Verified Expert in Engineering
Arjan is a software developer specializing in web applications. He's delivered notable projects that include apps for Fortune 500 companies such as the Willdan Group, with a new platform designed to save the company millions of dollars, and global initiatives like the InsSciDE Project with UNESCO, where he oversaw the launch of the new website that scientists across Europe use. Arjan has an aptitude for computer engineering, leading teams, and creating highly functional UI/UX products.
The most amazing...
...application I've worked on is Willdan's company app, which streamlined all company processes into one intuitive application.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Migrated the complete AngularJS front end of all Webflow sites and interfaces to React.
- Built React hooks using React Query to integrate relevant APIs.
- Participated in design improvement conversations and implemented solutions.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Developed the UI/UX for the Solana NFT trading platform using React.
- Improved the developer experience by contributing to the development of CI/CD.
- Developed an in-house component library of reusable components using React and Storybook.
- Built the infrastructure to store and serve NFT-related data reliably.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built and designed the company website, ensuring a steady flow of targeted traffic to the website and helping facilitate company growth.
- Designed and developed multiple client websites as part of larger campaigns that helped them grow their businesses.
- Managed a team of eight employees, two of whom were developers.
Front-end Designer and Developer
- Designed and created a website ensuring proper CRO.
- Created app login functionality and various template investment portfolios.
- Worked on automatic investing solutions for users.
UI/UX Designer and Front-end Developer
- Assisted in designing and creating a complete web application that streamlined WillDan's many team processes into one pipeline.
- Conducted user and stakeholder interviews that ensured I created the design in the most intuitive and practical way possible.
- Developed the front-end functionality of the application in a way that worked with the designs and the desired functionality.
- Estimated this platform will save Willdan millions of dollars in time.
- Built an admin panel that generates dynamic reports and documents using carbone.io.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Developed the UI/UX for the app and part of the website.
- Ensured functionality between various forms of cryptocurrency and the Edaoment app.
- Created the donation functionality that works with all digital and fiat assets.
- Built the decentralized financial infrastructure focused on social impact.
Software Development Consultant
- Contributed to the communication and web development of new UNESCO initiatives such as InsSciDe and the PERFORM project.
- Created new website content and pages. Collected updates from all relevant stakeholders to develop and promote new content.
- Oversaw the launch of the new InsSciDe website to be used by scientists across Europe.
• Built multiple client websites as part of larger campaigns that helped them improve SEO. Mostly used Nuxt.js and Next.js.
• Developed custom Shopify subscription apps using Vue and Express.js.
• Designed and developed the company website, ensuring a steady flow of targeted traffic to the website and helping facilitate company growth.
• Managed a team of eight employees, two of whom were developers.
• Moved the monolithic code repository to federated front-end apps, implemented React Hooks, and wrote hundreds of tests with the React testing library and Jest.
• Sanitized the codebase from using deprecated or unnecessary dependencies, which resulted in a 20% decrease in internal package management registry size.
• Contributed to the in-house component library using React and Storybook for reusability and scale, i.e., added sorting support for centrally used table components, updated the gene count validation for cart components, and so on.
Willdan Company Application
My job was to design and develop an application where various stakeholders, Willdan employees, and clients could log in and see the information that was pertinent to them.
• Worked directly with other engineers in facilitating seamless integration of the front end with the back end APIs.
• Developed integrations with third-party marketing technologies such as Formik, reactstrap, and Yup.
• Made RESTful API client requests using Postman.
• Translated designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high-quality code.
• Implemented Coinbase wallet authentication.
Angular, Ember.js, Redux, Jest, MUI (Material UI), Ant Design, Bootstrap, Next.js, Express.js, Truffle, Blazor, Nuxt.js, Vuetify, Cypress
React, Vue, MobX, Redux-Saga, D3.js, Node.js, Web3.js, Lodash, PubSubJS, Emotion Library, Formik, Yup, Reactstrap, Coinbase API, Three.js, Babylon.js
GitHub, Redux Thunk, JSX, Jira, Google Analytics, Webpack, Sentry, Postman, Bitbucket, Slack, SendGrid
Web, Heroku, Blockchain, Contentful, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Twilio, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
UI Development, Enzyme, Gatsby, User Interface (UI), Front-end Development, MERN Stack, Web Development, Full-stack, User Interviews, Adobe UX, Responsive UI, Front-end, PWA, Storybook, Ethers.js, Solana, Cryptocurrency Wallets, XD to HTML, App UI, User Experience (UX), Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Full-stack Development, eCommerce, QA Testing, Flux Architecture, Carbone
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Simon Fraser University - Vancouver, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy
Capilano University - Vancouver, Canada