Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...performance improvement I've made is decreasing the amount of time to export over two million products as a CSV file by 60%.
- Coded data analytic pipelines to ingest and process product data using Java and Spring in AWS.
- Implemented a platform to detect search trends so that customers could drive impressions.
- Developed a serverless system in Python to export and deliver large datasets to customers.
- Created a dynamic filtering experience with real-time analytics for discovering new products.
Kin + Carta
- Modernized a legacy system by implementing microservices in Java and Spring to replace it.
- Optimized SQL queries to process credit card applications fast by analyzing bottlenecks.
- Developed fault-tolerant systems by storing user data on premises during database failures.
- Coded a locking system to sort RabbitMQ events before syncing them to the legacy system.
- Coded memory diagnostics in C/C++ to enable remote detection of memory corruption.
- Reduced memory utilization in low-memory devices by developing virtual network cards.
- Virtualized the router simulator so that developers could run it on any operating system.
- Ported the codebase from VxWorks to Linux to enable the development of a new product.
University of Illinois Chicago
- Developed wearable devices to alert construction workers of nearby machines for safety.
- Coded each wearable device in C/C++ using Arduino while using a scrum and agile approach.
- Collaborated with designers to quickly prototype and test new ideas by 3D printing devices.
- Conducted experiments in construction sites to determine the optimal alerting method.
Software Engineer Intern
University of Illinois Chicago
- Documented commonly found interactive elements on popular websites such as Amazon.
- Implemented the popular interactive elements using HTML/CSS and a new language, CDF.
Blockchain EV Charging
• Decentralized the platform by deploying an ERC721 contract to the Ethereum network.
• Designed a responsive UI using Tailwind CSS to make the platform available on all devices.
• Integrated with the Mapbox API to display a map of all the stations created by users.
• Integrated with Stripe’s REST API to receive payments securely from online shoppers.
• Implemented an event-driven architecture to process and ship orders asynchronously.
• Developed independent and reusable microservices to eliminate tight coupling.
SaaS Subscription Template
• Implemented Google Cloud Functions to manage users and communicate with Stripe.
• Improved loading times by rendering React components on the server through Next.js.
• Integrated with Stripe’s REST API to receive payments and enable monthly subscriptions.
• Connected people by implementing a public group chat application working in real time.
• Authenticated users through JWT by developing an authentication microservice.
• Designed responsive front-end React components by using the Material UI framework.
• Implemented WebSockets to transmit messages between all clients in real time.
Spring, Spring Microservice, Spring Boot, Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Hibernate, Express.js
React, REST APIs, Node.js, Stripe API
RabbitMQ, Git, Jira, Solr, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), AWS Step Functions, Visual Studio, Docker Compose, Apache NiFi, Apache Solr, CircleCI, Confluence, AppDynamics, IntelliJ, GitHub
Event-driven Architecture, Microservices, REST
VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Arduino, Apache Kafka, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Cloud Firestore, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redshift
Memory Management, Arduino IDE, APIs, Back-end, Amazon RDS, Serverless, TCP, UDP, Wearables, Internet of Things (IoT), Web Security, WebSockets, NiFi, Linux Kernel, SOAP
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Illinois Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA