Member since November 11, 2012
I'm a full-stack engineer with a day job at a YC company in San Francisco. However in my spare time I'm looking for an interesting side project where I can make an impact with my knowledge of building scalable applications and engaging user experiences.
Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTHelloSign
- Built key parts of API in PHP and Symfony.
- Built an integrated product into Google's platform using Google Apps Script.
- Redesigned front-end of key pages in React.js, SCSS, and HTML5.
IT Directory2008 - 2013San Francisco Waldorf School
- Led initiative to transform paper mailings into a database-driven electronic delivery system.
- Consolidated server hardware through VMware virtualization.
- Customized data-backup solution, leveraging open-source tools (rsync, and a “3 copies, 2 locations” mantra).
- Reduced yearly expenses by approximately 20% in 2010-2011 (~$10,000) through savings in open-source software, services consolidation, and enrollment in state and federal subsidy programs.
- Led website consolidation/migration from two semi-static sites into a single dynamic PHP web app.
- Streamlined and automated back-end operations using Python scripts.
Volunteer Programmer2012 - 2012Obama for America
Technologies: PHP, BASH, MySQL, nginx, Ubuntu, Git
- Worked as co-lead for a poll-scraping application which sourced data from numerous locations.
- Resolved issues of duplication, security, and quality assurance.
- Performed QA and data organization for various other projects.
FrameworksSymfony, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsReact, Google AdWords, jQuery, Node.js
ToolsGoogle Analytics, Apache, Nginx
ParadigmsSearch Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PlatformsLinux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageMemcached, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB
OtherSEMrush, Digital Marketing, SaaS, API Design, Scraping, Data Analysis, OAuth
- Bachelor's degree in Physics2000 - 2004University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, CA