reports and enhanced current reports to meet various business needs against Oracle 9i/10g.
- Contributed to the core enterprise libraries.
- Provided prompt second tier support to internal employees working with internal systems.
- Modeled and refined the new data warehouse architecture.