Chief Technology Officer2016 - PRESENTSoftmogul, Inc.
Technologies: DevOps, AWS EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Realm, Git, CSS, AWS Route 53, MySQL, AWS, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Envoy Proxy, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Go, Lumen, Laravel, PHP, Electron, React Native, React, Swift
- Started from scratch and built the most advanced all-in-one cloud and type of mobile property management software.
- Was accepted at Plug and Play tech center accelerator and raised a record-setting $2-million series A for the Albanian startup ecosystem.
- Managed and led the development team and organized it into smaller agile teams.
- Implemented scrum and made sure everyone happily followed the rituals while meeting the sprint goals.
- Served as a product owner for all products, distributed across three development teams and one design team.
- Implemented DevOps, CI/CD, and in-house development scripts/tools.
- Performed code reviews and managed the release of all the projects.
- Designed, implemented, managed, and maintained the microservices architecture across all three environments (development, staging, and production).
- Researched, designed, and engineered business solutions to real-life problems by meeting with the clients.
- Designed and developed four mobile apps and nine products that were spread across 30+ services on 50+ repositories; they were also deployed on AWS while using a large number of their cloud services.
- Implemented the best coding practices for all back-end services across multiple communication protocols (GRPC, HTTP, WebSockets), encodings (JSON, XML, Protobuf, CVS) across our Node.js, Go, and PHP back-end services.
- Developed our own framework for React that handled the modularity of the Redux components, asynchronous network events with Rx JS and Redux-Observable and much more.
- Implemented best practices on our Swift iOS development team and migrated to MVVMC.
Solutions Architect | Partner2016 - 2019Softlab Albania
Technologies: AWS EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, CSS, MySQL, React Native, Bootstrap, jQuery, Laravel, PHP
- Interviewed and hired the team that would later make up the company.
- Consulted with all of the company's clients to map out their requirements and provide solutions (both technical and non-technical).
- Ensured that the requirements and deadlines were met by the team.
- Technically led the team by providing solutions, solving problems, and training the members as well as helping out in the deployment process.
- Took on the role of project manager/product owner for multipled projects.
- Worked on projects for both international and large national clients.
Team Leader | Trainer2014 - 2017Albanian Informatics Tirana Olympiad Team
Technologies: Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, C++, C
- Trained the Albanian Olympics team in algorithms and data structures.
- Organized boot camps during the summers, gave lectures as well as led the team to the Olympiads sites.
- Represented the Albanian team at BOI 2014 Turkey as a deputy team leader where my team won the first-ever bronze medal in Albanian history.
- Served the Albanian team at BOI 2015 Bulgaria as a deputy team leader.
- Led the Albanian team at BOI 2016 Cyprus.
Teaching Assistant2013 - 2016Epoka University
Technologies: Algorithms, Data Structures, C++, C
- Worked as a teaching assistant for Introduction to Algorithms & Programming (CEN 111), C & C++ Programming (CEN 112), and Analysis of Algorithms (CEN 303).
- Prepared and graded homework assignments.
- Provided support during exams.
- Taught practice lectures.
Full-stack Developer2010 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: Realm, MySQL, Git, CSS, AngularJS, jQuery, Cordova, Ionic, Laravel, PHP, iOS, Android, Swift, Java
- Worked as a freelance developer for various projects in different technologies.
- Shipped projects both in Albania as well as in various international markets.
- Took on projects and single-handedly developed the project end-to-end (back end, front end, Android, and iOS).
- Worked with the latest trends/technologies as they came out.
Android Developer2015 - 2015Kreatix
Technologies: MySQL, Git, PHP, Subversion (SVN), Java, Android
- Worked on iOrder: an Android app that will be used by the largest nationwide food/beverage distribution companies to manage and keep track of the activity of all their sales team, orders, clients, inventory, invoices and so on.