Verified Expert in Engineering
Along with an iOS developer certification from the IT Academy in Belgrade, Armin is a professional, experienced QA engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. He's particularly skilled in Swift, iOS, Xcode, Android Studio, IntelliJ, NetBeans, Java, and automation. Where Armin shines is in the establishment and optimization of automation processes to make them more effective and efficient.
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to establish the mobile automation department within Virgin Pulse and single-handedly increase mobile automation coverage from 0% to 89%.
Lead QA Manager-Consultant
- Defined standards, methods, and procedures for test automation.
- Conducted and participated in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities.
- Established a complete automation framework, both for UI as well as for API tests.
- Produced formal test plans and led the testing effort for assigned projects.
- Ensured full test coverage for assigned deliverables.
- Trained and onboarded new Quality Assurance team members.
BioReference Labs (via Toptal)
- Conducted manual testing of web apps and implemented Cypress automation framework.
- Led and established Scrum processes within the team.
- Conducted the complete regression as well as ad-hoc testing as needed.
Competitive Media Technologies Limited (via Toptal)
- Established a complete automation framework for iOS and Android apps using Appium.
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins and Amazon Web Services.
- Monitored and reported any issues within the integrated systems of the multiple apps.
PayerSciences (via Toptal)
- Created a complete automation framework for Cypress.io from scratch.
- Trained the development team on how to create new Cypress tests.
- Set up the CI/CD pipeline with Azure DevOps and continuous testing implementation.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Performed manual as well as automated testing of all new features.
- Ran an entire regression cycle before each and single release.
- Created and updated documentation regarding QA processes.
- Established QA department and implemented Cypress automation framework.
- Reported bugs and issues observed and established Scrum processes in the team.
Anthem (via Toptal)
- Created complete test plans for multiple teams and implemented Cypress framework for UI testing.
- Managed five QA engineers delegating tasks and future development.
- Tested new features as well as implementation with Twillio and Amazon Chime.
DetermiNation (via Toptal)
- Conducted entire manual testing of mobile apps for Android and iOS, as well as web admin app.
- Reported bugs and issues found and participated in planning and delivering the app.
- Set up fully Appium and back-end tests using Java. Conducted knowledge transfer to the team.
Anthem (via Toptal)
- Set up automation framework with Selenium and Cucumber.
- Ran manual testing of new features and worked on load testing of the entire app.
- Created complete training course and plan for quality assurance (QA).
Engineering Project Manager
- Participated and supervised each stage of the project.
- Ensured that each project stayed on schedule and adhered to the deadlines.
- Created a project budget and ensured the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
- Determined and oversaw consistent testing valuation and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion.
QA Automation Engineer
- Wrote and automated API tests for Mistral projects.
- Performed comprehensive load testing on a monthly basis.
- Conducted internal workshops for mobile automation.
Mosea Inc. (via Toptal)
- Conducted manual testing of Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Implemented test cases based on the stories and reported any bugs and issues found.
- Created entire automation framework for Mobile UI testing using Appium and implemented API tests using Pytest and Python.
Software Engineer In Test
- Developed the test infrastructure.
- Implemented behavior-driven development (BDD) with Cucumber.
- Used New Relic to track performance and report bugs.
Mobile QA Manager
- Supervised the entire mobile QA team within Virgin Pulse Bosnia, which included five manual QAs and two QAs for WCAG support.
- Defined the internal tools for mobile QA processes.
- Created and updated documentation regarding QA processes for the mobile team.
- Analyzed data for the entire QA process from the moment a feature becomes part of the app until its release.
- Trained manual QAs to become automation engineers using Appium and Selenium.
- Held weekly one-on-one meetings with my subordinates.
- Created the whole automation setup in Appium on multiple devices.
- Conducted internal workshops regarding mobile testing.
Mobile QA Automation Engineer
- Created manual test cases for any new features implemented within the Virgin Pulse app both for Android and iOS.
- Wrote up automation stories for automating manual tests.
- Automated manual test cases using Appium and IntelliJ with Java.
- Reported bugs and any issues on the app, regardless if they are UI, API, or functional concerns.
- Executed regression cycles within the release process of the app using Jira tools.
- Implemented jobs on Jenkins CLI for automating the build of the app, uploading to HockeyApp, triggering new builds whenever the code is pushed to Bitbucket.
- Oversaw the release process through biweekly releases.
- Trained new QAs when they joined Virgin Pulse.
Virgin Pulse Mobile Apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virginpulse.virginpulse&hl=en_US
• Record your steps, active minutes, calories burned, and sleep hours.
• Track your program rewards and progress to the next milestone.
• Sync your Max Buzz™ activity tracker to rack up points (must have Bluetooth 4.0 on your phone).
• Connect tons of other devices and apps for automatic tracking.
• And so much more!
Angular, Appium, Selenium, TestNG, Cypress
REST APIs, Stripe API, Jenkins Pipeline, Trello API, Facebook API, React, Vue
Manual Testing, Test Automation, Automated Testing, E2E Testing, Automation, DevOps, Load Testing, RESTful Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Page Object Model (POM), Kanban, Testing
Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NetBeans, New Relic
Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, Manual Software Testing, Root Cause Analysis, UI Testing, Automated UI Testing, Integration Testing, Mobile Apps, Test Design, QA Automation, QA Testing, Regression Testing, Web-based Testing, SDET, Performance Testing, Civil Law, IT Project Management, Android Testing, UI Automation
Certification in iOS Developer
IT Academy - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Master of Law Degree in Civil Law
Pravni fakultet – Univerzitet u Tuzli - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Professional Scrum Master I
Professional Scrum Product Owner I
ISTQB Foundation Level
International Software Testing Qualification Board