- Java Expert2016 - 2016Elsevier
Technologies: Dropwizard, AWS, Elasticsearch, Java8, jQuery
- Built an SSO integrated web-application using Dropwizard.
- Created an API for the UI as well as for public use.
- Tied it all together with Jenkins-driven automation.
- Set up infrastructure provisioning and deployment using Cloudformation and Codedeploy (AWS).
- Provided unit and browser testing (https://app.crossbrowsertesting.com/selenium) for automatic promotion of code builds.
- Lead Java Developer and De Facto Software Architect2013 - 2016Symbaloo BV
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, Jetty, Spring, Spring Data, Flyway, MySQL, Jenkins, Docker, Amazon EC2
- Developed and maintained a web application serving ~17k concurrent users and 22k requests per minute and still growing.
- Led a team of 4 Java developers and coordinated back-end development tasks.
- Introduced distributed transactions, a unified project build, automated deployments, and integration testing.
- Constantly juggled maintenance, improvements, and an endless stream of new functionality.
- Set up a new project with all the new toys (React, Redux, web sockets).
- Senior Java Developer2012 - 2013ABN Amro
Technologies: Java EE, Tridion CMS, IBM Websphere, plain JDBC
- Worked on the back-end of the system feeding the Tridion CMS.
- Gained a lot of experience with Scrum.
- Worked in a fast dynamic team.
- Java Web Developer2008 - 2013Sonepar Nederland Information Services BV
- Learned the trade of Servlets, JSP, and Lucene in my first job.
- Used String.intern() to fit the whole product database in memory for huge performance gains.
- Gained knowledge about writing good SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Worked on a Swing desktop application deployed using Java Web Start.
- Java Web Developer2011 - 2012Benelux Office for Intellectual Property
Technologies: Java, IBM Websphere, Portlets, Spring Framework, MyBatis
- Upgraded numerous legacy web applications.
- Developed internal tools for processing submissions from the Dutch Caribbean.
- Built an end-user search engine for registered designs, which is still in use today.
- Worked closely together with end-users.
- Fulfilled a highly independent role.