Verified Expert in Engineering
Arnold has spent the last decade coding everything from 3D games, desktop, and mobile apps to complex front-end and back-end microservices architectures. His breakthrough was founding a very successful fintech startup called Softmogul. While there, Arnold acted as the sole product owner, CTO, and tech lead for the whole tech stack and simultaneously managed DevOps, security, networking, scalability, and performance across nine products and over 50 code repositories in various languages.
Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Node.js, React, React Native, Go, iOS
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a real-time hotel reservation calendar in Canvas which retrieved data asynchronously from WebSockets and RabbitMQ on Kubernetes.
Chief Technology Officer
- Started from scratch and built the most advanced all-in-one cloud and mobile property management software. It offers a property management system, Point-of-Sale solution, Housekeeping app, Channel Manager, Booking Engine, payment processor, and more.
- Accepted at Plug and Play Tech Center accelerator in California and raised a record-setting $2 million for the Albanian startup ecosystem.
- Designed and developed four mobile apps and nine products spread across 30+ services on 50+ repositories deployed on AWS and GCP. Most mobile apps were built as a single developer team when the whole company consisted of just two founders.
- Designed, deployed, and monitored the system infrastructure on GCP, then two years later migrated the whole infrastructure to AWS with 0 downtime, where the system was operating on a dual-cloud architecture for a week.
- Scaled the team from the two founders into 30 very talented and enthusiastic engineers by recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, training, and regularly mentoring each of them.
- Researched, designed, and engineered business solutions to real-life problems our clients face by interfacing directly with them, often participating in outbound sales calls and meetings.
- Acted as a product owner for all products distributed across three development and one design team.
- Handled DevOps and CI/CD and built custom development tools and automations throughout the tech stack and products.
- Designed and implemented all fintech-related features, such as payments, billing, robust invoicing, tax, and over a dozen other financial reports, essentially building accounting software.
- Implemented the tools and best coding practices for all back-end services across multiple communication protocols (GRPC, REST, WebSockets) and encodings (JSON, XML, Protobuf, CSV) written in Node.js, Go and PHP, iOS, React, and React Native apps.
Tech Lead and Project Manager
- Recruited and led the team to design and develop WAW Lifestyle from 0 to 1.
- Built the back end, front end, and cross-platform mobile app.
- Designed, deployed,and managed the infrastructure. Built the DevOps pipeline and custom in-house development scripts and tools.
- Broke down requirements, provided solutions to product design challenges, and managed the scrum meetings.
- Built an immersive live video conferencing solution tailored to offer wellness/fitness classes online, including in-app purchases, billing, reports, and platform-specific actions.
- Took a simple one-sentence requirement in most cases (e.g., build a platform that provides bookable video classes) and created a whole product out of it—starting from conception, design, business logic, development, testing, and release.
Adjunct University Lecturer
- Recruited to start and teach a new mobile development class to bridge the gap between the academy and industry.
- Prepared the syllabus, lectures, homework, quizzes, and exams from scratch.
- Graded homework, exams, quizzes, and final grades.
- Assisted in the Data Structures and Algorithms course during the second semester.
Tech Lead and Project Manager
Neon Screens LLC
- Recruited and led the development team that later created Neon's back end, front end, and TV app.
- Designed the infrastructure and built the DevOps tools/pipeline.
- Assisted in back-end development and bug fixes throughout the entire stack (back end, front end, mobile).
- Successfully led the launch of the product from 0 to 1.
Solutions Architect | Partner
- Interviewed and hired the team that would later make up the company.
- Consulted with all of the company's clients to map out their requirements and provide solutions (both technical and non-technical).
- Ensured that the team met the requirements and deadlines.
- Technically led the team by providing solutions, solving problems, training the members, and helping out in the deployment process.
- Took on the role of project manager/product owner for multiple projects.
- Worked on projects for both international and large national clients.
Team Leader | Trainer
Albanian Informatics Tirana Olympiad Team
- Trained the Albanian Olympics team in algorithms and data structures.
- Organized summer boot camps, gave lectures, and led the team to the Olympiad's sites.
- Represented the Albanian team at Balkan Olympiad in Informatics (BOI) 2014 Turkey as a deputy team leader, where my team won the first-ever bronze medal in Albanian history.
- Served the Albanian team at BOI 2015 Bulgaria as a deputy team leader.
- Led the Albanian team at BOI 2016 Cyprus as the team leader.
- Worked as a teaching assistant for the following courses: Introduction to Algorithms and Programming (CEN 111), C and C++ Programming (CEN 112), and Analysis of Algorithms (CEN 303).
- Prepared and graded homework assignments, provided support during exams, and lectured lab sessions.
- Developed the students' assessment and training (SAT) system for Epoka University's Computer Engineering Department.
- Created SAT similar to LeetCode but tailored not only to practice and learn but also to grade and evaluate homework with various features tailored to the University's needs.
- Designed SAP system to allow students to practice solving algorithmic-type questions in their language of choice; the results are evaluated by an automated judge. This system allows professors to manage practice exams and homework.
- Achieved that SAT was adopted as the default grading tool for homework coding assignments at the University of New York Tirana.
- Worked as a freelance developer for various projects in different technologies.
- Shipped projects both in Albania as well as in various international markets.
- Took on projects and single-handedly developed the project end-to-end (back end, front end, Android, and iOS).
- Worked with the latest trends/technologies as they came out.
- Worked on iOrder: an Android app that will be used by the largest nationwide food/beverage distribution companies to manage and keep track of the activity of all their sales team, orders, clients, inventory, invoices and so on.
Reception | Hotel PMShttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/reception-hotel-pms/id1143079246
• Complete check-ins and check-outs in a matter of seconds
• Move reservations by simply dragging and dropping them to different rooms
• Have all the booking channels integrated and easily reachable from the screen
• Create detailed profiles for your customers
• Personalize their stay with notes and reminders
• Create custom packages for different customer groups at any time
• Automatic updates for your availability and prices in booking channels
• Identify and apply discounts for returning customers
• Keep track and oversee all your payments inside the app
• Accept any type of payment method and never miss a payment again
• Your customers can split invoices and/or pay by any method that they prefer (i.e., card, cash, and check)
• A unique and feature-packed dashboard
• Reports on customers (including frequency, nationality, gender, spending, type, and more)
• Reports on revenue (including, frequency, occupancy rates, customer type, gender, channel, age group, and more)
• Reports on taxes
Cashier | Point of Salehttps://apps.apple.com/bt/app/cashier-point-of-sale-pos/id1185004497
Cashier allows you to accept debit and credit cards straight from the app transforming your iPad into a mobile POS.
It's fully integrated with the reception app, Cashier, which allows you to take orders and accept payments when your guests check out on the front desk.
• Add products through a simple and intuitive interface
• Item variants, modifiers, and inventory
• Fully integrated with Reception
• Organize your orders through tickets
• Unlimited users with role-based permissions
• Accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX
• Send and print receipts
• Apply discounts and issue refunds
• Compatible with receipt printers and kitchen ticket printers
Scheduling | Booking Managerhttps://apps.apple.com/bt/app/scheduling-booking-manager/id1351303591
• Manage all venues and spaces a property has to offer
• Geared towards a professional and business use
• Organize a time-based distribution of all your services and spaces
• Sell services or products
Housekeeping Room Maintenancehttps://apps.apple.com/bt/app/housekeeping-room-maintenance/id1184999799
Fully integrated with the Reception app and Softmogul platform, making sure all rooms are on their actual status.
• Task management
• To-do lists
• Mark room as dirty (needs a cleaning), clean, or needs an inspection or repair
• Report lost-and-found products
• Team communication
• Charge the minibar
• Report room damages
SAT | Student Assessment and Training
This system enables students to practice solving algorithmic-type questions in their language of choice and the results are evaluated by an automated judge. Using the system, professors can manage practice exams and homework with flexibility on managing groups, mentors, collaborations, generating reports/grades, deadlines, multiple ways to evaluate solutions, maximum flexibility in adding new languages, and so on.
This system was later on used at the New York University of Tirana as well.
I worked on the Laravel back end as well as the cross-platform React Native application.
I worked on developing the back end as well as the cross-platform React Native application.
I worked on developing the backend as well as the cross-platform React Native application
Ask Dr. Discovery
Laravel, Lumen, React Native, Redux, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Express.js, Gin-Gonic, Gorm, Ionic, PHPUnit, Django, MUI (Material UI), Electron, Next.js
Node.js, React, Stripe, Stripe API, React Native for Web, REST APIs, jQuery, D3.js
Xcode, Git, Jenkins, Docker Compose, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon EBS, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon CloudFront CDN, Trello, Slack, Envoy Proxy, Grafana, AWS SDK, AWS ELB, Jira, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), RabbitMQ, Amazon EKS, Gulp, Figma, IntelliJ, Subversion (SVN), Sentry
Microservices Architecture, Agile Software Development, DevOps, Web Architecture, Microservices, Application Architecture, Scrum, Unit Testing, Test Automation
Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon EC2, iOS, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mobile, Android, Raspberry Pi, MacOS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MySQL, Realm, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Amazon Route 53, WebSockets, Architecture, APIs, Technical Leadership, Code Review, Cloud Infrastructure, Software Architecture, Back-end, System Architecture Design, Front-end, Web Development, Responsive Design, User Interface (UI), Third-party Integration, Booking Systems, Widgets, Mobile Apps, Prometheus, Algorithms, Data Structures, Product Owner, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Scrum Master, Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, Cordova, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Jaeger, Shell Scripting, MERN Stack, CI/CD Pipelines, TypeORM, University Teaching, Education
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Epoka University - Tirana, Albania