PHP Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Senior Java Developer2014 - PRESENTVirtualMind
- Collaborated with HR to interview candidates for Java development positions.
Java Architect2013 - 2014Globant
Technologies: Java, BigQuery, Pentaho
- Worked with Google in the development and maintenance of the financial data warehouse using proprietary Java/MapReduce tools.
- Worked on the migration of high-volume data processing pipelines to a customized version of Pentaho Data Integration.
- Worked on the migration of data pipelines to BigQuery.
- Developed a graphical "Code Review" tool for Pentaho on AngularJS with an AppEngine/Java back-end.
- Worked as Scrum master for a team of seven people.
Technology Director2011 - 2013Cactus
Technologies: PHP, Objective C, Android, BlackBerry
- Implemented tools and methodologies. Participated in the company's strategic decisions.
- Worked on presales, performing project analysis and estimations and contacting potential new customers both domestically and internationally.
- Recruited and managed software developers and QA analysts.
- Selected and and followed third-party freelance developers. Conducted daily project follow-up and software architecture decisions making. Managed project timing and costs control.
- Created websites and web apps with PHP and Yii framework.
- Managed Amazon infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, CloudSearch, ElastiCache, ElasticBeanstalk with autoscaling, Route53, etc.).
Software Architect2008 - 2011Teracode
Technologies: Java, Android, Flex, ActionScript
- Defined architecture guidelines for the Rich Client area of the company, targeting native mobile, HTML 5 and desktop front-end apps.
- Worked as project and technical leader on many mobile and web projects. Managed teams up to ten people.
- Focused on product development for tech startups.
- Interviewed and evaluated technical candidates for the recruiting area.
- Worked with presales on project proposal definitions and estimations.
Developer2005 - 2008Praemium S.R.L.
Technologies: PHP, Adobe Flex
- Worked on product definition and design.
- Developed, tested, and maintained the company website, focusing on capital market news.
- Built a PHP-based web scraping app for gathering stock prices and indicators.
- Created a tool for generating capital market research reports.
- Programmed a capital market technical analysis tool using Adobe Flex with charting tools as an independent product.
IT Analyst2003 - 2004Southern Group
Technologies: PHP, Microsoft Access
- Designed and developed the company’s internal process management application on PHP.
- Worked on common IT tasks such as computer assembly, software updates, automatic backup setup and help desk support.
- Managed VOIP infrastructure.
- Developed a tool for automatically sending marketing faxes to a prospect database.
- Maintained and oversaw the final migration from a legacy system built on Microsoft Access.
- NegoChat (Development)http://negochat.com
An installable chat widget for client-company communication, easily installable on any company website. I developed it using Play Framework, Akka, and AngujarJS.
- Prop-OnLine (Development)http://www.prop-online.com.ar
A distributed software service for real-estate companies where users can share their property listings.
- Krush Wall (Development)http://krush.com
A social commerce site for teenage "urban" targeted brands. The original version of the site which I started from scratch (no longer online) was an infinite 3D wall in "outer space" where users could browse for products, “like” them, or visually "destroy" them if they didn't like them, in a gamified experience.
- NTPAD (Other amazing things)https://www.google.com/#q=ntpad
NTPAD is a driver for Windows XP and 2000 that allows the user to connect their PlayStation joystick (among others) to their computer thru the parallel port. This was built in 2002, before gaming consoles migrated to USB/Bluetooth.
- Piano without barriers (Other amazing things)https://github.com/arielscarpinelli/piano-sin-barreras
An app that allows any screen reader to verbalize a musical score to help blind people study music.
- Football Crunch (Development)http://football.cactus.ws/
A second screen app for following live stats on football matches with an amazing user experience.
- SaxyHair Spray and Play (Development)
A branding app for a hair product company with the cool feature of trying hairstyles on yourself and your friends.
- HTV Radio (Development)
A BlackBerry app for HTV, the Latin American branch of Turner Music. The app has live music broadcast and news browsing functions.
- Wachin Master (Development)
Wa-Chin Master will guide you with his unique wisdom through the arts of online marketing and life. Discover the proverbs that drove entire generations to happiness.
You will find 16 proverbs that will change your life forever and open your mind to online marketing as never before.
- CMD website (Development)
The website for CMD, the leading sports network in Peru, which handles nearly two million visits a day during sports season.
ToolsMaven, Eclipse IDE, Git, NPM, Grunt, Gradle, SBT, Bower
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Kanban, Scrum, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Responsive Web Design (RWD), MapReduce, Functional Reactive Programming, Actor Programming
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, MacOS, Ubuntu, iOS, Android
StorageMySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Memcached, HBase, PostgreSQL
Libraries/APIsSockJS, PayPal API, jQuery, Apache Lucene, Facebook API, Twitter API
- Engineering (6-year program) degree in Software Engineering2004 - 2011University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires