Senior Software Architect2015 - PRESENTLike A Pro
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Swift, iOS
- Architected and constructed the Like A Pro web application to present videos, photos, and stories from professional athletes.
- Built the back-end administrative section for content management.
- Managed scaling, performance, architecture, and browser accessibility across the entire stack.
- Built an API and iOS application for athletes to post content directly to the site.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2015Closely, Inc.
Technologies: Java, Groovy, Grails, PostgreSQL, iOS, AngularJS, Docker, ActiveMQ, Objective-C, Redis
- Led the software development and design effort of the back-end Grails-based API as well as the front-end iOS client for Perch, a mobile B2B application.
- Architected and implemented an algorithm which optimized the scheduling of millions of daily requests to third-party APIs for maximum efficiency and throughput without exceeding API quotas.
- Managed scaling web servers, setting up database streaming and several other infrastructure related tasks.
Co-founder2010 - 2012Truespire, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, WordPress, Drupal
- Managed, programmed, designed, and implemented web applications using various CMS solutions including Truespire’s proprietary Rails CMS.
- Designed and developed the RubyGem Backup2s3.
- Worked with clients ranging from small local businesses to regional multi-branch banks.
Implementation Consultant2008 - 2010Fast Enterprises
Technologies: Visual Basic .NET, Oracle, SQL Server
- Built, configured, and maintained state revenue systems.
- Implemented an online gateway and credit card processing service for taxpayers.
- Created a web service for submitting various tax returns and payments directly to the state.