SQL Developer in Longmont, CO, United States
Senior Software Architect2015 - PRESENTLike A Pro
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Swift, iOS
- Architected and constructed the Like A Pro web application to present videos, photos, and stories from professional athletes.
- Built the back-end administrative section for content management.
- Managed scaling, performance, architecture, and browser accessibility across the entire stack.
- Built an API and iOS application for athletes to post content directly to the site.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2015Closely, Inc.
Technologies: Java, Groovy, Grails, PostgreSQL, iOS, AngularJS, Docker, ActiveMQ, Objective-C, Redis
- Led the software development and design effort of the back-end Grails-based API as well as the front-end iOS client for Perch, a mobile B2B application.
- Architected and implemented an algorithm which optimized the scheduling of millions of daily requests to third-party APIs for maximum efficiency and throughput without exceeding API quotas.
- Managed scaling web servers, setting up database streaming and several other infrastructure related tasks.
Co-founder2010 - 2012Truespire, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, WordPress, Drupal
- Managed, programmed, designed, and implemented web applications using various CMS solutions including Truespire’s proprietary Rails CMS.
- Designed and developed the RubyGem Backup2s3.
- Worked with clients ranging from small local businesses to regional multi-branch banks.
Implementation Consultant2008 - 2010Fast Enterprises
Technologies: Visual Basic .NET, Oracle, SQL Server
- Built, configured, and maintained state revenue systems.
- Implemented an online gateway and credit card processing service for taxpayers.
- Created a web service for submitting various tax returns and payments directly to the state.
- Like A Pro (Development)
Like A Pro is a global digital platform for professional athletes to share their unfiltered stories and to curate and monetize their personal brands. Athletes connect with their fans throughout their professional journeys by sharing unique stories in their own words—stories about training, nutrition, influences, causes they support, or the gear and apparel they use. Behind the scenes and unfiltered, Like A Pro is athlete driven.
- Perch for Web (Development)https://my.perchapp.com/
Get a bird’s eye view of reviews, social posts, and promotions—for you and your competition—all in one place. Listen to your local marketplace and discover how to improve your own social media and marketing. Built using the Perch JSON API and AngularJS.
- Perch iOS App (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/perch/id553580405
Get a bird’s eye view of reviews, social posts, and promotions—for you AND your competition—all in one place. Listen to your local marketplace and discover how to improve your own social media and marketing.
- Bookprint iOS App (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bookprint/id882622594?mt=8
Bookprint allows a user to keep track of the books they have read, are reading, and want to read. This was a side project I was inspired to create after finishing an epic sci-fi novel. The API and iOS client were built and designed from scratch.
- Backup2s3 - Ruby Gem (Development)https://rubygems.org/gems/backup2s3/
Backup2s3 is a gem that performs database and application backups and stores the data on Amazon S3. The gem also provides to restore your database and file system from a previous backup.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Grails, Hibernate, AngularJS
ParadigmsREST, Concurrent Programming, Agile
PlatformsLinux, Docker, iOS
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Masonry, Vimeo API, Google Places API, Foursquare API, Yelp API, Twitter API, Instagram API, Facebook API, Puppet.js
ToolsGit, Passenger, Apache Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2004 - 2008Montana State University - Bozeman, Montana