Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Artem is a data scientist with a physics background and experience in machine learning, statistics, and programming in the fintech area. Artem is passionate about predictive and explanatory statistical modeling, especially unconventional methods like deep reinforcement learning, semi-supervised learning, among others.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sanic Web Server, Flask, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, CatBoost, XGBoost, SQL, R, Python, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a deep reinforcement learning agent for a fintech company, that brought a significant uplift in the desired KPI.
Principal Data Scientist
- Built a fraud prevention model. A type of supervised learning model that was trained to directly optimize a KPI, which resulted in a significant monetary uplift.
- Researched new methods for credit risk modeling, fraud detection, and reject inference.
- Architected the data science infrastructure and workflow.
- Created SLAs with QA, DevOps, and software development teams to streamline the model deployment process.
Senior Data Scientist
- Delivered end-to-end data science projects, including core business ML solutions.
- Researched and implemented state-of-the-art methods for the next generation of AI solution at the company.
- Developed a message classification algorithm that allowed to significantly reduce operational workload for the clients.
- Supported the sales team with ad hoc analyses and/or presentations for clients for customer retention and acquisition.
Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH
- Built credit risk scoring models using gradient boosting.
- Developed a programmatic solution for an optimal bidding strategy in search engine advertisement campaigns.
- Designed and implemented the data processing pipeline for credit risk models.
- Developed a type of monitoring software to identify problems in the conversion funnel using various KPIs, such as conversions, costs, CPA, and so on, that automatically notifies the stakeholders of any abnormalities in the KPIs.
Deep Reinforcement Learning (DRL) Agent for Customer Journey Optimization
I led the project completely end-to-end from its inception—researching and prototyping, deploying to production, and monitoring the performance. I supervised the software development team, which was supporting the project from a technical point of view. The model itself was implemented using Python and TensorFlow and deployed using Kubernetes on AWS.
Deep Contextual Bandit for Customer Journey Optimization
I led the project end-to-end from ideation, researching and prototyping, deployment to production, and monitoring the performance. A customer's state feature representation was transformed by an autoencoder and subsequently clustered. The clusters were used as contexts in the bandit. The model was implemented using Python and TensorFlow and deployed to Kubernetes on AWS.
Fraud Detection Model
I collected, parsed, and cleaned the data from various sources (databases, flat files, cloud storage, and so on). We built a CatBoost-supervised learning model, which showed a healthy performance in the backtest. The model was trained to directly optimize a KPI, which led to a significant increase in monetary gain.
Text Message Classification Using Transfer Learning with BERT
Analytics for Cross-selling and Upselling Customers Across Various Products for a Fintech
The project produced lists of customers likely to purchase the offered product or upgrade the existing one.
Python, R, SQL
Pandas, NumPy, TensorFlow, XGBoost, CatBoost, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Keras
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Databricks
Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Exploratory Data Analysis, Credit Risk, Deep Learning, Fintech, Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Attribution Modeling, Neural Networks, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Deep Reinforcement Learning, Data Engineering, Sanic Web Server
Project Management, Marketing
PostgreSQL, Exasol, Google Cloud, Microsoft SQL Server
Ph.D. in Climate Change
VU University Amsterdam - Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Master's Degree in Radiophysics and Electronics
North-Eastern Federal University - Yakutsk, Russia
Diploma in Geophysics
Univesity Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) - Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway
Data Science Specialization