Chief Technology Officer2016 - PRESENTSoftmogul, Inc.
Technologies: Swift, React, React Native, Electron, PHP, Laravel, Lumen, Go, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Envoy, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, AWS, MySQL
- Started from scratch and built the most advanced all-in-one cloud and type of mobile property management software.
- Was accepted at Plug and Play tech center accelerator and raised a record-setting $2-million series A for the Albanian startup ecosystem.
- Managed and led the development team and organized it into smaller agile teams.
- Implemented scrum and made sure everyone happily followed the rituals while meeting the sprint goals.
- Served as a product owner for all products, distributed across three development teams and one design team.
- Implemented DevOps, CI/CD, and in-house development scripts/tools.
- Performed code reviews and managed the release of all the projects.
- Designed, implemented, managed, and maintained the microservices architecture across all three environments (development, staging, and production).
- Researched, designed, and engineered business solutions to real-life problems by meeting with the clients.
- Designed and developed four mobile apps and nine products that were spread across 30+ services on 50+ repositories; they were also deployed on AWS while using a large number of their cloud services.
- Implemented the best coding practices for all back-end services across multiple communication protocols (GRPC, HTTP, WebSockets), encodings (JSON, XML, Protobuf, CVS) across our Node.js, Go, and PHP back-end services.
- Developed our own framework for React that handled the modularity of the Redux components, asynchronous network events with Rx JS and Redux-Observable and much more.
- Implemented best practices on our Swift iOS development team and migrated to MVVMC.
Solutions Architect | Partner2016 - 2019Softlab Albania
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, jQuery, Bootstrap, React Native, MySQL
- Interviewed and hired the team that would later make up the company.
- Consulted with all of the company's clients to map out their requirements and provide solutions (both technical and non-technical).
- Ensured that the requirements and deadlines were met by the team.
- Technically led the team by providing solutions, solving problems, and training the members as well as helping out in the deployment process.
- Took on the role of project manager/product owner for multipled projects.
- Worked on projects for both international and large national clients.
Team Leader | Trainer2014 - 2017Albanian Informatics Tirana Olympiad Team
Technologies: C, C++, Java, Algorithms, Data Structures
- Trained the Albanian Olympics team in algorithms and data structures.
- Organized boot camps during the summers, gave lectures as well as led the team to the Olympiads sites.
- Represented the Albanian team at BOI 2014 Turkey as a deputy team leader where my team won the first-ever bronze medal in Albanian history.
- Served the Albanian team at BOI 2015 Bulgaria as a deputy team leader.
- Led the Albanian team at BOI 2016 Cyprus.
Teaching Assistant2013 - 2016Epoka University
Technologies: C, C++, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Worked as a teaching assistant for Introduction to Algorithms & Programming (CEN 111), C & C++ Programming (CEN 112), and Analysis of Algorithms (CEN 303).
- Prepared and graded homework assignments.
- Provided support during exams.
- Taught practice lectures.
Full-stack Developer2010 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: Java, Swift, Android, iOS, PHP, Laravel, Ionic, Cordova, jQuery, AngularJS
- Worked as a freelance developer for various projects in different technologies.
- Shipped projects both in Albania as well as in various international markets.
- Took on projects and single-handedly developed the project end-to-end (back end, front end, Android, and iOS).
- Worked with the latest trends/technologies as they came out.
Android Developer2015 - 2015Kreatix
Technologies: Android, Java, SVN, PHP
- Worked on iOrder: an Android app that will be used by the largest nationwide food/beverage distribution companies to manage and keep track of the activity of all their sales team, orders, clients, inventory, invoices and so on.